• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Anything-Goes Tournament- Round 3: Jord vs the Necroa Virus

As per this thread here.

A Mystical Force manages to transport our warriors into Central Park, New York. It is time for the next battle in our little tournament, after all. On one side, a warrior specializing in utilizing their Concept for powerful effects, Jord. Their opponent? A measly Virus, capable of infecting and destroying everyone in the world in but a few months, currently piloting a powerful corpse, the Necroa Virus.
Who shall win?

As usual, Tier 9-B. Anything that would make them higher than 9-B isn’t allowed. Complete Standard Battle Assumptions.

Jord: 2?
The Virus: 6

Last edited:
See? Shadow would have done better.

Anyways, the Necroa Zombie releases its virus passively, does not expect to hit her with it (the zombie doesn't even know of the virus' existence, and the virus is mindless), and infection sets in?

Sooo... this is like just a singular zombie, right?
And Jord has better range and speed.... from what I read she probably even has higher AP.
What is preventing her from just shooting the zombie with a god panzerfaust before it comes close enough to do anything and calling it a day?

An explosion upon death that releases the Necroa Virus, that of which can travel through Air, Water, and even simple Mosquitos. Oh, also, Type 2 Immortality means more than just a few gunshots will be needed. (edit: a Panzerfaust is a gun, right?)

The fact that it releases a airborne (among all other spreading ways) virus that can infect tens of millions in a day.

An explosion upon death that releases the Necroa Virus, that of which can travel through Air, Water, and even simple Mosquitos.
Isn't the opponent the zombie though given that it's the zombie key, not the virus one? So... if the zombie is dead she won, no?

Oh, also, Type 2 Immortality means more than just a few gunshots will be needed. (edit: a Panzerfaust is a gun, right?)
A Panzerfaust is a weapon that launches an explosive designed to destroy tanks. Something similar to a rocket launcher.
That thing might just incinerate the virus.

Aaaanyways. Worst case scenario Jord inverts abilities, turning the virus into the best medicine ever, and then just expects for herself to win.

The zombie is a mindless husk with the only reason of existence being to spread the virus. It doesn't have the mental capacity to know that though, for obvious reasons.

I do not believe it could vaporize a 9-B character to the point that cellural sized viruses get completely destroyed.

And she doesn't know about the virus. Likewise, she specifically can only reverse supernatural abilities. And the virus does positive things that would be fatal as reversed like its strengthening of bones and nerves.

And expecting to win doesn't mean she cannot get infected. She doesn't know of the virus, and she'd become stronger through it. She could win the fight but loose in the long run.

The Zombie releases the Virus, which makes those infected into Zombies (honestly that 9-B Key might come from a pack of zombies, I’ll have to check, but for now it’s one zombie). The Virus still is in the Zombie, however, making it kind of like a tag-team or something. But what was that about incinerating a virus? With a Tank-Exploding weapon? Is that even possible?

Also, how in-character is it for Jord to lead with Ability Reversal against a single opponent?

And she doesn't know about the virus. Likewise, she specifically can only reverse supernatural abilities. And the virus does positive things that would be fatal as reversed like its strengthening of bones and nerves.
Where do you get from that she can only invert supernatural abilities? Heck, Owari no Chronicle doesn't even have really supernatural abilities, it just looks like it due to being from a different universe. And I somehow doubt that the reverse would be as fatal as you make it out to be. Edit: Ok, rereading what I wrote on the page I see where you get it from, but as said supernatural isn't quite magic here.

Technically Jord is also not a human and could easily have a completly different biological makeup than one considering that she originates from a universe with different laws of nature and concepts than the human world. So not even sure if the virus actually has any capability to do anything to her, given that it is like trying to infect an elephant with a human virus.

Heck, if Jord kills it from a dozen meters away I have my doubts that enough of the virus could cover the distance to infect her. The profile certainly doesn't mention it having the range to do so.

And expecting to win doesn't mean she cannot get infected. She doesn't know of the virus, and she'd become stronger through it. She could win the fight but loose in the long run.
If she got infected and loose in the long run that would still mean she lost, which isn't possible. Going by precedence the targets won't be able to do anything the moment she expects them to loose.
She can also just expect herself to be cured the instant any kind of symptom sets in, followed by expecting the illness to cease existing.

