• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B+Tournament Round 2, Match 1 (Nia Teppelin vs Sarasvati) (7/0/0)

Looking at the profiles, this can lead to an interesting matchup

On Nia's side, she has superior intelligence due to her being controlled by the Anti-Spiral, which in turn also prevents potential emotions from getting in the way of the fight, making her very stable. Regen Negation will be useful if some of her bullets hit Sarasvati, she's got Teleportation (more detail on how it works is appreciated), and some form of BFR (details on that, please). From what I understand, when she's hit and takes damage, she released particles that deconstruct? How potent is it? What reach does it have? How is it used exactly? And depending on what the summons are, or how in-character it is, those could help. One weakness I see is that her durability isn't as high as her AP.

On Sarasvati's side, she has a x3 AP advantage, far more combat experience, greater agility and maneuverability, danmaku in the form of a rain of needles, greater range with danmaku and Hachiren, teleprotation of her own and substitution, spammable attacks in the form of Tsubame Gaeshi, a potential match-ender with Ryuubi Gaeshi if it succeeds. Acupuncture and Stat Reduction is a nice bonus, and while not as smart, is very intelligent in her own right.

Both have a lot of stamina, both can fly, both have martial arts, both have enhanced senses.

Not leaning towards anyone yet. I'll wait for more details on Nia's powers for now.

Nia is actually like super outdated rn, but her combat intelligence should be comparable to Antispiral and EoS Simon who technically has infinite combat experience via merging with his innumerable appearances throughout an infinite multiverse. Her teleportation is practically instantaneous, as shown in episode 18 being able to teleport somewhere else, in the middle of a conversation with Simon, which took him a bit of time to realize. She could also teleport to Antispiral's universe if she wanted to. Her deconstruction is like the Mugann, which after deconstructing, was able to ruin several buildings within its vicinity. Also her durability should be as high as her AP, again its very outdated, as I have found many pieces of info that isn't touched upon. She also has High-Low regeneration via being able to regenerate the damage Antispiral inflicted upon her, which are many holes around her body. She also has Supernatural Willpower, being able to keep holding onto herself while this was happening to her. Also, I'm not sure why BFR is there, it shouldn't be. And finally, the definitive ability of her verse; Reactive Evolution. This is used in the midst of combat, and becomes more potent the more she fights

Thanks for the clarifications. Could you post a clip of that deconstruction? A visualisation of it would help.

Also worth mentioning that since Nia is smaller than the Mugann, the damage should be less than what the Mugann have shown, but the range and the sheer amount of fragments there would be, is impressive nonetheless

So you mean that when Mugann and Nina get damaged, it's the damaged part of the body that is deconstructed and turned into cubes? And not the opponent who damaged them?

Sarasvati usually starts with swordsmanship, combined with martial arts, acrobatics and teleportation. Spamming lots of Tsubame Gaeshi and a few Hachiren is common for her. Flight, more Hachiren and danmaku would happen a little later, depending on how the fight goes. Ryuubi Gaeshi would happen later in the fight, but if it succeeds, it's an almost-guaranteed win. Stat reduction usually happens when sword attacks or martial arts hit the opponent.
Sarasvati has shown she can take a beating from opponents stronger than her and still move and fight. And she's both skilled and smart enough to understand and analyze her opponents' strength. Nina's reactive evolution is a big boon for her, but I don't think it's something Saras should fear much, unless it starts surpassing her own strength.

What does Nina start with in her messenger form, and how does she fight?

So is Nia’s very potent Reactive Evolution being ignored? Her ability to become better literally can become better as the willpower of the user increases, their Spiral Power increases as well, therefore their RE also becomes more potent as I’ve mentioned before. A 3 times difference in strength could easily be closed in a short amount of time

bump
So is Nia’s very potent Reactive Evolution being ignored? Her ability to become better literally can become better as the willpower of the user increases, their Spiral Power increases as well, therefore their RE also becomes more potent as I’ve mentioned before. A 3 times difference in strength could easily be closed in a short amount of time
should the votes be removed then?

I’m not sure, what do you think? The votes are literally just “higher AP gg” with seemingly no consideration for Nia’s very potent Reactive Evolution being able to close the gap
yeah, It doesn't really seem like the best reasoning.

Removing votes because you don't agree with the reasoning isn't cool to do. Bluudy and I both made arguments and presented what each fighter starts with. Beyond that, it's the people's choice which they lean towards.

Concerning Nia's RE and what was presented, I do believe Nia will eventually catch up and maybe surpass Saras's AP, but you also said it will take a few minutes for that to be accomplished.
Saras has fought against opponents stronger than her, and who also had teleportation and instinctive reactions. To reach her position of her clan, she's had to fight her way through, against other martial artists, danmaku users, and teleporters, as well. Saras's stat reduction can also help counteract Nia's RE.
I believe Saras has enough of an AP, agility, sword techniques, and range to have the upper hand, for enough time before Nia's RE becomes too much to handle.

Removing votes because you don't agree with the reasoning isn't cool to do. Bluudy and I both made arguments and presented what each fighter starts with. Beyond that, it's the people's choice which they lean towards.
I’m sorry if removing the votes made people mad. Should I add them back?

In Versus Thread Rules
Regarding verdicts:
  • The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments, rather than one word/one sentence votes, which will be disregarded.

