• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sarasvati is stronger in almost every way. The only advantage Rarity has is a slight AP advantage and diamond shields that might help, but Sarasvati just has way more combat experience, danmaku, mid-low to high-low regen, flight, stat reduction, and higher stamina.

Sarasvati is stronger in almost every way. The only advantage Rarity has is a slight AP advantage and diamond shields that might help, but Sarasvati just has way more combat experience, danmaku, mid-low to high-low regen, flight, stat reduction, and higher stamina.
Vague as shit.

To everyone else: Please do not try and call me here. I really don't like being asked to participate in versus threads, and I'm 80% sure I've said something similar at least once or twice before. If I'm interested I'm interested. If I don't respond that's generally a sign I want nothing to do with the thread.

Last edited:
If lightbuster doesn’t feel like giving his verdict, then I’ll give mine. Rarity has magic diamond shields that can shield in front of you or around you which could help against Danmaku. And those shields could be used as a projectile and she can summon smaller shields and use them as danmaku-like projectiles. As for who would win, not sure how Sarasvati’s stat reduction works and she does have regen but it’s not the most overpowered. And rarity has an AP advantage So for now I say Rarity takes this. (Not sure if I’m allowed to analyze my own matches lol)

To help give context to Sarasvati's abilities, her Stat Reduction is applied via either her acupuncture or precise martial arts strikes; it affects speed, blood flow and strength, and the effect is temporary for several minutes, depending of how well the opponent can resist that. Her water manipulation includes creating water, not just controlling it, but she can only summon water in amounts enough to create weapons or prepare her danmaku (her water is also used to quickly switch between danmaku and weapons). She's mainly a close-ranged fighter with swords, and uses her flight, acrobatics and teleportation to maneuver around the battlefield. Her danmaku is often used as a means to combo into swordsmanship or to fight speedy opponents. Finally, she can make her body somewhat intangible, spongeing the damage she takes from attacks.

She's mainly a close-ranged fighter with swords, and uses her flight, acrobatics and teleportation to maneuver around the battlefield. Her danmaku is often used as a means to combo into swordsmanship or to fight speedy opponents. Finally, she can make her body somewhat intangible, spongeing the damage she takes from attacks.
Something like a video would be preferable for this stuff. It's still vague for my tastes. What is "somewhat intangible" or "danmaku" (I know what the term means, I'm talking about how much of it there is). How does partial intangibility work? How often does she use these abilities? Is she aggressive with them? Does she spam them? Are there actually videos where I can see them in action? I'm really not getting a bead on her abilities from any of this stuff.

"I thought you weren't interested"

Yes, well now that I've been repeatedly asked to participate, I feel a difficult-to-control-urge to oblige. Difficult for me to say no, which is why I prefer letting my silence say it for me. Course now I feel pressured to outright participate, so here I am.

Last edited:
Okay, so I spent over an hour looking over the translated light novel volumes. First off, apologies, because I was unable to find showcase of the intangibility. There had to have been a reason I added the ability to her profile when I created it, but I can't find anything, so let's void it; I also removed the power from her profile.
Secondly, for her danmaku, I found these examples (1) (2) where she uses it in the Light Novel (the anime doesn't have those scenes). It's like a rain, but every drop is a blade-sharp needle.
Substitution works the same as in Naruto for example, with the logs.
In combat, she primarily uses Tsubame Gaeshi, which she can spam. The Hachiren version is a finisher move of sorts. The danmaku is primarily used continuously over a few seconds, instead of spamming it, because activating it uses a lot of energy. Ryuubi Gaeshi is a feint move she can use easily.

It also hit him near instantly, anywhere from 0.19 seconds to 0.24 seconds. The former is for when the attack hit him, and the latter is that + the amount of time it took to restrain him with the shield.

She's also shown the capacity to make omnidirectional shields, so danmaku isn't much good. Also, why the heck is Seraphim wall level when she's twice as strong as someone halfway to Small Building level? Also, what's Tsubame Gaeshi?

She's also shown the capacity to make omnidirectional shields, so danmaku isn't much good. Also, why the heck is Seraphim wall level when she's twice as strong as someone halfway to Small Building level?
I addressed this in my first post.
It doesn't make mathematical sense, so I just assumed baseline Wall Level+
Preferably, a revision or calculation should be made.

I addressed this in my first post.
It doesn't make mathematical sense, so I just assumed baseline Wall Level+
Preferably, a revision or calculation should be made.
My bad, rushed through most of the thread for reasons I already said, so I probably missed it.

