• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A DBZ vs MLP match.

GokuSparkle said:
If he self destructs in his super perfect form, I'm pretty sure his whole body will be reduced to nothing.
That's not proof that his nucleus will be destroyed if he were to do so. That's a baseless assumption. Also the difference is only 4x. You'd need to be 7x stronger to one shot.

We need either one more Cell vote or five more Chrysalis votes for a winner to be determined.

One thing I will say is that while Chrysalis's attacks pack more power than Cell's, they have a far smaller AOE. Again, this seems like a match of Weak But Skilled (Cell) vs Unskilled But Strong (Chrysalis). Cell is a far more skilled and versatile warrior with much more range and stamina, but Chrysalis is much stronger. it's hard to say who's the more strategic of the two, as both have had their idiot moments per PIS.

I think we should determine if she could destroy the nucleus and reduce the rest of his body to chunky salsa despite lacking the AOE that ki blasts have.

No, if one character reaches 7 votes but there is not a 3 vote difference the match is inconclusive. The vote count last I checked was 8-6, so this match has gone incon.

I just looked at the thread rules. They say that once a valid count has been reached, a grace period of 24 hours will begin, and after it ends, the results will be added. It says count, not tally, so it's not clear if it means once there's 7 votes for one side, or at least 7 votes for one side and a three vote difference. Also, it doesn't say what happens if the three vote gap changes within those 24 hours. Inconclusive is actually a voting option. From what I can tell, no one has taken that option yet. I see no part that specifically states "if one character reaches 7 votes but there is not a 3 vote difference the match is inconclusive and after 24 hours the discussion ends". That is not stated anywhere. Maybe we should ask an admin.

Details, details. We just needed some more time to debate things like if Cell's self destruction would be stopped by her webbing, if her blasts had the AOE required to destroy the nucleus. That sort of stuff.

Hst master said:
That's not proof that his nucleus will be destroyed if he were to do so. That's a baseless assumption. Also the difference is only 4x. You'd need to be 7x stronger to one shot.
Why 7x? And his nucleus got destroyed by a roughyl1 kilofoe attack, so a 4 kilofoe one should definitely do the trick. Again, an organelle in his body wouldn't get stronger by him becoming stronger. It should have a set durability.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Details, details. We just needed some more time to debate things like if Cell's self destruction would be stopped by her webbing, if her blasts had the AOE required to destroy the nucleus. That sort of stuff.
Which still hasn't been settled. She can easily cocoon whole bodies, and it's been shown to be powerful enough to hold Cadance and Discord, so it's not weak. And she can just blast his head off, which would destroy his nucleus. Again, the Goku thing is just a plothole.

Because 7x is the minimum to one shot. Also no, Gohan's attack was far supieror to Cell's unqantifiably, Cell is the one where 1 kilofoe comes from. And no it wouldn't, you'd need to prove that. Just saying it would isn't enough.

Chrysalis scales to someone who can manipulate the sun with a fragment of her power. She's at least > 8x by default. Hell, at one point the fraction was deemed so small staff allowed for a jump from 4-C to potentially High 4-C back when everyone was still star level. So yeah. The one-shot gap is very much covered.

Lightbuster30 said:
Chrysalis scales to someone who can manipulate the sun with a fragment of her power. She's at least > 8x by default. Hell, at one point the fraction was deemed so small staff allowed for a jump from 4-C to potentially High 4-C back when everyone was still star level. So yeah. The one-shot gap is very much covered.
Someone above literally just said that she scaled from a 4x feat. So now I'm hearing conflicting arguments. And again AoE.

Cell has IT, so he could get out of the webbing. Also, Chrysalis may-DOES have the AP advantage, but his attacks have a far better AOE. I highly doubt the webbing would stop his self destruction. I think the webbing would rip apart due to his size in that form anyway.

Hst master said:
Because 7x is the minimum to one shot. Also no, Gohan's attack was far supieror to Cell's unqantifiably, Cell is the one where 1 kilofoe comes from. And no it wouldn't, you'd need to prove that. Just saying it would isn't enough.
It wasn't that much stronger. It took several seconds for it to overpower the perfect kamehameha. And I'm saying if something that took several seconds to overpower 1 kilofoe could destroy it, an attack that is casually above 4 kilofoe should almost certainly be able to do it.

Hst master said:
Someone above literally just said that she scaled from a 4x feat. So now I'm hearing conflicting arguments. And again AoE.
Yes, it's from the same feat, but in one episode, a small part of Celestia and Luna's magic was put in an amulet to control the sun and moon. So even though it was only shown swinging those objects across the sky, it should theoretically be able to perform the same feat that resulted in 4 kilofoe. And that was a small portion of their magic.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Cell has IT, so he could get out of the webbing. Also, Chrysalis may-DOES have the AP advantage, but his attacks have a far better AOE. I highly doubt the webbing would stop his self destruction. I think the webbing would rip apart due to his size in that form anyway.
How can he IT when he can't move his hands to put on his forehead? And why does his AOE matter against her? Either way the attacks won't injure her. And it's also possible that he'll delf destruct early by too much pressure since he can't break out.

He doesn't need to put his fingers to his forehead. It helps, but Goku has done it many times without doing that. It's not his AOE that matters, it's hers. Her magical blasts lack the AOE that ki blasts have, so they may not be able to get every cell of his body like the Kamehameha could. It doesn't matter whether he explodes on time or not, the blast should be the same. Even if it wasn't the same, he would regenerate and get a power boost.