Votes as shown above can be disregarded (with the exception of “FRA” type votes)

Nia’s Reactive Evolution does become better though, meaning the rate at which she grows becomes greater
I'm not denying that Nia's RE will make her close the gap between her and Saras more and more, as time goes on. And I do believe that, evetually, she will become too strong for Saras to handle. However, I also think that Saras has enough tools, skills, smarts, initial AP advantage, and experience against opponents with similar abilities, to defeat Nia before that happens.

So how can she bypass High-Low Regeneration? Also RE does include Adaptation not just RPL, so as time goes on she could handle Sarasvati better. Nia herself is insanely skilled, so she can keep up in this regard

Every member of the vampire-ninja race has Mid-Low to High-Low regeneration, and Sarasvati is among its strongest members. However, she's had to fight her way into that position, not helped by the fact the race was in a civil war for many years. So, it's more a case of Sarasvati being very much used to fighting opponents with regeneration of that level, and coming on top.
In fact, Sarasvati is stated to be at least x2 stronger than her subordinate Seraphim, who is quite strong and skilled in her own right, and defeated her handily in a short time.
Seraphim may not have RE like Nia, and Nia's RE will eventually reduce and close the gap, but considering Sarasvati defeated Seraphim easily with a x2 AP gap, I don't find it hard to believe Sarasvati can beat someone with a x3 AP difference. Again, I know the x3 AP gap will progressively close, and I agree that, with enough time, it will straight up close. However, Sarasvati has experience fighting opponents with the rest of Nia's toolkit, be it teleportation, danmaku, energy projection, or instinctive reaction.

Is she good without regeneration? Because Nia's Regeneration Negation is Mid-Low, so she could take that out Sarasvati's arsenal. And how will she fare against Nia's Martial Arts skills?

I don't know the level of Nia's martial skill, but Sarasvati's is very high, just as good as her swordsmanship. Same deal with her experience against teleportation, danmaku, etc. Everyone in the race is a martial artist, and Saras stands at the top.
Sarasvati losing her regeneration is troublesome, but I don't think is too much of a dealbreaker. She doesn't rely much on it, instead serving more to complement the rest of her toolkit. She mainly uses agility, acrobatics, teleportation, substitution, etc. anyways. She can take a beating and keep fighting if need be, as well

Nia, as the messenger of Antispiral, who could keep up with Simon, should have skill comparable to Post-Multiverse Labyrinth Simon, who merged with every possible version of himself in an infinite multiverse, to which there are infinite possibilities, and should at least increase every one of his already existing skills to an infinite level

I'm not sure I fully understand the scaling of that, though it does sound impressive.

This is getting long, so I'm posting links of LN scenes and anime clips that I hope can help understand/visualize some of Sarasvati's toolkit. Keep in mind those scenes feature Seraphim, the weaker subordinate of Sarasvati, so Saras can perform all these better.

• Combat: Here, here, here, here, and here, with swordsmanship, teleportation, substitution, flight, acrobatics, and Hachiren
  • Danmaku: Here and here.
  • Ryuubi Gaeshi: Here.

Tl;dr

Long story short, it all comes down to if Sarasvati can defeat Nia before Nia's Reactive Evolution propels Nia to enough power that Sarasvati cannot handle anymore.
At the start, there's x3 AP gap is Sarasvati's favor, but it will be reduced as the fight goes on. For the RE to reach such a level, a few minutes are needed. The RE will both progressively reduce the AP gap and also help Nia handle Sarasvati's attacks better.

Nia seems to have more intelligence and likely better martial arts. Her energy projection can negate most of Sarasvati's regen it they hit. Nia is backed-up by some very strong entity controlling her, so her combat skills are hightened. When Nia is damaged, she "self-deconstructs", and that body area turns into many cube-shaped particles in a danmaku-like thing, where each cube creates an explosion upon contact. The cubes are rather slow, though. The BFR listed on Nia's page is incorrect, and shouldn't be taken into consideration. However, Nia does have Instinctive Reactions.

Sarasvati has more agility and maneuverability options at her disposal (teleport, substitution, acrobatics), has impeccable swordsmanship, has a needle-rain-like danmaku, and seems to out-range Nia with Hachiren and danmaku. Statistics reduction is applied with melee sword attacks, martial arts and Hachiren, thanks to her Acupuncture. Ryuubi Gaeshi is her strongest single attack and could likely deal massive damage to Nia, but it isn't spammable and she won't start with it. Sarasvati has lots of experience fighting opponents with most of Nia's toolkit (energy attacks, teleport, danmaku, regen, instinctive reaction), except RE. Sarasvati has experience fighting opponents stronger than her, doesn't rely too much on her regeneration and can keep fighting after taking a beating; this translates to Saras likely being able to still keep up with Nia when her RE reaches equal and a bit higher AP, though not too much higher, and Nia's regen negation won't affect Saras too much, though it's definitely not good news for her.

Both have flight, teleport, are skilled martial artists, have lots of combat experience and both are smart fighters.

Nia starts with martial arts and energy attacks.
Sarasvati starts with swordsmanship, combined with her agility options, and the spammable Tsubame Gaeshi.

I hope I have summarised everything.

tl;dr of the tl;dr: This is a race against time. If Sarasvati defeats or incapacitates Nia enough before Nia's RE becomes too much, she wins. Otherwise, Nia wins.

I feel like Sarasvati would eventually realize that Nia gets stronger the longer she fights and may resort to finishing the job. So I think Sarasvati wins mid-high diff

Back