Assuming that the part about her reversing supernatural abilities is wrong, shed still have to deal with the fact that she reversed insomnia, increased hunger, increased salivation, increased violence, increased muscle mass and bone mass, nerves being kept functional, etc.

And her profile directly states supernatural abilities.

Also, the virus can infect nonhumans. From insects to mammals, it works on just about everything.

The virus can spread across countries without outside help through air. Its the main way to get past borders being closed in islands.

And if she does not instantly reverse it, ahe wont get time to expect to be cured. The virus has an insta-kill switch as soon as it sets in.

Technically Jord is also not a human and could easily have a completly different biological makeup than one considering that she originates from a universe with different laws of nature and concepts than the human world. So not even sure if the virus actually has any capability to do anything to her, given that it is like trying to infect an elephant with a human virus.
Technically, the Virus can, in fact, infect an Elephant. It also has various Reactive Evolutions and the likes to let it shuffle around it’s genetic structure, so it could probably infect Jord easily/eventually.

The profile does state that it can go worldwide in a matter of months, and the Virus is airborne, and can infect thousands within a day in an urban environment.
And Risci is correct. As lethal as the Virus is, it has a lot of very useful effects that would be lethal once reversed. In addition, she wouldn’t know she was infected, since, well, it’s a Virus. What do you expect, her to see it in the air?

Assuming that the part about her reversing supernatural abilities is wrong, shed still have to deal with the fact that she reversed insomnia, increased hunger, increased salivation, increased violence, increased muscle mass and bone mass, nerves being kept functional, etc.

And her profile directly states supernatural abilities.
Yeah, I forgot I wrote it like that. Supernatural doesn't really mean magic here, as I said above. It's just... not normal? It's hard to classify, as it can reverse abilities that follow the laws of nature but doesn't reverse absolutely everything. Just the special stuff one might say.

As for the reversed abilities: If the ability to infect cells is reversed none of that triggers to start with...

The profile does state that it can go worldwide in a matter of months, and the Virus is airborne, and can infect thousands within a day in an urban environment.
And Risci is correct. As lethal as the Virus is, it has a lot of very useful effects that would be lethal once reversed. In addition, she wouldn’t know she was infected, since, well, it’s a Virus. What do you expect, her to see it in the air?
It going worldwide in a matter of month and infecting thousands a day in an urban enviroment doesn't mean it has to spread ultra far distances over air in a free space. Especially with disinfecting heat from a Panzerfaust present. Take the Corona Virus as recent example for one that doesn't fit that thesis. Also consider that since the Panzerfaust will hit the Zombie frontal, the virus will definitely be launched into the opposite direction due to the resulting air current.

I expect her to see some symptoms. The virus has a long list of symptoms and definitely not the intelligence to manage them. The instant Jord gets a fever or a headache she cures herself and that's that.

Yeah but Necroa Virus is not even slightly abnormal in that regard. It is fully scientific, it doesnt rely on any concepts, or anything of the kind. It is a virus that causes a set of biological effecrs, and I wpuld say she'd have no reason to be able to reverse that.

More importantly, she has no idea of its existence, so she wont know to reverse that before the zombie exists and releases the virus through the air.

It has specific immunity to disinfecting heat, and can cross the distance between USA and Greenland wothout the help of any biological organism.

And the virus has many symphtoms, but the Acute Encephalitis is the fastest. Its purpose is to kill humans bfire they can reaxt to invention.

In game, most of the time, you evolve it last so that when everyone is infected, they die before they could even thinkbof making a virus. Here, it is already evolved.

Bro it is a zombie virus, I wouldn’t exactly call it normal and scientific.
It is though. Every ability it has is given through a scientific explaination, and its a strand (several but technicalitites) of a virus.

All of its effects are seen in the real world, just to a lesser extent, and less controlled.

The Virus is far more infective than the Corona Virus. For one, it travels via Blood, Insects, Saliva, Air, Water, and more. It can easily cross viruses and borders in less than a day due to Air Travel, and the Zombies can swim across islands in a manner of days as well. It easily out speeds the Corona Virus, with the ability to infect the entire world. The Virus can also randomly mutate symptoms, and doesn’t need to manage symptoms, because the symptoms just take place. It’s like asking why the Flu increases your body temperature, not because it’s deciding to.