"the Goku thing is just a plothole". One that the English dub corrected by saying he can regenerate from any part of his body. Even if you were to dismiss the English dub, plothole or not, it effects the story in a major way. If you were to say Chrysalis could kill him with something similar to what Goku did, you would get people on here complaining that he survived that.

@Sparkle

Hence why it's at least 4x. Just saying 8 is a random number. Cell Self Destructing early doesn't matter, he's still gonna regen from it and gain a Zenkai, closing the gap between them or blow up the place, leaving her either dead or dying in space. And Cell can IT without puttinh his head to his forehead, as Goku does it.

Well, it's been a full 24 hours since there was a 3 vote gap between the fighters with at least one of them having an acceptable vote number. In those 24 hours, the votes have remained the same. Some minor points have been brought up, but they have also been refuted (AOE won't be enough to get all of Cell's body at once, IT will enable escape from webbing, ETC). Assuming we don't get any newcomers to this thread and nobody has any new points to raise, it seems like the consensus is that Cell would win with very high difficulty. Does anyone have any new arguments to make for Chrysalis, or is it okay if I add these results? I will wait a while to see if anyone has anything new to say. If nothing new is brought up soon, I will add this to Chrysalis's profile and request it to be added to Cell's profile.

Well, that is a good thing to point out. However it was a plushie that was reduced to ash, we've never seen anything bigger than that, so doing that to a person should be somewhat more difficult.

The explosion thing is a good point, but the AOE that it has is still less than that of a ki blast. The explosions could blow him to pieces, but unless he's destroyed completely, he will reform.

We need to know if the AOE of her blasts can get everything including the nucleus. If it or anything else is left, he will regenerate. The vote tally is officially high enough to add the results, so I will allow 12 more hours for you or anyone else to provide arguments/evidence that her blasts could get him in one go like a ki blast. Otherwise, it seems like he would win this with very high difficulty. I will allow a chance to convince people here that she could destroy his body in total, but this match has been going on extremely long, so if there are no vote changes by the end of the day, I will be adding this to her profile and making the request for Cell. Sorry, but this thread is getting ridiculously long.

She did it to a wheel the size of Pinkie Pie, with her arms and legs splayed out effectively doubling her standard height. Cell, last I checked was 2.1336 m tall (looked it up online and it says 7 ft).

The explosion has the benefit of being oodles above Cell's AP and compared to the KI blast that killed him. Who cares anyways? Al that matters is it being big enough to emcompass his head. We don't need full body destruction. This ain't the anime.

Theoretically speaking, as long as the blast can permeate and spread it's damage across Cell's head it should do the trick. The destruction of his nucleus; located in the head, is what's important here.

The explosion is about at least 4x more than him. It's not killing him. Also didn't you just say it permeates? How can it do both at the same time? And yes, he can regenerate from any part of his body so long as a piece survives. And b4 "If the nucleus in his head is hit" because the nucleus is in his head, yet he's already shown he can regenerate from other body parts when his torso was blown off.

Way more than 4x for reasons stated. I said her blasts that is to say her beams permeate if they don't explode. Not sure what your third point is? Are you saying his head doesn;t need to be attached to his body to regenerate body parts? Because I never disputed that.

Way more than 4x for reasons stated.

Hence the at least. We don't just slap a random multiplier on things.

I said her blasts that is to say her beams permeate if they don't explode.

And permeatation matters in the 1st place why? It's purely the explosion that matters

Are you saying his head doesn;t need to be attached to his body to regenerate body parts? Because I never disputed that.

Also Lightbuster: "Who cares anyways? Al that matters is it being big enough to emcompass his head. We don't need full body destruction. This ain't the anime."

A fraction is bare minimum 2x last I've been told.

Why wouldn't it matter? If the power of the beam permetes throughout targets bigger than Cell, then logically that means Chrysalis's beam isn't limited to only distributing energy to the body part it hits. It doesn't need to exlpode to do so.

Because destroying his head increases the chance his nucleus gets destroyed? His head was destroyed but I'm assuming somehow his nucleus survived. His nucleus was stated to be the source of his Regenerationn iirc.

A fraction is bare minimum 2x last I've been told

And I've seen several other characters get only at least and that's it in similar situations.

Why wouldn't it matter? If the power of the beam permetes throughout targets bigger than Cell, then logically that means Chrysalis's beam isn't limited to only distributing energy to the body part it hits. It doesn't need to exlpode to do so.

Because that's still regenerable.

Because destroying his head increases the chance his nucleus gets destroyed? His head was destroyed but I'm assuming somehow his nucleus survived. His nucleus was stated to be the source of his Regenerationn iirc.

And yet him being able to regenerate from his lower body when his head was destroyed already points to that he can regenerate from other body parts. And like I've already pointed out repeatedly, his can tank attacks several times stronger than him anyway, evident with his self destruction.

Got anyone specific?

Is getting knocked out regenerable? Because she tends to hit hard enough to ko even against comparable opponents.

I've always assumed his nucleus survived. Fair point I guess. But he can't tank several times his durability. That fact that he had to regenerate means he didn't tank his own self-destruction, else it defeats the point of Regenerationn.

I've heard the "his nucleus survived that" argument before, and it makes no sense. In that case, his nucleus would have landed somewhere on the ground and he would have regenerated from that, not his armless, headless torso.

Back