Alright, since this was bugging me, and also to get an answer to this match-up, this whole discussion prompted me to try and find a feat that could be calced for the lower-tier stuff of the verse.
I found a feat that happens early in the anime (from a scene adapted from the light novel and that doesn't contradict it) and made calcs for it. I just submitted the calc to an active calc member I've worked with before, and am currently waiting for an evaluation. It shouldn't take long.
If accepted, the feat in question will help scale the rest of the main cast, including Sarasvati, as the result is in the realm of this tournament's AP.
I ended up spending the whole evening on this, so I'm dead tired. I'll see tomorrow how things evolved.

Alright, the calc was approved. We can now scale things. For the context of this match, we have:

Sarasvati x2> Seraphim ≈ Ayumu 600% > Ayumu 250% (Seraphim tanked and was unscathed from a 250% attack) > Ayumu 120% = 4.26 Megajoules

This puts Sarasvati, at the absolute lowest ball, at 8.52 Megajoules, certainly higher

We cannot comfortably say that Ayumu's % of power are multiplicative of one another.
However, we can take a moment to make a hypothesis.
Let's assume that Ayumu at 600% is x2 stronger than him at 120%, which I don't think is a stretch to imagine. If so, for 600% we have him at 8.52 MJ.
If we double that for Sarasvati, then we obtain 17.05 MJ.

Considering Seraphim came out unscathed from Ayumu's 250% attack, stronger than the 4.26 MJ one, and that she can fight on par with him at 600%, and Sarasvati is twice as strong as that, I think 17MJ logically makes more sense for her.

Bump
Considering Seraphim came out unscathed from Ayumu's 250% attack, stronger than the 4.26 MJ one, and that she can fight on par with him at 600%, and Sarasvati is twice as strong as that, I think 17MJ logically makes more sense for her.
So she’s 17 megajoules then. Right?

Looking at the two profiles, Rarity's main advantage comes from the diamond shields that can block attacks. Depending on how her sound manip, maybe it could be useful?
On her end, Sarasvati has flight, acrobatics and teleportation to quickly maneuver around the battlefield, danmaku, more stamina, more combat experience, more intelligence, can fight just as well in close-range, mid-range or long-range, and has a good variety of sword techniques. Rarity seems to be limited to ranged attacks shot in front of her either through energy or throwing shields.
If Rarity traps Sarasvati, she can teleport away easily, and using omnidirectional shields won't be much more than postpone getting sliced by Sarasvati. Considering Rarity doesn't seem to have much combat experience, Ryuubi Gaeshi is likely to trick her. And that's not counting either version of Tsubame Gaeshi which she can spam.

I think Sarasvati has enough to bypass and defeat Rarity.
My vote for Sarasvati

Looking at the two profiles, Rarity's main advantage comes from the diamond shields that can block attacks. Depending on how her sound manip, maybe it could be useful?
I don't even remember her using it in her base key. She'd have to be singing to trigger the power iirc. Not very battlefield practical.
On her end, Sarasvati has flight, acrobatics and teleportation to quickly maneuver around the battlefield, danmaku, more stamina, more combat experience, more intelligence,
Everything in this is too vague to mean anything, and the bolded is just plain generic. "More intelligent" "Better experience". Said by literally every other battleboarder on this site. It's worthless by itself.
can fight just as well in close-range, mid-range or long-range, and has a good variety of sword techniques.
None of this means anything if she can't get past the shields.
Rarity seems to be limited to ranged attacks shot in front of her either through energy or throwing shields.
She's also generated an energy whip from several meters away. No calc, but it's not at close range by any means.

Wait a minute, it says her teleportation is substitution. What exactly is substitution going to do when her arms are already restrained? Substitution isn't saving you if you're already dead or injured, and the same logic applies to being restrained. You still need to move and swap your body with something else.
If Rarity traps Sarasvati, she can teleport away easily,
Unless her teleportation somehow gets rid of the restraints that's not helping.
and using omnidirectional shields won't be much more than postpone getting sliced by Sarasvati.
Not postponing. Making it completely impossible. The shields can tank attacks far higher than base Rarities AP. If Rarity doesn't outright beat via restraints, she at least forces a wincon via hiding behind them.
Considering Rarity doesn't seem to have much combat experience, Ryuubi Gaeshi is likely to trick her.
Trick her how? Again people argue for vague shit. Elaborate man, it's annoying watching everyone argue like this all the time
And that's not counting either version of Tsubame Gaeshi which she can spam.
You can spam bullets against the planet, that doesn't mean they'll smash it to pieces any time soon.

