• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A Tournament Round 1: Shoggoth vs Stormfront (GRACE)

Jackythejack

They/Them
The first round of the 9-A tournament is here! As with all matches, speed will be equalized, and I will list any other factors as I deem them relevant, but for now, we have a classic monster vs superhero fight!

Also I will say they start ten meters away from each other, just at the entrance of Central Park

Shoggoth (45.75 megajoules):

Stormfront (41.8 megajoules):

bfe46ebefd908c85b72c4fa98fe36d4c6c933a03.jpg
e989a84f8d29a9c54f7a58ae9686f26d.png

Last edited:
What does Stormfront start with? And what is the place of the fight and the initial distance?

Last edited:
The Shoggoth would take advantage of the location to hide in the trees or burrow underground to set up an ambush. Once the surprise attack is made, the Shoggoth would use everything at his disposal (claws, teeth, tail, etc.) to decapitate or dismember his victim. The Shoggoth has the advantage in AP, Durability, Lifting Strength and I'm going to assume Stamina as well since Stormfront has no justification for his superhuman stamina

The Shoggoth can take cover and close the distance by traveling underground
Though is it smart enough to avoid something like that? Looking at the page, it's intelligence is listed as animalistic, so they would likely try to eat her

Though the Shoggoth possesses a few haxes consisting of Memory Manipulation and Corruption, so it could be a big problem for her

I mean one of the main problems I can see is that Stormfront can fly
Yeah, the Shoggoth can use a tree to jump up and try to knock her down, though it would expose him to her attacks. Does Stormfront use her flight very often or does she use it early in a fight?
Though is it smart enough to avoid something like that? Looking at the page, it's intelligence is listed as animalistic, so they would likely try to eat her
Shoggoths aren't just beasts that attack for food. They are used as guardians to defend places or people, they know how to attack in packs and take advantage of their abilities and the environment, and they can be tamed. They attack by burrowing underground or stealthily hiding in the environment

I mean one of the main problems I can see is that Stormfront can fly
Given how the speed is equalized, it could easily catch up to her before that (Edit: nvm, I forgot that speed is equalized)

Though the Shoggoth possesses a few haxes consisting of Memory Manipulation and Corruption, so it could be a big problem for her
Corruption would work if the Shoggoth bites Stormfront and she manages to escape before being dismembered, which takes effect in 5-10 minutes. And Memory Manipulation works if either of them leaves the battle

Well leaving the battle is an automatic loss I'm p sure.

Biting will be hard because she spams range and is capable of flight.

Shoggoths aren't just beasts that attack for food. They are used as guardians to defend places or people, they know how to attack in packs and take advantage of their abilities and the environment, and they can be tamed. They attack by burrowing underground or stealthily hiding in the environment
Interesting, I might check out the show one day, but anyways fair enough

Corruption would work if the Shoggoth bites Stormfront and she manages to escape before being dismembered, which takes effect in 5-10 minutes. And Memory Manipulation works if either of them leaves the battle
Makes sense

Well leaving the battle is an automatic loss I'm p sure.
I think so, but it would also work if Stormfront tries to escape or hide
Biting will be hard because she spams range and is capable of flight.
The Shoggoth can take cover from her attacks by traveling underground and then make a surprise attack. If Stormfront tries to fly, the Shoggoth can jump and knock her down, he will be exposed and will take a lot of damage, though he has an advantage in durability and stamina. Although I would like to know how and how much Stormfront uses her flight in combat

The Shoggoth can take cover from her attacks by traveling underground and then make a surprise attack. If Stormfront tries to fly, the Shoggoth can jump and knock her down, he will be exposed and will take a lot of damage, though he has an advantage in durability and stamina. Although I would like to know how and how much Stormfront uses her flight in combat
She doesn't usually fly when combat

By the way, nothing to do with the fight, but the tag should be "Shoggoth (Lovecraft Country)", since just Shoggoth refers to the monster from the Cthulhu Mythos

I mean, she doesn't exactly have much reason not too, especially when expecting an ambush from an animal digging underground

Electricity and heat kinda ignores that
to an extent. It has to be hot enough, and the Shoggoth already is uneffected by fire, meaning high temperatures aren't too mnuch of an issue.

