• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A DBZ vs MLP match.

Cell didn't seem to lose too much stamina when he regenerated from the Final Flash. I know he needs to recover from something like being reduced to a single cell to get stronger, as otherwise Regenerationn can gradually weaken him, but I think it will take more than just one Regenerationn to tire him.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Cell didn't seem to lose too much stamina when he regenerated from the Final Flash. I know he needs to recover from something like being reduced to a single cell to get stronger, as otherwise Regenerationn can gradually weaken him, but I think it will take more than just one Regenerationn to tire him.
But that's not the point. Perfect Cell has demonstrated very clearly that he easily loses his head if things aren't going well for him (yes, literally and metaphorically). It'd be a similar situation to Gohan vs Cell, with an even bigger power gap.

Why are we using things GT Cell did? The dude doesn't even have a profile and it's non-canon here. I'm 90% certain OP means manga Cell. If it's PIS for Cell not using those abilities then it's PIS for QC not using her abilities like mind control and MLP has far better excuses going for it than Dragonball. The problem is that he's going to feel those hits. Regenerationn or not, Chrysalis is going to hit hard. A 4x advantage is already going to make him feel the pain. That she's superior to someone who's 4-B with a fraction of their power just makes the gap even wider. And for someone who's regen operates on stamina iirc, that is not a good thing. Goku; his relative equal, (before powering up) pushed him to the point of accepting a senzu bean, then someone many many times strong than him can probably do worse.

Despite knowing that you acknowledged it you are right: Quanitity does not equal quality. A bunch of small advantages won't let you overcome a relatively big AP advantage. I mean, ki powered flight vs winged? That isn't just a "small" advantage. Thats borderline irrelevant. Sure I guess it's an advantage since it allows for freer flight I guess, but it's not a game changing one. Not even a game tipping one in these circumstances. It's not even like Chrysalis needs to kill him. She can try hitting him hard enough to knock him out. Or, just, hit him again as soon as she sees him regenerating.

That depends: What counts as near death for Cell? Does getting a hole blown through his torso count? It didn't seem to help him when Goku blew his head off. If anything, that seemed to have cost him so ki since again,l he had to repenish with a senzu. And it certainly wasn't doing any favors against Gohan.

Not sure who the better strategist is.

The reason I brought up the absorption is because it was not just in GT. Various videogames also depict him having the ability to absorb in his Perfect form. I will admit he does not use it in character that much after he evolves from his first form (Even second form Cell only used it twice to try and absorb Vegeta, only in the anime at that (in the manga he just tries to whack him with his tail like a club), both times unsuccessfully). The only time he uses it in his Perfect state is in expanded media.

You do raise a good point. Cell has an advantage in just about everything...except for AP. He has range, stamina, Regenerationn, versatility, martial arts, acrobatics, teleportation, absorption, freer flight, the ability to survive in space if he destroys the planet to try and kill Chrysalis, and the ability to temporarily blind opponents...but if Chrysais really has as big an AP advantage as you say...

Just how big is the gap, in terms of numbers? Also, who do you think has more skill?

Cell is with his strongest attack 1 kilofoe. Chrysalis is slightly stronger than someone who is casually 4 kilofoe.

What Cell considers "bring of death" is self destruction not even he though he would come back from. His sayian biology wasn't doing him any favors the times he got dismembered or when he had his head blown off by Goku.

It's not. There's never been a statement that said he stops regenerating if he gets tired or runs out of ki. If there was, then a weakness would needed to be added to his page.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It's not. There's never been a statement that said he stops regenerating if he gets tired or runs out of ki. If there was, then a weakness would needed to be added to his page.
His Regenerationn is Namekian based, and Namekian based Regenerationn uses the Namekians ki. The only difference is Cell can regenerate thanks to a nucleus in his head.

What does getting hit with a strong attack have to do with running out of ki or stamina? He was vaporized by an attack much higher than his strength and that negated his regen by damaging him beyond what he could recover from. That has nothing to do with what I said.

Gohan and Cell were actually pretty comparable in power there, Gohan being able to hold back his KameHaMeha but only being able to overpower Cell because his concentration lapsed.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Still, Cell wasn't killed because he ran out of ki or got tired.
Look, all I'm saying his Regenerationn is namekian based which drains the users ki. So if he gets damaged enough times he'll eventually waste enough ki that he can't regenerate. I;m not saying he died because he ran out of ki, I'm saying thats how namekian Regenerationn; the regen he has, works

I thought you were referring to Light's comment about his regen being based on ki or stamina.