Last edited:

Here's a video on the range. Again, the range isn't calculated, but Rarity shunted Applejack all the way to the lake from the middle of the campground. Moght be her best range yet.

Everything in this is too vague to mean anything, and the bolded is just plain generic. "More intelligent" "Better experience". Said by literally every other battleboarder on this site. It's worthless by itself.

Not worthless when the profile explains those points. You can find that information by checking her profile. It clearly states she 100+ years old, has been trained in combat since a young age, and is a leader of her clan. She's analytical, can adapt quickly to situations, whether it's related to combat, internal politics or investigation. And Rarity's profile says her intelligence is average and she's only in her teens.

None of this means anything if she can't get past the shields.

If Rarity's only answer is "shields", then it's not much. She can block some attacks, sure, but using it indefinitely would really help her beat Sarasvati. It'll help her stay active for longer, I guess, but it won't actively help her achieve victory. And I was showcasing that Sarasvati can fight effectively regardless of range, meaning she has options. Rarity's are more limited.

Unless her teleportation somehow gets rid of the restraints that's not helping.

Unless she just, you know, disappears from her restraining position and leaves the restraints behind? If you teleport outside of a room, the teleportation won't carry the room with you, only your body. Same deal here, she won't teleport the diamonds alongside her body. That would only be a temporary restraint.

Not postponing. Making it completely impossible. The shields can tank attacks far higher than base Rarities AP. If Rarity doesn't outright beat via restraints, she at least forces a wincon via hiding behind them.

Not sure how hiding behind a safe spot is a wincon, when she's not actively fighting in that state. All she'd be doing is prolonging the fight without actually fighting Sarasvati to win. Also, if those shields are that durable, it should be made apparent on her profile. Can you show how these shields are used visually?

Trick her how? Again people argue for vague shit. Elaborate man, it's annoying watching everyone argue like this so much.

Read her profile and what that move does? Also my previous answer about Sarasvati's experience and intelligence. Since Rarity's has nowhere near as much combat experience and her intelligence is average, it's not hard to imagine Rarity falling for Saras' feint.

You can spam bullets against the planet, that doesn't mean they'll smash it to pieces any time soon.

You can spam throwing diamond shields against the planet, that doesn't mean they'll smash it to pieces any time soon. In the case of Sarasvati, add that it doesn't mean she'll be hit any time soon, as she can teleport or use her flight and acrobatics to get out of the way. Also, also, Tsubame Gaeshi isn't a projectile attack. Again, read her profile

Not worthless when the profile explains those points. You can find that information by checking her profile. It clearly states she 100+ years old, has been trained in combat since a young age, and is a leader of her clan. She's analytical, can adapt quickly to situations, whether it's related to combat, internal politics or investigation. And Rarity's profile says her intelligence is average and she's only in her teens.
That's vague too. None of that explains how she'll use it against Rarity in this specific fight. "Trained since birth". Ok, so she's good at fighting. "She's analytical". Yeah, and so are half of the characters I've seen on or off the wiki, whether they're a dumbass, super-scientist genius, or otherwise. As far as I'm concerned; based on my current knowledge that is, it's vague enough that it's not a viable wincon or even a supportive wincon. This is what I mean when I say something's vague.
If Rarity's only answer is "shields", then it's not much. She can block some attacks, sure, but using it indefinitely would really help her beat Sarasvati. It'll help her stay active for longer, I guess, but it won't actively help her achieve victory. And I was showcasing that Sarasvati can fight effectively regardless of range, meaning she has options. Rarity's are more limited.

Not sure how hiding behind a safe spot is a wincon, when she's not actively fighting in that state. All she'd be doing is prolonging the fight without actually fighting Sarasvati to win. Also, if those shields are that durable, it should be made apparent on her profile.
Poor wording on my end, but I meant Sarasvati doesn't have a wincon if Rarity can just hide behind a shield and tank her every attack.
Can you show how these shields are used visually?
She just waves or slightly moves her hand and they appear. Heck, in the video I showed, she just unclenched her fingers and the shield appeared.
Unless she just, you know, disappears from her restraining position and leaves the restraints behind? If you teleport outside of a room, the teleportation won't carry the room with you, only your body. Same deal here, she won't teleport the diamonds alongside her body. That would only be a temporary restraint.
Edited that part of my comment right as you made yours. It's not actual teleportation from what I've been reading, just swapping her body with something else.
Read her profile and what that move does? Also my previous answer about Sarasvati's experience and intelligence. Since Rarity's has nowhere near as much combat experience and her intelligence is average,
Read the profile, and it didn't seem convincing. Seems kinda situational. Not everyone is going to react that way, if at all, and I don't see any reason why Rarity would be shocked by her opponent showing her back, or try and take advantage of it.
it's not hard to imagine Rarity falling for Saras' feint.
That's it? You think she will? That's even more of a reason to imagine she won't.

