• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A DBZ vs MLP match.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
But Super Buu was getting exhausted by Vegito to the point his Regenerationn started to fail.
Anime only. His regen never failed him against Vegetto in the manga, and Vegetto wasn't even trying to do any major structural harm to Buu, for fear of the boys inside Buu.

A Stoned Orc said:
What I'm saying is that Cell could repeatedly regenerate from nothing but his core without much at all in the way of exhaustion, considering he did so without visible exertion. As for the core cell itself, our profile states it can survive extensive damage, since it survived both Goku's Warp Kamehameha and his own self-destruction, at the very least, so it's at least as durable as Cell's full body itself.
Also, because I missed it on the first read-through.. As concerns the bit about Kid Buu "exhausting" Fat Buu's regen: That isn't what happened, at all. Blows from one Majin to another can negate their regenerative capability and thus truly damage them due to their magical properties.
I don't think his core was taken into account with the warp kamehameha, because it's part of his head, and he regenerated from his torso without any connection to his head. Also, Chrysalis could easily destroy his core with a casual blow, since an attack a few times weaker than her completely obliterated him.

Still, what about his vastly superior skill, range, stamina, and versatility? With all of those and his Regenerationn, he might be able to wear her down. His Destructo Disks are also capable of killing beings far stronger than the user. Her AP is the only advantage she has. Granted, it's a big one.

I'm not inclined to beleive Cell's stamina drops as slowly as people think. He clearly took enough of a dip in his ki from fighting Goku that he felt the need to take up an offered senzu bean.

Well, that was after he got his wings, arms, and upper torso blown off. Granted, Chrysalis has enough AP to do that with far greater ease than Goku.

Anyway, Cell is a vastly more skilled and versatile fighter than Chrysalis with far greater stamina and range. At the same time, despite being vastly less skilled and versatile than Cell and lacking his impressive range, stamina, and Regenerationn, Chrysalis has energy blasts that are much, much more powerful. If this was a bloodlusted match, Cell would most likely win due to using his brain and employing battle stratagies he has never done before which had he used them in show could have let him win. With them both being in character, it becomes harder due to the fact that Cell rarely stratagises in battle. Chrysalis is only more powerful than Cell because of the energy blasts from her horn. If Cell could tire her out to the point where she couldn't fire any more, he could win. I guess the question is, can his stamina, skill, range, and Regenerationn enable him to tire her down? Also, can she get every bit of his body including the nucleus with her blasts? If the nucleus or any sizable portion of his body such as his lower torso survives, he will regenerate. All he needs is the nucleus or part of his torso or possibly a single intact bodypart to regenerate. You have to completely destroy the nucleus and reduce the rest of his body to chunky salsa to kill him. And that nucleus is extremely durable. If the nucleus survives while the rest of his body is destroyed, she'll fly off thinking she won, he'll regenerate, and he'll get a power boost. Than he'll teleport to her and continue the fight.

Oh yeah. Someone came in and voted for Cell while insulting people who "wanked" MLP by calling them autistic. I advised them to edit that comment before they got banned, instead they made an even more offensive remark. Needless to say, they are no longer welcome on this wiki.

Cell. Unless she has something to completely wipe his body out including the nucleus, he's gonna regen. And if it's severe enough, he'll gain a Zenkai from, in which the last one was able to have him jump from High 4-C to well into 4-B so it's a pretty hefty boost. Not to mention if he's triggered enough he can self destruct which would take her and the planet with him, while he regens,and seeing no self sustenance in her profile she dies in space while he's fine.

So it's now 7 Cell, 6 Queen Chrysalis. I checked again and Chrysalis only had 5 votes previously. Cell has 7 but Chrysalis is close enough that it can't be counted as a win yet. We still need a few more votes.

Chrysalis would probably just web him up after blasting him and trap him before he regenerates. Cell's not exploding webbing way more than 4x his power. Can't regen your way out of entrapment.

Lightbuster30 said:
Chrysalis would probably just web him up after blasting him and trap him before he regenerates. Cell's not exploding webbing way more than 4x his power. Can't regen your way out of entrapment.
His explosion was powerful enough to be a threat to Gohan who was 4-B to his High 4-C. And if she tries to attack him at all while he's initiating self destruct, he blows up.

