• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 10 (Ermes Costello vs Lux Arcadia)

15 minutes of invincibility gg

Pretty much a hard stomp, even if Lux had zero other abilities, Ermes has to not take a single hit for 15 minutes since nothing they do can get past the forcefield.

1. It's not 15 minutes of invincibility, the forcefield can break.

2. Ermes can, you know, try to hit. The forcefield can protect him, but I'm not sure if it would block attacks from a non-physical entity.

The forcefield breaks, and will come back instantly. So... yea, no.

JoJo Stands are a bit odd. Yes, they're kinda nonphysical, but in just about every scenario they interact with real world objects normally. Ermes has never used intangibility in particular, iirc.

It breaks apart, I suppose.

Then comes back.

Is it? I wouldn't know. It's kinda hard finding good pics for the guy. My second choice would have been this.

Yes, that pic is a massive spoiler, it's like using a pic of Naruto as Hokage.

Anyways yea Ermes kinda loses. If the forcefields weren't enough, he apparently amps to blitz someone 10x faster before they can think. Which maybe wouldn't DQ him on it's own, but eh.

Definitely a stomp. Same as the match before Ermes, also a stomp.

Ionliosite said:
It's just 1 attack that is far faster, it's not even a real speed amp unlike Gazef.
When you hear the hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. Even if it's not a real 'stat amp' it kinda is. (Or it gets cucked under Speed Equal, I guess?)

It doesn't really matter what it's called: the effect is, it blitzes the thought speed of someone x10 faster normally.

Edit:

So Ion told me that melee attacks bypass the barrier.

I'll need more details but... Yea that's decently important.

Ionliosite said:
I didn't say melee attacks, I said attacks at point blank range.
Ionliosite, for the love of god can you actually explain what you mean since you're just spewing the most barebones, limited descriptions and it feels like I have to force choke the information out of you.

Ionliosite said:
Yes, she can. And why do you say "em"? She's fighting a single person.
Ermes punches.

Shield comes back.

Ermes gets bisected.

Could you provide an argument for a singular way Ermes has around the forcefield?

Ionliosite said:
... Using attacks from a non-physical entity the forcefields can't block?
I literally just described why that doesn't work at all.

JoJo stands very, very rarely show intangibility abuse in combat proper. Jotaro used it a few times, but that's about it. They pick up and interact with normal objects like normal people.

I literally just described why that doesn't work at all.

JoJo stands very, very rarely show intangibility abuse in combat proper. Jotaro used it a few times, but that's about it. They pick up and interact with normal objects like normal people.

They still are intangible though. They wouldn't necessarily abuse it since everything they fight is a stand user also, meaning that it being abused is expected and therefore likely not useful. Can Lux even see Kiss? Also why wouldn't stands want to pick up and use objects in many circumstances? That isn't enough to prove that they can't be intangible.

Lux can't see Kiss, but he should be able to sense it with his ESP. And even then, the forcefields won't work on something like that.

They can be intangible! In fact, Jotaro has used it as such a few times.

But then, compare it to literally every other use of Stands in the series. Such as Ermes.

Zero feats of using it to, say, bypass physical barriers.

So... Hard stomp.

Moritzva, I'm seriously disturbed by your apperent lack of understanding of the barriers despite I've been constantly explaining them to you since yesterday.

And the attacks don't even need to be intangible to bypass the barrier, otherwise no one in-verse would ever bypass them.

Were there any moments in which she would benefit from using it to bypass barriers. I doubt Ermes is stupid enough not to just move her stand through a wall when she could. How quickly does the Forcefield Regen actually.

Ionliosite said:
Moritzva, I'm seriously disturbed by your apperent lack of understanding of the barriers despite I've been constantly explaining them to you since yesterday.
And the attacks don't even need to be intangible to bypass the barrier, otherwise no one in-verse would ever bypass them.
Ionliosite, I don't understand them because you've been utterly nonhelpful and blatantly contradictory of your own, insanely limited statements, offering the most barebones information that doesn't at all answer any of my questions. To be frank, I don't want to hear anything about 'understanding' because it has taken us an entire day for you to mention a critical, glaring weakness because you've been utterly ignorant and negligent in explaining any and all factors in this ability, leaving out key factors only to bring them up later down the line, followed by acting surprised when I didn't know. I hate that when debating, as it's misleading and condescending towards me and intentionally misconstrues any debate with utter falsehoods.

So, if you want to 'feel disturbed' then you can start by actually explaining the ability, here and now, in a sentence that contains more than 10 words. Thanks.

00potato said:
Were there any moments in which she would benefit from using it to bypass barriers. I doubt Ermes is stupid enough not to just move her stand through a wall when she could. How quickly does the Forcefield Regen actually.
Jotaro stopped his own heart with his Stand, so we could argue that he shouldn't be stupid enough to not grab DIO's brain or something. But he doesn't. And this is from a character who has actually used it before, where Ermes hasn't at all.

Also, instantly.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Alright, i just ignore this petty shit.
Can Lux see the stand?
It seems so. And even if he couldn't, he'd figure it out and speedblitz the guy behind him via blitzing x10 thought speed.

It seems so from what? His extrasensory perception isn't exactly that detailed, and I really doubt it's enough to percieve stands.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It seems so from what? His extrasensory perception isn't exactly that detailed, and I really doubt it's enough to percieve stands.
I'd ask Ion. I did tell him he should probably update the profile, as it wasn't exactly detailed on instantly-regenerating forcefields, either.

Ionliosite said:
He can't see the Stand, i already explained that. He can sense it tho.
Right, right. But that'll probably be just overkill at this point, tbh.

Nothing on the profile says he can hit it.

But he really doesn't have to. He can pretty casually move around it, quite literally faster than Ermes can think.

Back