Even a genius can still fall for that. Yet again: Its success is more personality-dependent than intelligent-dependent. People of all intelligence types react to things differently. Some might be shocked, others get greedy and attack, and others might not give a shit. It's not something determined by high or low intellect.
it doesn't mean she'll be hit any time soon, as she can teleport or use her flight and acrobatics to get out of the way.
Acrobatics I guess. Teleportation? Again, it's not true teleportation without further explanation.
Also, also, Tsubame Gaeshi isn't a projectile attack. Again, read her profile
A sword slash? Something that needs to get past the shield to work? At least the second version is projectile-based. I also never said the move was even a projectile to begin with. The point being made was that she doesn't have the firepower needed to break it. Bullets were just an analogy.

Last edited:
Saras can use both teleportation (as in, appear and disappear from one spot to another) and substitution.
From Rarity's profile, I only said it's a viable possibility she might fall for the feint. Not being combat experienced goes into that favor. Obviously, not everyone will fall for it, but the ability is there, and nothing proves Rarity won't fall for it or won't get tricked. It's not like her profile goes into detail about her personality, so one can assume that.
I saw from the video how she used her shield. Saras could move behind it or something, or attack from above, or from behind, or use Hachiren for a multi-directional attack, or drain Rarity of her stamina if she just keeps defending. Saras has more offensive options than Rarity has defensive options.

Isn't it easy to imagine how superior combat experience, battle training, analytical skills, and combat intelligence can lead to Saras overcoming the obscacles Rarity throws at her? I really don't think you need a paragraph of analysis detailing every minute detail of Saras' life to get a solid enough idea of how those gaps will play out in battle. And if you say again that it's "too vague", I dunno what to say; I transcribed what we see of Saras in the novel. On your end, please explain how Rarity can get around those aforementioned differences that are explicit enough from the profiles.
Similarly to your complain, nothing on Rarity's profile or your arguments explain or hint at how Rarity could overcome Saras' own skills and advantages. Thus far, most arguments boil down to "shields block attacks" and "personality-reliant".

Again, I think all Rarity can achieve is drag out the fight, since I can't see her getting a solid hit on Saras. Saras' maneuvrability is way above Rarity's, even if she gets trapped, she can escape with her teleportation, and even if she gets hit, she can regenerate damage taken. And she has way enough stamina to stay active for long periods of time, and also fight while wounded.

I haven't seen anything that gives Rarity a win. Your arguments are mainly about what is supposedly not a wincon for Saras, without really providing what wincons Rarity has. Saras can, one way or another, bypass Rarity's arsenal with her own.

Saras can use both teleportation (as in, appear and disappear from one spot to another) and substitution.
If she can teleport teleport, then it should be on the profile. I see no source for such things, and I'm not inclined to go by word of mouth right now.
From Rarity's profile, I only said it's a viable possibility she might fall for the feint.
No you didn't. You straight-up said
Considering Rarity doesn't seem to have much combat experience, Ryuubi Gaeshi is likely to trick her.

