• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A Tournament Round 1: Shoggoth vs Stormfront (GRACE)

if this doesn't happen everytime she uses her electricity manipulation though then you can't say it'd be an absolute certainty. If she's only done it once she's only done it once.
You're right, it's probably an LS thing. Let's assume that for now for safety reasons

Well, the Shoggoth has higher Lifting Strength than Stormfront
They can both have Class 5 LS
That's a baseless assumption, just because her opponent can go underground her first move would be something she only used once? And she wouldn't know the Shoggoth would go underground to ambush her
She's not stupid enough to just sit around when her opponent is hiding. Of course she'll know that it'll try to ambush her

They can both have Class 5
Stormfront is "Likely Class 5" via ripping heads off, which is 1223.6595 kgf. The Shoggoth is Class 5 via flipping cars, more specifically a 1955 Ford which weighs between 1397 and 1480 kg, and that is without counting the force, plus he can also easily rip off heads and limbs. Therefore the Shoggoth has higher Lifting Strength than Stormfront
She's not stupid enough to just sit around when her opponent is hiding. Of course she'll know that it'll try to ambush her
And when I said that she would just sit around? I said it's an assumption that Stormfront's first move was something she only used once. And why would she think that the Shoggoth is going underground only to ambush her? She can think he is hiding, covering or running away

Stormfront is "Likely Class 5" via ripping heads off, which is 1223.6595 kgf. The Shoggoth is Class 5 via flipping cars, more specifically a 1955 Ford which weighs between 1397 and 1480 kg, and that is without counting the force, plus he can also easily rip off heads and limbs. Therefore the Shoggoth has higher Lifting Strength than Stormfront
1223 and 1480. That's not even 2x
And when I said that she would just sit around? I said it's an assumption that Stormfront's first move was something she only used once. And why would she think that the Shoggoth is going underground only to ambush her? She can think he is hiding, covering or running away
Because at some point it's probably gonna try to attack her again? I mean if I recall, SBA current specifies that both characters need to know that their opponent is gonna keep trying to hurt them

1223 and 1480. That's not even 2x
It's still an advantage, plus Stormfront's Lifting Strength is a likely and Shoggoth's is a lowball
Because at some point it's probably gonna try to attack her again? I mean if I recall, SBA current specifies that both characters need to know that their opponent is gonna keep trying to hurt
Again?
SBA says: "Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences", I guess you're right about that

SBA says: "Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences", I guess you're right about that
Which reminds me, how high can Shoggoth jump? Because if I recall, Stormfront can fly into the tops of multi-story buildings
It's still an advantage, plus Stormfront's Lifting Strength is a likely and Shoggoth's is a lowball
You said 1397 to 1480. I picked the higher end on your choice

Which reminds me, how high can Shoggoth jump? Because if I recall, Stormfront can fly into the tops of multi-story buildings
The Shoggoth can climb trees and easily jump from one to another. If Stormfront can fly that high then it would clearly be impossible for the Shoggoth to reach her, which is why I was asking how and how much she uses her flight in combat. Although I suppose that since she is in the air the Shoggoth wouldn't be able to detect her while he is underground and he wouldn't come out of the ground
You said 1397 to 1480. I picked the higher end on your choice
I meant that it was a lowball because the Shoggoth performed those feats very easily, and with the car I was only taking into account the mass and not the force when he flipped it

Shoggoth's lifting strength was upgraded to Class 25 after calculating his feat, so now he is 11 times stronger than Stormfront

Nothing, I just calculated the feat of the Shoggoth where he flips a car that gave Class 25 results and the calc was accepted
OK that sucks

On the bright side, she does still outrange it and if it starts moving past her electricity, there's a good chance she'll avoid getting close to it as it would mean it's stronger than her

Are we sure Stormfront's first move would be fly? I saw all her fights and she only used it once in combat to run away

Are we sure Stormfront's first move would be fly? I saw all her fights and she only used it once in combat to run away
I did say this is a result of Shoggoth just burrowing immediately. She would just fight it on the ground if only it stayed there

True I forgot that, then the Shoggoth would go underground or attack her directly
Well then my point still stands, she'll probably fly to avoid the Shoggoth if it goes underground

Another thing to note is if she notices it just walking through her lightning. There's a good chance that if she notices that the thing is way stronger than her, there's a good chance she'll actually try to keep her distance as she's never fought off someone physically stronger than her

If the Shoggoth attacks her directly I don't think she'll have time to realize that her electricity doesn't do much damage to him before the Shoggoth reaches her. That's because, since the speed is equalized and Stormfront has superhuman speed (12.43 - 34.3 m/s), the Shoggoth would take less than a second to cover the initial distance of 10 meters

If the Shoggoth attacks her directly I don't think she'll have time to realize that her electricity doesn't do much damage to him before the Shoggoth reaches her. That's because, since the speed is equalized and Stormfront has superhuman speed (12.43 - 34.3 m/s), the Shoggoth would take less than a second to cover the initial distance of 10 meters
Then we come to the issue of which one does it do? Will it go underground or try to attack directly? Because this does lead to vastly different outcomes

Also, can't she just like, dodge if it attacks directly?

since the speed is equalized and Stormfront has superhuman speed (12.43 - 34.3 m/s), the Shoggoth would take less than a second to cover the initial distance of 10 meters
Would that be enough to blitz though?

Then we come to the issue of which one does it do? Will it go underground or try to attack directly? Because this does lead to vastly different outcomes
Since they start facing each other, the Shoggoth will most likely attack her directly, since he usually goes underground to make surprise attacks or run away. I hadn't noticed the initial distance before sorry for making a mess
Also, can't she just like, dodge if it attacks directly?
I guess so, but it will be a bit difficult for her to try to dodge all the attacks since the Shoggoth has a lot at his disposal: two legs, two arms and two extra arms with very sharp claws, a lot of teeth and a tail, as well as having an advantage in lifting strength so he could knock her down

I meam I think if her opponent digs itself into the ground then that may reach grounds for "prompted"

I vote for the Shoggoth because his advantages in dura and stamina will allow him to close the distance with Stormfront, who doesn't usually use her flight in combat, and in combat he has many options (6 clawed limbs, a lot of teeth and a tail) and advantages in AP and lifting strength to dismember his prey. And if she manages to fly before dying, she would end up becoming into another Shoggoth due to corruption

Back