• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A DBZ vs MLP match.

Some people were saying it was PIS, a guy thinks that Gohan was actually more than 2x, someone else thinks 2x is only enough when it is a a continuous blast, etc.

DragonEmperor23 said:
No? Not only am I the one who made the thread, but it even says in the title that it was about Cell's regen being negated by AP of different values. The main topic wasn't PIS.
Yeah, he canonically got negged by a 2x gap, so you wanted to know if 2x would be neough in versus thread or if that only happened because plot (aka PIS).

How big an AP advantage is needed to get to the point where versatility, stamina, range, skill, Low-High Regenerationn, and the like mean nothing? Cell does have an advantage in everything but AP. There are more things to determining a winner than pure strength. I know that without hax that argument only goes until it gets to the point where the AP gap is just that big. How big exactly is the gap between these two? I know that Cell is considered baseline 4-B, and Celestia, with Luna's help, has a casual 4 times baseline feat, and with Shining Armor's love, Chrysalis is just barely stronger than Celestia. Is she 6 times stronger than Cell?

Okay, so judging from the thread's replies since the bump, no one thinks a small amount like 4 or 10 times is enough to damage Cell past his Regenerationn.

Cell isn't baseline. 1 kilofoe is well into 4-B. Anyways, Chrysalis normally is easily 4x stronger than the perfect kamehameha.

How is 4-10x a small difference? That's enough for a stomp.

That's not what I said at all.

"no one thinks a small amount like 4 or 10 times is enough to damage Cell past his Regenerationn."

Where did I mention stomp in here? All I was talking about was his Regenerationn. I made a thread for the sole purpose of determining if Cell's Regenerationn could be overwhelmed by a small amount like four or ten times his attack potency. And yes, that number is small when you're talking about vaporizing people, which can take energy that is millions of times greater than they are.

I'm saying it would be a stomp. I'm pretty sure a human would be vaporized by any 9-A blast, which isn't even a millions times a human at baseline. And yes, maybe in the real world an attack 4x yourself wouldn't vaporize you, but in DB it certainly is. Blasts in general are highr tha someone's regular AP anyways. Usually by a lot.

My bad on the millions part, that was an exaggeration. If you're saying that because of Cell being vaped by Gohan, then the blast only being 4X doesn't come from anything. As you said and was mentioned on the thread I made, the blasts are much higher than someone's regular AP in Dragon Ball. You said on the thread that his regen is only effective against people comparable or weaker than him. Since so many people disagreed with you, you should probably discuss that there.

You do have a point. Even Super Buu's Regenerationn started to fail after repeatedly being blown to bits and pounded into oblivion by Vegito, at one point failing completely and leaving a massive hole in his chest which he didn't even notice at first. Luckily for Cell though, the gap in between power for him and ex queen Chrysalis is nowhere near as big as Buu and Vegito's gap. All of his attacks should be able to cause at least some damage to Chrysalis. This, coupled with his large versatility and having an advantage in just about everything but AP, the one area she has him handily beaten in, leads me to believe that with time, patience, a great deal of effort, and some high difficulty, he could eventually pull off a win. His biggest problem will be his temper if he loses his cool.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
You do have a point. Even Super Buu's Regenerationn started to fail after repeatedly being blown to bits and pounded into oblivion by Vegito, at one point failing completely and leaving a massive hole in his chest which he didn't even notice at first. Luckily for Cell though, the gap in between power for him and ex queen Chrysalis is nowhere near as big as Buu and Vegito's gap. All of his attacks should be able to cause at least some damage to Chrysalis. This, coupled with his large versatility and having an advantage in just about everything but AP, the one area she has him handily beaten in, leads me to believe that with time, patience, a great deal of effort, and some high difficulty, he could eventually pull off a win. His biggest problem will be his temper if he loses his cool.
That's a bold thing to claim, considering Chrysalis is anywhere from ten to tens of times stronger than Cell based on Celestia's tiny part of her power. I'm seriously doubting Vegito is that much stronger than Buu. Even still, Kid Buu is absolutely not 10s of times stronger than fat Buu, and he was exhausting his regen.

DragonEmperor23 said:
My bad on the millions part, that was an exaggeration. If you're saying that because of Cell being vaped by Gohan, then the blast only being 4X doesn't come from anything. As you said and was mentioned on the thread I made, the blasts are much higher than someone's regular AP in Dragon Ball. You said on the thread that his regen is only effective against people comparable or weaker than him. Since so many people disagreed with you, you should probably discuss that there.
Did people disagree? I don't really recall that. Anyways, what LightBuster said is true. I think Cell's regen would eventuhally be exhausted even if he's not vaporized. Also, I just realized 1 kilofoe isn't necessarily Cell's durability level, as Gohan's attack did vaporize him. And Gohan's fatherson kamehameha was definitely not 4x stronger than Cell's Kamehameha, so Cell should be vaporized by any blast from Chrysalis.