it's not hard to imagine Rarity falling for Saras' feint.
Neither of these indicates mere "viable possibility".
Not being combat experienced goes into that favor.
Based on what?
Obviously, not everyone will fall for it, but the ability is there, and nothing proves Rarity won't fall for it or won't get tricked. It's not like her profile goes into detail about her personality, so one can assume that.
And there's equally nothing saying Rarity will fall for it either. If the outcome is uncertain, then you shouldn't be using it as an argument. It's pure speculation at that point.
I saw from the video how she used her shield. Saras could move behind it or something, or attack from above, or from behind, or use Hachiren for a multi-directional attack,
To which Rarity responds with an omnidirectional shield like the last time someone tried an omnidirectional attack on her.
or drain Rarity of her stamina if she just keeps defending. Saras has more offensive options than Rarity has defensive options.
The shields don't use stamina. The only "stamina" limit she has in regards to the shield is the shield's own durability.
Isn't it easy to imagine how superior combat experience, battle training, analytical skills, and combat intelligence can lead to Saras overcoming the obscacles Rarity throws at her?
It's an omnidirectional shield. No amount of tactics will overcome it if you don't have the tools to do so. What is she going to do? Talk Rarity into putting the shield down? Slash at it? She needs a way to bypass the shield, and none of these things; vague analytics, combat training, or intelligence has convinced me they can help her. I haven't been given a satisfactory explanation for how they can overcome the shield, so I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt and side with your logic.
I really don't think you need a paragraph of analysis detailing every minute detail of Saras' life to get a solid enough idea of how those gaps will play out in battle.
You and I both know I never asked for that, but a better explanation than what I was given would be pretty nice. Elaboration is all I asked for, not the girl's whole life story.
Similarly to your complain, nothing on Rarity's profile or your arguments explain or hint at how Rarity could overcome Saras' own skills and advantages. Thus far, most arguments boil down to "shields block attacks"
I never said she would overcome, just force a stalemate. If you think she can do something like out-analyze an omnidirectional force field into submission, or do something else otherwise, then I'm all ears as to how it's gonna happen.
and "personality-reliant".
Who between the two of us was trying to imply Rarity would fall like a sucker for a trick as basic as "turning your back", based on almost nothing but pure intelligence?
I haven't seen anything that gives Rarity a win. Your arguments are mainly about what is supposedly not a wincon for Saras, without really providing what wincons Rarity has. Saras can, one way or another, bypass Rarity's arsenal with her own.
Yes, exactly. If Rarity can take away her wincon via the shield, but can't actually put her down, then that means neither party has a wincon. Hence inconclusive. Unless the definition changed in recent months.

Last edited:
Yeah, I said likely to trick her, not definitely. Because, based on the information I possess on Rarity and the information I posess on Sarasvati, I find it unlikely Saras has no way of succeeding a feint on her. I personally believe Saras is enough of a battle veterant and has enough-polished skills from her century-long training and clan missions, and Rarity not enough experience on the battlefield, to succeed a majority of the time. In battle, difference in experience and skill goes a long way, and the one with less of either, especially both, is more likely to fall for tricks or make mistakes. Even "sucker tricks" can work in the midst of the chaos during a fight; more likely when done by someone trained for decades to masterfully pick up any opening. If you don't believe so, that's fine. I put forth my argument, do what you want with it.

So you're implying Rarity will keep her multidirectional shield forever, once Saras does a danmaku? And, what else? I guess keep trying to trap or hit Saras; which is very unlikely, mind you.
Do abilities in MLP not consume stamina at all, ever? You're implying they are cast effortlessly? I find it hard to believe that.

For the fight itself and tactics, Saras never begins with danmaku. She always starts with sword attacks, combined with her maneuverability options, and her sword techniques. She can move and/or fly and/or teleport around Rarity to quickly strike around her from one side to another. Of course, speed is equal, but the ease and speed Saras can do that at is nothing to scoff at, and not something that can easily be handled on the spot. If Rarity uses the shield to block an attack and then to push Saras away, Saras can move away, fly or teleport and get close again. Amidst the fighting and Rarity's attempts to counter with crystals or block with shields, Saras can continuously move around and strike from another angle, possibly with Hachiren for a multi-attack at close-range, or strike her from one side and create water needles behind her to stab her, or use her martial arts to get even closer and distabilize Rarity, from which she can apply her stst reduction. Not saying Rarity has no chance to react to everything that is thrown at her, but I personally believe Saras is good enough to strike successfully a good % of the time; enough to lean the win in her favor.

Here is a fight in the anime featuring Seraphim, Sarasvati's subordinate. Not her entire arsenal is there, but anything you see Seraphim do, make it stronger, faster and more precise for Saras. Here is the passage of that scene in the novel; replace "leaves" with "water", and "isn't the type to calmly assess the situation" with "is the type to calmly assess the situation". Again, Saras can do those attacks better than Seraphim.