I mean, she doesn't exactly have much reason not too, especially when expecting an ambush from an animal digging underground
And why would she expect the ambush? The Shoggoth is a silent hunter who knows how to use the environment to his advantage, and she wouldn't know that her enemy can go underground
Electricity and heat kinda ignores that
Stormfront doesn't have Durability Negation or Heat Manipulation on her profile though, and her lightning has an AP of 41.8 MJ

And why would she expect the ambush? The Shoggoth is a silent hunter who knows how to use the environment to his advantage, and she wouldn't know that her enemy can go underground

Stormfront doesn't have Durability Negation or Heat Manipulation on her profile though, and her lightning has an AP of 41.8 MJ
tbf they start tight in front of each other so its perfectly possible she sees him going underground.

Because they start within line of sight with each other and she can see that it'll be hiding?
Electricity by default can have dura negation if it is shown to (which means it has feats of causing paralysis and internal damage). I'm gonna see if I can find something on it

I feel like if i had known that Stormfront had those abilities I wouldn't allow her in tho lol

At the 2:31 mark. Her electricity has a feat of causing paralysis which means if she gets a hit in, she can keep the Shoggoth in place

if her spammable ranged attack causes paralysis on every hit then that's a bit too much dude.

if her spammable ranged attack causes paralysis on every hit then that's a bit too much dude.
It's not something she does all the time. If you see the other parts of the video, it mostly just knocks people back

But against a stealthy creature who can disappear at any moment, she'll very likely use it

Oh so it's like a sustained attack thing.

I mean I guess that's not that bad, then? I think the problem is the lightning isn't going to really negate durability. It'll hurt but he resists heat which'll be a big part of the lightning.

Oh so it's like a sustained attack thing.

I mean I guess that's not that bad, then? I think the problem is the lightning isn't going to really negate durability. It'll hurt but he resists heat which'll be a big part of the lightning.
Eh, she can always just beat it up while stunning it

At the 2:31 mark. Her electricity has a feat of causing paralysis which means if she gets a hit in, she can keep the Shoggoth in place

If that's the case, why doesn't she have that ability in her profile? And how do we know that it is Paralysis Inducement in its entirety and not that her AP is far higher than his? Or how would we know it would have a similar effect on the Shoggoth since he has higher AP, durability and stamina than her, and far higher than the guy she electrocuted? Also, as I said before, the Shoggoth can take cover from her attacks by traveling underground and doing a sneak attack
But against a stealthy creature who can disappear at any moment, she'll very likely use it
Why? Why would her first move be something she only used once in the entire series and that isn't even on her profile? I'm assuming that since you didn't show any other scans

Why? Why would her first move be something she only used once in the entire series and that isn't even on her profile? I'm assuming that since you didn't show any other scans
Because her opponent's first move is to immediately go into hiding and attempt to ambush her from the ground? She does prefer restraining her opponent before attacking and the only way to do that while flying is with her lightning
If that's the case, why doesn't she have that ability in her profile?
Because this is something that can appear in electricity manip and can be determined in a case-by-case basis?
Also, as I said before, the Shoggoth can take cover from her attacks by traveling underground and doing a sneak attack
He still needs to come out and attack a flying opponent from the ground
her AP is far higher than his?
Actually it could be an LS thing since it involves restraint

Because this is something that can appear in electricity manip and can be determined in a case-by-case basis?
if this doesn't happen everytime she uses her electricity manipulation though then you can't say it'd be an absolute certainty. If she's only done it once she's only done it once.

Because her opponent's first move is to immediately go into hiding and attempt to ambush her from the ground? She does prefer restraining her opponent before attacking and the only way to do that while flying is with her lightning
That's a baseless assumption, just because her opponent can go underground her first move would be something she only used once? And she wouldn't know the Shoggoth would go underground to ambush her
And?
Actually it could be an LS thing since it involves restraint
Well, the Shoggoth has higher Lifting Strength than Stormfront so

Back