Yeah, because he was gonna blow up the Earth? I don't see anything suggesting it was genuinely that powerful and not the more sensible explanation that he was going to destroy the planet they were fighting on.

16's bomb had Cell terrified before he found out he didn't have it and 16 was only 4-C. And b4 "But Cell said it wouldn't have killed him anyway" he was either reffering to his regen or was bluffing after he found out he was in the clear, their bombs are made to be last ditch and kill people far stronger than they are. Heck even Semi-Perfect Cell was able to kill Goku with it despite being 4-C himself to Goku's High 4-C. It's a baseless assumption that Gohan would've been unscathed. And if you wanna go the route of only the planet would get destroyed or even if the webs somehowed contain the blast, that's still a free Zenkai for Cell to grab. And still no planet for QC.

When was Cell terrified? I remember him showing a face of shock but nothing beyond that.

Fair point that the bombs the androids have are made to hurt people far stronger than them...but as far as I remember Cell doesn't have a bomb like that inside him though I might be misremembering. As far as I remember he just detonated himself with his own ki as other characters have done. Normal self-destructs aren't nearly as effective on other characters. Nappa and Majin Buu being notable examples. True, Buu was blown to pieces, but considering he and Vegeta are both 4-B, you'd think it'd do a lot more damage.

Um, if the webs contained the explosion then that means there is still a planet for QC. That's sorta the whole point of containing a blast.

Is Cell really going to self-destruct just because "he could lose"? The entire reason he sel-destructed was because Gohan was going to kill him and he had no other options. That is to say: It was a desperation act. Not saying he won't use it, but I'm starting to diubt he'll do it "just because he'll lose".

When was Cell terrified? I remember him showing a face of shock but nothing beyond that.

https://**********.com/manga/Dragon-Ball/DragonBallZ/0212-007.png

Not to mention he was surprised that he had survived his ow self destruction.

Fair point that the bombs the androids have are made to hurt people far stronger than them...but as far as I remember Cell doesn't have a bomb like that inside him though I might be misremembering. As far as I remember he just detonated himself with his own ki as other characters have done. Normal self-destructs aren't nearly as effective on other characters. Nappa and Majin Buu being notable examples. True, Buu was blown to pieces, but considering he and Vegeta are both 4-B, you'd think it'd do a lot more damage.

And now it's your turn to prove this, because this is never said.

Um, if the webs contained the explosion then that means there is still a planet for QC. That's sorta the whole point of containing a blast

even if the webs somehowed contain the blast, that's still a free Zenkai for Cell to grab.

Is Cell really going to self-destruct just because "he could lose"? The entire reason he sel-destructed was because Gohan was going to kill him and he had no other options. That is to say: It was a desperation act. Not saying he won't use it, but I'm starting to diubt he'll do it "just because he'll lose".

This makes no sense. You say he won't do it because he'll lose but in the exact same post you point out he was doing it to Gohan....because he was losing.

That's what I'm talking about when I say he was shocked.

Prove what? That regular self destructs aren't as effective as Dr. Gero's artificial bombs? I gave you two examples already.

...I...never contested this?

How can you quote my entire comment and miss what I'm trying to say?

Lightbuster30 said:

And he if he was at the threat of being killed, that's losing. Not to mention SBA has them willing to kill. It makes no sense to say he won't use a desperation attack when he's in the exact same situation of facing someone far stronger than him and could lose.

Prove what? That regular self destructs aren't as effective as Dr. Gero's artificial bombs? I gave you two examples already.

Which again makes no sense considering

Cell's Self Destruct kills goku while he's in his Semi Perfect state, in other words far weaker. A tier weaker, and threatens Gohan.

Buu literally only survived because of his regen and even in GT Syn was threatened when Goku was going to self destruct.

So yes, prove it, because there is nothing stated that supports your argument.

No matter if she survives the blast or not, the tables are still turned in Cell's Favor.

Either

A. He blows up and takes her with him while he regens soon after

B. She survives but due to no planet dies in Space

C. The webs contain the blast somehow and Cell still regens with a Zenkai boost that turns the tables.

She can't effectively harm him while he's self destructing either or he'll just do it prematurely. And to boot your argument on that she will try and web him up instead of attacking or trying to get away is based on your knowledge on Cell, not hers which she has none.