Even "sucker tricks" can work in the midst of the chaos during a fight; more likely when done by someone trained for decades to masterfully pick up any opening. If you don't believe so, that's fine. I put forth my argument, do what you want with it.
Well, now that's a hell of a lot better reasoning for the trick working than Rarity having average intelligence, so I'll give you that at least. Might make another argument later, but for now: How often does she use it?
So you're implying Rarity will keep her multidirectional shield forever, once Saras does a danmaku?
Rarities going to be missing a bit if things are as you say, she's not gonna sit there and let herself keep taking hits when she has an option to negate it. She's not gonna drop the shield so she can get hit again while she has a harder time hitting herself.
And, what else? I guess keep trying to trap or hit Saras; which is very unlikely, mind you.
If she's in a force field, Rarities attacks can't really reach outside of it. They're still projectiles. Hence why I said Rarity didn't have a true wincon in my previous comment.
Do abilities in MLP not consume stamina at all, ever? You're implying they are cast effortlessly? I find it hard to believe that.
Now, this is a tough answer. For the most part, yes. But in the case of human Rarity? On one hand, Rarity was trying to maintain her shields when Gloriosa tried surrounding them with magical vines, she was actively holding her arms up trying to keep the shield intact. This would suggest that for human Rarity specifically, she has to sustain the shield.

On the other hand, once the vines damaged her shields enough, the backlash knocked Rarity backward, and she couldn't keep actively sustaining the shield. Yet in spite of all this, the shield continued to protect her and the Humane 7 and was still strong enough to hold the vines back. Basically, it kept sustaining itself long after Rarity stopped feeding into it.

This is no surprise, as there are many omni-shields and spells in MLP that sustain themselves for hours after being cast, only needing to be recharged every so often to prevent themselves from disappearing. As the shield did not instantly disappear like a common force field when Rarity stopped using her magic, it is most likely the type of shield that can sustain itself for a period of time, before needing a periodic recharge.
For the fight itself and tactics, Saras never begins with danmaku. She always starts with sword attacks, combined with her maneuverability options, and her sword techniques. She can move and/or fly and/or teleport around Rarity to quickly strike around her from one side to another. Of course, speed is equal, but the ease and speed Saras can do that at is nothing to scoff at, and not something that can easily be handled on the spot. If Rarity uses the shield to block an attack and then to push Saras away, Saras can move away, fly or teleport and get close again. Amidst the fighting and Rarity's attempts to counter with crystals or block with shields, Saras can continuously move around and strike from another angle, possibly with Hachiren for a multi-attack at close-range, or strike her from one side and create water needles behind her to stab her, or use her martial arts to get even closer and distabilize Rarity, from which she can apply her stst reduction. Not saying Rarity has no chance to react to everything that is thrown at her, but I personally believe Saras is good enough to strike successfully a good % of the time; enough to lean the win in her favor.
All of this would be much better if I had a visualization. I'm not saying it's wrong, but again, I need a visualization. I think it's easier to be shown than told.
Here is a fight in the anime featuring Seraphim, Sarasvati's subordinate.
I am well aware that you just showed me exactly what I asked for. Trouble is, the video is blocked. Maybe it works for you, idk, but it isn't working for me. Do you have another?

Well, now that's a hell of a lot better reasoning for the trick working than Rarity having average intelligence, so I'll give you that at least. Might make another argument later, but for now: How often does she use it?
It's not a technique meant to be spammed, as it relies on making the opponent falter, even if it's just a moment, usually by making a feint. The kind of move that's usually less effective the more times it's used, if the opponent can understand how it works.
On the other hand, once the vines damaged her shields enough, the backlash knocked Rarity backward, and she couldn't keep actively sustaining the shield. Yet in spite of all this, the shield continued to protect her and the Humane 7 and was still strong enough to hold the vines back. Basically, it kept sustaining itself long after Rarity stopped feeding into it.

This is no surprise, as there are many omni-shields and spells in MLP that sustain themselves for hours after being cast, only needing to be recharged every so often to prevent themselves from disappearing. As the shield did not instantly disappear like a common force field when Rarity stopped using her magic, it is most likely the type of shield that can sustain itself for a period of time, before needing a periodic recharge.
If the shield is damaged enough and human-Rarity is concentrating on it, she is damaged herself, but the shield remains active for X time or until it's fully destroyed with more damage. And damaged shields can be repaired by feeding them energy. The limit lies in human-Rarity's energy pool/stamina to keep feeding the shields. Do I summarize that right?
I am well aware that you just showed me exactly what I asked for. Trouble is, the video is blocked. Maybe it works for you, idk, but it isn't working for me. Do you have another?
Can't find other videos, so I made gifs of the scene. Here, here and here. And here is another novel text link. Hope it can answer your questions, and help you visualize the possibility and the feasability of the hypothetical example scenarios I had written down.

Last edited:
Back