Bro it is a zombie virus, I wouldn’t exactly call it normal and scientific.
its Scientific via Plague Inc.‘s verse. It’s a completely scientific and biological organism, probably even natural somehow. Verse Equalization and all that’s standard too.

It has specific immunity to disinfecting heat, and can cross the distance between USA and Greenland wothout the help of any biological organism.
Without a biological organism doesn't mean without carrier. Like a smear on an airplane or something. And as said it would need the spread against the airflow. I doubt it can do that unless there is proof.

And the virus has many symphtoms, but the Acute Encephalitis is the fastest. Its purpose is to kill humans bfire they can reaxt to invention.
If the virus is remotely as natural as you claim there is no way it can go from no symptoms to death in less than the second (or less) it takes for Jord to neutralize it.

In game, most of the time, you evolve it last so that when everyone is infected, they die before they could even thinkbof making a virus. Here, it is already evolved.
In game the measure of dying before thinking of making a cure is limited to doing science, not magical cure that can happen in less than a second.

and if Jord did see some symptoms she wouldn't instantly know they are from the virus
She doesn't need to. It's not like she needs a plausible cure. She only needs to be aware enough to expect whatever is causing it to cease existing.

No, it means without a carrier. There are specific animations showcasing movment though planes, birds, elements or ships. And them, if you combo the right evolotions, you can just cross borders without.

It isnt in a second. Never claimed it was. But the brain shut down is faster than the other sympthoms appear. She wouldnt know she was about to die before it kicks in. Plus, if the other sympthoms kick in... she is in a coma.

Plus again, Id like some form of proof she could reverse a disease. You said it doesnt affect absolutely everything, I doubt there is anything she reversed in-verse that could be equalized with it, the profile contradicts her being able to reverse it...

And her willing it into not working would mean that she gets to notice it, with its two main symothoms being neural shutdown and coma. Its not an increasingly bad infection starting from insomnia and fever to death. All those are the weaker abilities you develop at the start. Later in game a newly infected's symothoms are death, and then undeath.

If she reverses it after it affecting her, she would also have the problem of evrything good it does being reversed. But again, she wouldnt get to use it.

No, it means without a carrier. There are specific animations showcasing movment though planes, birds, elements or ships. And them, if you combo the right evolotions, you can just cross borders without.
Still doubt it can do it against an air current, since that would mean the virus can move.

It isnt in a second. Never claimed it was. But the brain shut down is faster than the other sympthoms appear. She wouldnt know she was about to die before it kicks in. Plus, if the other sympthoms kick in... she is in a coma.
Dude, there is no way it kills without making the person in question not feel anything before it literally drops dead. Nothing natural K.O.'s that fast. Even something like feeling dizzy 5 seconds beforehand, which couldn't even really be considered a symptom, would suffice here for her to cure it.
Heck, if it infects animals those will be infected much faster and Jord is on earth long enough to put two and two together when seeing a herd of zombies.

DontTalk: Questions the ability of a natural creatures abilities to make someone drop dead​
Me, looking at all the ‘Natural’ creatures in fiction:​
You get the point. It doesn’t matter what Natural things do in fiction. It’s fiction. That’s the point of it. If the Necroa Virus is a Virus, that’s that, it doesn’t matter nothing Natural in the Real World does that.

Plus again, Id like some form of proof she could reverse a disease. You said it doesnt affect absolutely everything, I doubt there is anything she reversed in-verse that could be equalized with it, the profile contradicts her being able to reverse it...
She can reverse someones increased biological durability, with the increase being natural within her own universes laws of nature. I don't see how zombie virus symptoms are more natural than that.

What di you mean "that fast"? Somethinf doenst need ti be fast to kill you without notice. Diseases can soread in yiur system without you even realizing it, and they do, at all times.

And why would animals be affected faster? The most you could argue to die the quikest would be mosquitoes, but mosquitos trying to bite you is not grounds fir assuming you are infected wirh a zombie virus.