He thought he was going to be killed and figured he might as well blow everyone else up with him.

The only feat it has is killing Goku. Threatening Gohan in means that could be interpreted one way or another is not a feat. How strong is Goku compared to Cell? Goku seems to be 4.535e42 joules during the Cell games according to the profile, so would Cell really need his explosion to be that strong?

Buu was in chunks. Buu was how many times stronger than Vegeta? Certainly nowhere near the difference between Cell and Gohan. I'm just saying, Buu should have been way smaller than Chunks with a much closer power difference. Didn't the Final Explosion only knock out an opponent out of the ring. Although I'm willing to acknowledge the possibility that Vegeta didn't use full power due to the no kill rule.

Chrysalis consistienly goes for the web after critically injuring her opponent. Prior knowledge doesn't really matter here since she's liable to do it regardless.

He thought he was going to be killed and figured he might as well blow everyone else up with him.

And again it's the same as losing.

The only feat it has is killing Goku. Threatening Gohan in means that could be interpreted one way or another is not a feat. How strong is Goku compared to Cell? Goku seems to be 4.535e42 joules during the Cell games according to the profile, so would Cell really need his explosion to be that strong?

What? Dude, Goku downscales from Perfect Cell, and Semi Perfect Cell is 4-C. And again how is it not a feat? You're assuming Gohan would be unscathed with little backing other than his tier which is already shakey with Goku's Death already proving self destructing can harm characters far stronger than he is.

Buu was in chunks. Buu was how many times stronger than Vegeta? Certainly nowhere near the difference between Cell and Gohan. I'm just saying, Buu should have been way smaller than Chunks with a much closer power difference. Didn't the Final Explosion only knock out an opponent out of the ring. Although I'm willing to acknowledge the possibility that Vegeta didn't use full power due to the no kill rule.

Buu was comparable to SSJ3 Goku, so in order to reduce him to chunks it'd be a quite stronger. And how does bringing up Vegeta using Final Explosion in Super, which acknowledges he can't kill anyone and withstands it now help at all?

Chrysalis consistienly goes for the web after critically injuring her opponent. Prior knowledge doesn't really matter here since she's liable to do it regardless.

Self Destructing =/= Critical Injury. And all that does is lead into option C.

Hst master said:
Cell. Unless she has something to completely wipe his body out including the nucleus, he's gonna regen. And if it's severe enough, he'll gain a Zenkai from, in which the last one was able to have him jump from High 4-C to well into 4-B so it's a pretty hefty boost. Not to mention if he's triggered enough he can self destruct which would take her and the planet with him, while he regens,and seeing no self sustenance in her profile she dies in space while he's fine.
Well, her casual attacks are stronger than the full power Fatherson Kamehameha, which completely wiped him out, so...

Also, I'm gonna quote what I wrote earlier.

"As this is in-character, I could totally see Cell thinking Chrysalis is weak because of her appearance, and trying to tank an attack. As Chrysalis is willing to kill, she'd shoot a lethal beam, which Cell would dodge at the last minute. About half of his body would be blown to smithereens, and he'd recover, tired. You might be thinking, "wait, shouldn't he get stronger?" Well, remember that time when half of his body got blown up againot Goku? When he healed, it was clearly stated that it took a lot out of him. So I don't think a similar thing happening would make cell stronger either. Since Cell is a sore loser, he would fly up and try to blow up the earth, and the beam chrysalis would counter with would destory cell completely and utterly. Cell could win, but considering his character, he wouldn't win in most situations."

Well, her casual attacks are stronger than the full power Fatherson Kamehameha, which completely wiped him out, so...

And again unless she has the AoE to wipe him out completely, he's going to regen.

And again, you're trying to make it seem like I'm saying if he so much as gets touched he'll get a zenkai like black. I'm not, it's purely from the Self Destruction which he did because like you said "He's a sore loser".

Also this is Super Perfect Cell. He ''already'' has experience on what would happen if he just tried to fly up and blast the earth. So it makes no sense to say that's what he'd do when he knows it won't work.

