• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Last matchup, Left couldn't fully do his mixups by punching and teleporting his opponent into the air (though the scene I thought he failed to teleport something big didn't happen; he doesn't overtly display it but they never actually fight the gigantic opponent I was thinking of), this time Papyrus is in a lot less luck

He has his fair share of air mobility but a moment he takes to reorient himself is still one where Left can just teleport on him and punch again

Last matchup, Left couldn't fully do his mixups by punching and teleporting his opponent into the air (though the scene I thought he failed to teleport something big didn't happen; he doesn't overtly display it but they never actually fight the gigantic opponent I was thinking of), this time Papyrus is in a lot less luck

He has his fair share of air mobility but a moment he takes to reorient himself is still one where Left can just teleport on him and punch again
While Left might get in a few punches doing that, Papyrus' innate ability to "walk on air" would allow him to easily regain his orientation in freefall and maybe Papyrus being familiar with teleportation would somewhat reduce the surprise, maybe?
Papyrus could also summon clusters of blue bones around himself, effectively creating a protective barrier that would render Left's close combat approach, pretty hard to accomplish. Blue bones have been shown to remain stationary in the air and Papyrus basically did it here, so it's not that far-fetched

While Left might get in a few punches doing that, Papyrus' innate ability to "walk on air" would allow him to easily regain his orientation in freefall and maybe Papyrus being familiar with teleportation would somewhat reduce the surprise, maybe?
The thing is that Left doesn't always just wait for the freefall, against an opponent like CIC they just straight up combo'd them from teleporting punch into teleporting punch until his skull outright fractured, which he started to resort to after he realized CiC was just immune to the fall damage he normally leaves it at
Papyrus could also summon clusters of blue bones around himself, effectively creating a protective barrier that would render Left's close combat approach, pretty hard to accomplish. Blue bones have been shown to remain stationary in the air and Papyrus basically did it here, so it's not that far-fetched
He'd have to get creative in that case, but given the location, he's more than liable to resort to the second half of his usual tactic and drop stuff on top of other stuff. Normally he just has enemies fall on top of each other, but given the circumstances he could just start teleporting cars on top of Papryus if he really plans on laming it out with a blue bone shield

The thing is that Left doesn't always just wait for the freefall, against an opponent like CIC they just straight up combo'd them from teleporting punch into teleporting punch until his skull outright fractured, which he started to resort to after he realized CiC was just immune to the fall damage he normally leaves it at
I mean, when he goes for the combo thing, Papyrus would most likely immediately set up the blue bone shield, especially since it would lose its element of surprise if Left goes for the freefall thing first.
He'd have to get creative in that case, but given the location, he's more than liable to resort to the second half of his usual tactic and drop stuff on top of other stuff. Normally he just has enemies fall on top of each other, but given the circumstances he could just start teleporting cars on top of Papryus if he really plans on laming it out with a blue bone shield
Forcing Left into the second half of his usual tactics would make Left a bit less threatening, given Papyrus' inherent proficiency as a ranged fighter and his diverse toolkit for handling projectiles. Notably, his Zero-Gravity Gun and Shrink Ray would handle the falling cars pretty well

Last edited:
Forcing Left into the second half of his usual tactics would make Left a bit less threatening, given Papyrus' inherent proficiency as a ranged fighter and his diverse toolkit for handling projectiles. Notably, his Zero-Gravity Gun and Shrink Ray would handle the falling cars pretty well
Aren't those both preparation based pieces of gear? SBA says that's not a thing, and the tourney rules default to that on this topic. Also of note is this little tidbit, now that I realize it
So as long as a car hits and opens a hole in the bones, Left can just punch them again. For as good as Papyrus is with his projectiles, the same applies to Left's ability to evade them even without his teleportation (where teleportation provides a force multiplier to doing that and just nailing the guy upside the head from behind)

Sure, that limits Left's ability to really fight, but I did already mention how just one combo was able to crack open CiC's skull, who no sells an attack that's higher than the stuff Papyrus seems to downscale from. Not only does Left have options against Papyrus trying to drag it out, but I don't even know if they'll get the chance to have it drag out at all.

Last edited:
Aren't those both preparation based pieces of gear? SBA says that's not a thing, and the tourney rules default to that on this topic.
Ye, but Match Rules do say "All equipment up to 8-C is allowed"
Also of note is this little tidbit, now that I realize it
So as long as a car hits and opens a hole in the bones, Left can just punch them again. For as good as Papyrus is with his projectiles, the same applies to Left's ability to evade them even without his teleportation (where teleportation provides a force multiplier to doing that and just nailing the guy upside the head from behind)
Fair enough.
Papyrus can make smokescreens with his Concocterest, that could possibly work while Papyrus waits for the cooldown to end, although lad only used it once to escape
Sure, that limits Left's ability to really fight, but I did already mention how just one combo was able to crack open CiC's skull, who no sells an attack that's higher than the stuff Papyrus seems to downscale from.
Dorked did say that Undyne would need considerable effort to kill Papyrus and this was talking about an amped Undyne, but yeah...
Ain't looking too good for Papyrus ngl

It seems kinda weird that the tech based character would get a statement like that off of "he's durable", but eh

Regardless I think I'll officially vote for Left on account of him probably just beating Papyrus most of the way to death in the very opening moments, and even if he gets a chance for blue shield, Left can just teleport a car to put a gap in it and get a few more finishing blows, where Papyrus is going to have trouble getting in solid attacks with Left's inherent proficiency at dodging projectiles and the ability to teleport

It seems kinda weird that the tech based character would get a statement like that off of "he's durable", but eh

Regardless I think I'll officially vote for Left on account of him probably just beating Papyrus most of the way to death in the very opening moments, and even if he gets a chance for blue shield, Left can just teleport a car to put a gap in it and get a few more finishing blows, where Papyrus is going to have trouble getting in solid attacks with Left's inherent proficiency at dodging projectiles and the ability to teleport
Counted

Papyrus' tech is usually just quality of life improvements rather than like combat stuff, his battle armor is featless lol

Also yeah, think Left wins more often than not, lad's early game is too strong

Last edited:
Back