• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Bunch of Big Boi feats for Dr. Doom-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so to finally end the 2-A discussion (hopefully), here is what the durability stuff should look like (from what I can tell):

Large Island level (Inside the armor, survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing, and Iron Man's Model 29 and Model 42 Armors) to Country level (Doom has survived unconscious and with minor cracks being near an explosion over a part of the moon), up to Galaxy level with Doombots, up to Multiverse Level+ with forcefields (Tanked concentrated blasts from 4 Celestials at once for 28 minutes straight [FF Vol. 1 #14]), preparation, and absorption
What do the rest of you think about this?

Large Island level (Inside the armor, survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing, and Iron Man's Model 29 and Model 42 Armors) to Country level (Doom has survived unconscious and with minor cracks being near an explosion over a part of the moon), up to Galaxy level with Doombots, up to Multiverse Level+ with forcefields (Tanked concentrated blasts from 4 Celestials at once for 28 minutes straight [FF Vol. 1 #14]), preparation, and absorption
Well, I would put it like this

"Large Island level (Inside the armor, survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing, and Iron Man's Model 29 and Model 42 Armors) to Country level (Doom has survived unconscious and with minor cracks being near an explosion over a part of the moon), up to Multiverse level+ with forcefields (Tanked concentrated blasts from 4 [[Celestials|Mad Celestials]] at once for 28 minutes straight [FF Vol. 1 #14]). Doombots, non-standard technology or with preparation reach up to Galaxy level (...) to Multiverse Level+ (...)"

If Doombots can't be summoned at will in any place then the forcefield Doom can simply will to use at any time shouldn't go after it. Kinda weird that base Doom has this 2-A forcefields, I don't disagree with them as they have no contradictions but that "up to" rather than they always being Multiversal+ needs evidence; How do his forcefields vary in durability? If forcefields he used before were weaker then that wouldn't matter as "Doom gets better with magic and tech over time".

Well, I would put it like this

"Large Island level (Inside the armor, survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing, and Iron Man's Model 29 and Model 42 Armors) to Country level (Doom has survived unconscious and with minor cracks being near an explosion over a part of the moon), up to Multiverse level+ with forcefields (Tanked concentrated blasts from 4 [[Celestials|Mad Celestials]] at once for 28 minutes straight [FF Vol. 1 #14]). Doombots, non-standard technology or with preparation reach up to Galaxy level (...) to Multiverse Level+ (...)"
Looks good. For his preparation durability, I don't think any explanation is needed, unless you want to say that he scales to his AP.

Although shouldn't his absorption be mentioned in durability?

I mean, on Thor's page, Odinforce Thor is a 2-A with absorption and his durability section also says he's a 2-A with absorption.

Also, Doom's absorption durability would have to be >= his max absorption capabilities otherwise his absorption tech wouldn't be able to withstand absorbing so much energy and thus explode.
If Doombots can't be summoned at will in any place then the forcefield Doom can simply will to use at any time shouldn't go after it. Kinda weird that base Doom has this 2-A forcefields, I don't disagree with them as they have no contradictions but that "up to" rather than they always being Multiversal+ needs evidence; How do his forcefields vary in durability? If forcefields he used before were weaker then that wouldn't matter as "Doom gets better with magic and tech over time".
Come to think of it, in the comics afterwords I don't seem to recall ever seeing any evidence of Doom's forcefields being weaker after this comic.

We see him tank a lot of stuff with them but they haven't been shattered in any comic after this one to the best of my collection.

Huh. How about that.

Ok then, so now that we agree that the Celestials stuff was forcefields, as soon as @Eficiente adds "absorption" to Doom's durability then we can put the revised AP and durability stuff in!

I apologize for trying to push this a bit much but I just want to get this done with.

To me Eficiente's draft version seems good to apply. What do the other staff and knowledgeable members here think?

Aren't his absorption feats preparation only?

I'd post the Low 1-C absorption/prep feat now, but to avoid dragging out the 2-A stuff I'll wait until the 2-A stuff is put in on Doom's profile.

@Eficiente

Would you be willing to apply your accepted revision please? I will unlock the Doctor Doom page for you.

Looks good. For his preparation durability, I don't think any explanation is needed, unless you want to say that he scales to his AP.
Sure.
Although shouldn't his absorption be mentioned in durability?