Chrysalis isn't Gohan, so he could try the same thing. And Cell doesn't think when he's cornered really. He only self destructed becaus he actually reverted and at that point he knew he had no chance. He's not going to self destruct any time he's not doing well. And just because he did it once doesn't mean he can always regenerate from a self destruction. In fact, if he does it in his super perfect form, I'm sure his nucleus would get blown up by Cell's greater strength. So at best, he gets away from this with a tie. And even then, it's possible Chrysalis could just web up his whole body so his explosion just blows up around himself, causing even greater damage.

Chrysalis isn't Gohan, so he could try the same thing. And Cell doesn't think when he's cornered really. He only self destructed becaus he actually reverted and at that point he knew he had no chance. He's not going to self destruct any time he's not doing well. And just because he did it once doesn't mean he can always regenerate from a self destruction. In fact, if he does it in his super perfect form, I'm sure his nucleus would get blown up by Cell's greater strength. So at best, he gets away from this with a tie. And even then, it's possible Chrysalis could just web up his whole body so his explosion just blows up around himself, causing even greater damage.

Doesn't have to be Gohan, just a similar situation in which he has no chance. And dude, him regenning from his self is where his regen comes from, saying "He might not this time" isn't an argument. Also what? His nucleus is part of his body. If he's stronger, his nucleus would also be, dude that's completely unfounded. And Lightbuster already tried the web argument. In which case read my previous comments.

I have a few things to note:

1: In tenkaichi 3, after second form Cell self destructs, he can't do that again. Of course, since that isn't canon, we can assume that Cell could do it again.

2: Cell's nucleus would have indeed gotten more durable.

3: Cell's self destruction would have gotten much stronger. Keep in mind he was in his 2nd form when he used it. Post near death power increase Perfect Cell's self destruction would be in another league.

Hst master said:
Doesn't have to be Gohan, just a similar situation in which he has no chance. And dude, him regenning from his self is where his regen comes from, saying "He might not this time" isn't an argument. Also what? His nucleus is part of his body. If he's stronger, his nucleus would also be, dude that's completely unfounded. And Lightbuster already tried the web argument. In which case read my previous comments.
Like I said, Cell doesn't think straight when he's angry. His self destruct would be much stronger if he did it in his super perfect form, so he could blow up his nucleus this time. And I don't think his nucleus would get stronger. It's a cell inside his body, not a muscle he can train. It's like how the gentle fist works against all opponents in Naruto, regardless of their strength, because you can't train your internal organs. And Goku almost died to a regular disease, so obviously DB isn't an exception to this rule. So Cell could very well destroy his nucleus if he self destructed in his super perfect form. And even if she doesn't know about the fact that he could blow up if she attacked, it's kind of obvious if you look at him. Either way, it's tactical to try containing the explosion.

It's not enough to destroy the nucleus. Even without the nucleus, the rest of his body has to be destroyed as well, otherwise he will regenerate like he did when his upper torso got vaporized.

Like I said, Cell doesn't think straight when he's angry. His self destruct would be much stronger if he did it in his super perfect form, so he could blow up his nucleus this time. And I don't think his nucleus would get stronger. It's a cell inside his body, not a muscle he can train. It's like how the gentle fist works against all opponents in Naruto, regardless of their strength, because you can't train your internal organs. And Goku almost died to a regular disease, so obviously DB isn't an exception to this rule. So Cell could very well destroy his nucleus if he self destructed in his super perfect form. And even if she doesn't know about the fact that he could blow up if she attacked, it's kind of obvious if you look at him. Either way, it's tactical to try containing the explosion.

And again he already has experience on this. Saying he doesn't think(Which is also untrue seeing as how he thought his way out of problems in his 1st and 2nd forms) is useless anyway. And again, prove this. Because so far it seems like you're just saying this with no real backing. His Nucleus is apart of his body. it could survive the 1st time there's no reason ot can't and especially not "He's stronger now". And no, you're equating a piece of Cell's body which could survive an explosion several times stronger than he was in his current state to Goku having a disease. One is a durability feat, the other isn't. There's no level of Durability against diseases. And no it's not considering Gohan was about to, again like Lightbuster, you're basing that on your knowledge and not hers.

Back