I think that using Chrysalis post Grogar form would be better, she should be above the form used here.

Based on how powerful QC is compared to cell, she should take the win high difficulty tho.

Instant transmission, solarflare, and Destructo disk could finish her but I doubt that Cell would combine those 3 for a finishing blow because that's not in his character.

How the fight would happen:

Cell has defeated the Z fighters and has recovered, Discord (as Grogar) BFRS Chrysalis to fight a bug creature like herself.

• Chrysalis tries to seduce Cell by transforming into a female version of him*
(Does not work)

• Cell cannot believe what he is sensing and shoots a full powered deathbeam at chrysalis*
  • she easily tanks it even more casually than how ssj2 gohan took them while cell was just at his basic perfect form*
  • Chrysalis gets angry and shoots a magic beam at Cell which casuses him to blow up into pieces*
(she thinks that it killed him)

• he regenerates*
  • Gets cocky and thinks that he is close to her power (since he already experienced it before)*
  • Chrysalis blasts him again until he can no longer regenerate*
Granted she'd be tired spamming the same attack over and over but it will cause cell to stay into pieces.

Well, Cell has skill, range, versatility, Regenerationn, better flight (she needs her wings and can't heal them if they are damaged while he can regenerate and could even fly without them), and stamina, but yeah, she is much better in AP. Honestly, if they were bloodlusted, Cell would almost certainly win due to his many options. In character though, he would be subject to major CIS (Character Induced Stupidity). I do have to ask though, when you are better in just about everything but AP, what are your chances of defeating someone many times stronger than you?

The only way to really burn through Cell's regen is to have an attack that has the AOE to completely swallow his entire body. Otherwise, if so much as Cell's hand, a finger, anything gets out, you have Cell.

So "blasting Cell into pieces" over and over again isn't going to work. It will get to the point that Chrysalis' AP advantage melts away under Cell's increased power.

I'm gonna vote Cell. Chrysalis can't get past Cell's regen, Cell will eventually zenkai to the point of tanking her attacks and killing her. Mind hax could be a problem, but can you seriously name an instance where Chrysalis used mind control on a major character who was antagonizing her? She used it on Shining Armor, but never once did she try to use it on the Mane 6 or even so much as Spike, IIRC.

There is no evidence that Cell's regen would ever be exhausted; especially if he's constantly zenkai-ing. He has two Infinite Energy Generators inside of him, remember?

He only got a Zenkai after nearly killing himself. Never kicked in and reinvigorated him when he got his head blown off. Speaking of Stamina, there's no proof he absorbed their infinite energy, burden of proof is on you for that, and the fact that he took a sensu bean when offered serves as counter evidence for this claim.

A Stoned Orc said:
The only way to really burn through Cell's regen is to have an attack that has the AOE to completely swallow his entire body. Otherwise, if so much as Cell's hand, a finger, anything gets out, you have Cell.
Doesn't it only work if the thing inside his head isn't destroyed? I know that didn't happen with Goku's kamehameha, but Toriyama stated it was a plot hole.

GokuSparkle said:
A Stoned Orc said:
Doesn't it only work if the thing inside his head isn't destroyed? I know that didn't happen with Goku's kamehameha, but Toriyama stated it was a plot hole.
Do you have the link to where Toriyama stated "plot hole", because I can't find it? I personally subscribe to the idea that he can simply change the location of his core very quickly.

As for whether he absorbed the Infinite Energy Generators, I believe it was explained that when Cell absorbed 17 and 18, he fused with them on a cellular level, and integrated their cybernetics into his bio-android body. Those Infinite Energy Generators being the required parts, alongside the improvements made to 17 and 18 themselves, that allow Cell to reach his Perfect Form. And that's besides the point; it's shown in the series that despite regenerating from only his core, Cell wasn't visibly tired or exerted, and very little time had passed since he regenerated and he IT'd back to Earth.

Yes, he did take a Sensu Bean; I don't believe that Cell has the true Infinite Stamina that 17 and 18 has, rather I think the generators inside Cell exist to reduce the power drain of his Regenerationn.

As with most official statements, it's difficult to find. I can't find it either, but anyways, it is a plothole. Why would he specify head if he could move it around at will?

But he can get tired, like after fighting Goku. He doesn't have infinite energy.

Why do you think he has infinite energy? Very little if anything suggests this.

What I'm saying is that Cell could repeatedly regenerate from nothing but his core without much at all in the way of exhaustion, considering he did so without visible exertion. As for the core cell itself, our profile states it can survive extensive damage, since it survived both Goku's Warp Kamehameha and his own self-destruction, at the very least, so it's at least as durable as Cell's full body itself.

Also, because I missed it on the first read-through.. As concerns the bit about Kid Buu "exhausting" Fat Buu's regen: That isn't what happened, at all. Blows from one Majin to another can negate their regenerative capability and thus truly damage them due to their magical properties.

Back