I mean, on Thor's page, Odinforce Thor is a 2-A with absorption and his durability section also says he's a 2-A with absorption.

Also, Doom's absorption durability would have to be >= his max absorption capabilities otherwise his absorption tech wouldn't be able to withstand absorbing so much energy and thus explode.
I disagree, the ability itself doesn't have that durability, it leads to Doom himself having it. The ability itself can have AP as it is manipulating things at that level on the only purpose of absorbing.

Did I miss anything?

Sure.

I disagree, the ability itself doesn't have that durability, it leads to Doom himself having it. The ability itself can have AP as it is manipulating things at that level on the only purpose of absorbing.

Did I miss anything?
Nothing was missed, and @Antvasima already explained to me why it shouldn't be mentioned.

I think now the 2-A stuff is good to be added!

This feat being from that comic doesn't make any sense, we need the real source there. I was applying everything in Doom's profile.
What are you even talking about? That is exactly where the source is from.

And what exactly do you mean that you were "applying every thing in Doom's profile"?

Eh, that's not what it and the comic say, Doom doing that is somewhere in between the start of those 27 minutes, not the start itself of them.
And what exactly do you mean that you were "applying every thing in Doom's profile"?
What I drafted here.

Eh, that's not what it and the comic say, Doom doing that is somewhere in between the start of those 27 minutes, not the start itself of them.
Well its clear from the comic that a good portion of those 27 minutes was Doom holding them off to give the heroes the time they need. Which still makes it a much better durability than the amped Destroyer Armor that "fought" the Celestials.
What I drafted here.
I checked Doom's page and nothing has been applied yet.

Are you willing to properly handle this Eficiente?

I still have a tab with the changes yet to be applied because of that 1 thing.

And now I'm kinda unsure of the feat; Doom only took their attacks for a few minutes, it was clear for others & Doom himself that he would die, the Celestials seem to be going easy on him given that they give him the chance to move aside and live & how they attacked him, with at least 2 attacking with only 1 eye beam alone, and after his shield was down they didn't even finish him off. I don't think the feat should be valid.

it was clear for others & Doom himself that he would die
Doom said that he was confident that he wouldn't die, although this is Doom we're talking about
, the Celestials seem to be going easy on him given that they give him the chance to move aside and live & how they attacked him, with at least 2 attacking with only 1 eye beam alone,
I wouldn't say going easy as much as I'd say "not view him as a threat"
and after his shield was down they didn't even finish him off.
It's unclear what they did after the shields fell, all we know is that Doom ended up in that alternate universe with 2 Infinity Gauntlets.

So yeah, I agree, remove that feat.

Once the 2-A stuff is uploaded for Doom, I can finally post the Low 1-C absorption/prep feat.

Being said to be the fifth dimension alone isn't the same as it being Low 1-C, the tier is wrong. It needs to view the 4th dimension as nothing next to it or be infinite times more complex, here just just get that light and gravity are vibrations from the fifth dimension as its only worldbuilding, and that Celestials maybe house themselves there (which is meaningless).

Being said to be the fifth dimension alone isn't the same as it being Low 1-C, the tier is wrong. It needs to view the 4th dimension as nothing next to it or be infinite times more complex, here just just get that light and gravity are vibrations from the fifth dimension as its only worldbuilding, and that Celestials maybe house themselves there (which is meaningless).
I mean, they mention "higher dimensions".

Let's see what @Antvasima and the others think about Hyperstorm.

If this gets rejected I won't shed any tears but the feat itself seems solid IMO so it's worth a shot.

I am not well-informed about Hyperstorm. Does somebody have further information about the scale of his power?

I just saw that Hyperstorm is a Low 1-C on his Vs battles page, I had no part in whatever discussions led up to him being that tier.

As this is the only thing left, maybe this thread should be closed and a new one should ask context for that and how Doom's machine scales to it?

As this is the only thing left, maybe this thread should be closed and a new one should ask context for that and how Doom's machine scales to it?
Actually, I just double checked and I don't think the feat is valid, since Hyperstorm quickly broke free of Doom and took his power back and revealed that he'd set up the whole thing (such as providing the equipment for Doom to use) and played Doom for a fool.

The feat isn't valid, so I think this thread can be closed.

Thank you for all your help, Efi.

Okay. I will close this thread then. Thank you to Eficiente and everybody else who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back