I don't think that what happened in that Cell vs. Gohan clash can be applied here. Otherwise Cell would have a weakness of being able to be vaporized by people much weaker than would normally be required.

Look, all I'm saying his Regenerationn is namekian based which drains the users ki. So if he gets damaged enough times he'll eventually waste enough ki that he can't regenerate. I;m not saying he died because he ran out of ki, I'm saying thats how namekian Regenerationn; the regen he has, works

That's where it comes from yeah, but unlike Namekians we have no idea if everything applies the same way. I mean, Namekians certainly can't come back from a nucleus like Cell can, so the ratio of damage to ki needed to regen is completely unknown.

The only difference is that instead of his brain, he regenerates from a nucleus.Thats the only difference as far as we know and Occam's razor would assume it operates at least in a similar manner until we have evidence saying otherwise. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Anyway, voting Chrysalis right now. Cell throws a KameHaMeha to destroy the solar system, Chrysalis throws a magic blast, and it ends just like Gohan Vs Cell ended.

Do we have to wait for that thread to finish before we can continue this one?

In any case, Cell has skill, range, stamina, versatility, Regenerationn, immunity to her love absorption along with his own form of absorption, teleportation, the ability to temporarily blind her, the ability to survive in space if he decides to destroy the planet to try and kill her, the ability to come back stronger if he suffers a near fatal injury similar to his self destruction, and a couple of very minor advantages such as martial arts and acrobatics as well as the ability to constantly track her location with ki sense. Chrysalis, meanwhile, has a HUGE AP advantage, as well as mind control.

Suffice to say, Cell can't take Chrysalis in a straight up fight by simply overpowering her, but he could work around her superior power by strategy; blind and than absorb her, grab her and teleport her into space, or destroy the planet, either with a really powerful blast or self destruction. Those are his options. There is also the possibility of him getting stronger from near death provided even a single cell of his body can survive one of her blasts. So I guess it all comes down to who is the better stratagest, if even a single cell could survive her blasts, and whether or not all of Cell's previously mentioned advantages will enable him to last long enough to imploy strategy. Because of all his many small advantages, he should be able to drag the fight on despite her power advantage, but unless he employs cunning or gets a near death power boost, he will only be delaying the inevitable.

Half of those things Cell never does in character. This is not bloodlusted. He never considered solar flaring Gohan and absorbing him. He's never tried teleporting someone into space and leaving them there. And his zenaki boost didn't happen until he self-destructed. It did absolutely nothing for him after getting his head and arms blown off by Goku.

Yeah. That's why I said it would come down to whether or not his many, many small advantages (skill, stamina, Regenerationn, etc) would allow him to last long enough to resort to either stratagizing or throwing a temper tantrum and destroying the planet, as well as to what condition her blasts would leave his body in, and who is the better strategic fighter.

Well, Cell has an advantage in just about everything except for AP. I know that "it takes more than strength to win a battle", but if it's really as big a gap as you say...what does it mean when you have versatility, stamina, range, skill, Regenerationn, teleportation, and a few other minor advantages, but are completely outclassed in AP? I mean, if Cell was bloodlusted or he and Chrysalis were more equal in AP, this would be a stomp in his favor, but as is...

I guess this comes down to how well his Regenerationn could protect him from her blasts, whether or not he could get a power boost during the fight, whether or not he would destroy the planet, and ultimately who is the better strategist. How much of a leg up does she have on him in AP? Who could outwit the other? How likely is Cell to destroy the planet?

As I said, Chrysalis is vaguely more than 4x stronger, Cell and Chrysalis aren't really mid battle strategists, and Cell would probably try to destroy the planet with a kamehameha that Chrysalis blocks, killing him.

It wouldn't kill him tho. We just had a whole thread that resulted in saying the Kamehameha used to obliterate all of Cell's attack potency is unknown. And a four times AP advantage isn't enough to obliterate someone.

Actually, we do know the potency, 2x, the thread had nothing to do with that, it had to do with whether Cell being obliterated by it was PIS or not. Also, the thread wasn't even finished, as nobody got to an agreement.

"Just the sheer AP collected at the mid point of their beam struggle was ultimately pushed toward Cell and that level of regen can be easily overcome by AP. How much AP difference? That's inconsistent and putting a value to it is ridiculous." -AKM

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Actually, we do know the potency, 2x, the thread had nothing to do with that, it had to do with whether Cell being obliterated by it was PIS or not. Also, the thread wasn't even finished, as nobody got to an agreement.
No? Not only am I the one who made the thread, but it even says in the title that it was about Cell's regen being negated by AP of different values. The main topic wasn't PIS.

Back