DontTalk: Questions the ability of a natural creatures abilities to make someone drop dead​
Me, looking at all the ‘Natural’ creatures in fiction:​
I mean... show me feats of it instantly dropping a human dead without it feeling anything even one second in advance.
It was said that the virus was supposedly mostly realistic.

What di you mean "that fast"? Somethinf doenst need ti be fast to kill you without notice. Diseases can soread in yiur system without you even realizing it, and they do, at all times.
Show me feats. We really don't have to debate it, you need feats to claim so.

And why would animals be affected faster? The most you could argue to die the quikest would be mosquitoes, but mosquitos trying to bite you is not grounds fir assuming you are infected wirh a zombie virus.
Cause they are vastly smaller = easier to kill than supernatural god being. A virus needs to reach a certain concentration to kill stuff.

She can reverse someones increased biological durability, with the increase being natural within her own universes laws of nature. I don't see how zombie virus symptoms are more natural than that.
That is not the same as reflecting the ability of millions of infdvidual, different viruses at once at all. They even have different gene patterns and constantly develop new segmentations to keep from being cured, so you cant argue that they are all the same and affected equally, either.

And I'd like further explaination on how it is biological, too. Flexing is biological too, and that is not comparable to disease.

That is not the same as reflecting the ability of millions of infdvidual, different viruses at once at all. They even have different gene patterns and constantly develop new segmentations to keep from being cured, so you cant argue that they are all the same and affected equally, either.

And I'd like further explaination on how it is biological, too. Flexing is biological too, and that is not comparable to disease.
The numbers really don't matter for a concept and all the viruses share the same fundamental abilities. Gene patterns don't matter as the concept doesn't work based on genes.
The increased durability is as natural as gravity and the speed of light being the specific value it is. Not sure what I should tell you beyond the fact that. It has no specified biological reason this happens, if that's what you mean.

Well them, allow me to ask for scans on that one. Because I personally doubt that ger reversing the flight ability of one person caused all people who fly across the world to get smashed inti the ground.

As for what you asked,
I can show the symothoms' description if you wish. I lack the ability to download an apk, record it and upload it here for video evidence I'n afraid.

Simply put though, it can infect and kill about 10'000 in a day, this being with me giving it full upgrades and starting it off in the USA.

The conceot of infecting people and then killing them before they can recover is the very basics of the Plague Inc. gameplay - literally impossible to complete without even on the easiest if difficulty.

Well them, allow me to ask for scans on that one. Because I personally doubt that ger reversing the flight ability of one person caused all people who fly across the world to get smashed inti the ground.
Not all in the world, but all in range. Range is the limit, not number.

As for what you asked,
I can show the symothoms' description if you wish. I lack the ability to download an apk, record it and upload it here for video evidence I'n afraid.

Simply put though, it can infect and kill about 10'000 in a day, this being with me giving it full upgrades and starting it off in the USA.

The conceot of infecting people and then killing them before they can recover is the very basics of the Plague Inc. gameplay - literally impossible to complete without even on the easiest if difficulty.
Yeah, but you again overestimate what "before they recover" means. Stabbing someone with a knife in the heart kills them before they recover. It doesn't kill a superhumanly fast character faster than it can perform two thoughts, though.

You need feats of the infected going from feeling absolutely nothing to K.O./Dead in a split second here. I doubt even a stroke kills people that fast.

...This us the third time I say this, but I did not claim it will be faster than a second, or a thougth.

She has no possible way of detecting her infection. The only symohtom she'll get to live through is death. That is not instant, but it doesn't have any forewarning beyond that.

Likewise, I have yet to see anything that proofs she reflects the very basic biology of diseases. She doesnt make someone's heart beat backwards, or their ability to see turn to blindness, so I need proof of her affecting something like this to accept it at all.

But again, she'd have no way of knowimg she needs to use this ability.

As a quick note, after a bit of asking, I discovered that, yes, the 9-B Key is only one zombie, not a pack like a thought it may be. So yeah, only one zombie + the disease.

also If Jord kills it, wouldn’t it spread to New York, killing people, and therefore making more zombies to attack Jord?

If Jord manages to somehow avoid all negative effects, yes, everything around her would get infected. Though that is a big if.

Back