• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Haxless Bracket Round 5: Batman (Post-Crisis) vs Amleth (Valkyria REevolutionn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. Gimme a bit of time to update Amleth's notable attacks and techniques and i'll check this

I don't know how to replace somebody in the brackets.

Edit: I found out. Who should I use to replace them?

Edit 2: Mind if I choose?

Edit 3: Nvm somebody wanted to change their pick but they said it was alright to just replace the High 8-C with their new pick

Does he have counters for Amleth stunning him, freezing him, slowing him down, or just becoming almost invulnerable to his attacks (People like Ophelia Augusta af Jutland, who is stronger than Batman, need to use their strongest attacks to harm Amleth when he is using Rock Body)?

All the members of the Anti-Valkyria Squad are alchemists, so spells are their bread and butter

He probably would have counters for freezing, seeing as he fights Mr. Freeze on the regular. About the others, not so sure. I don't think so.

...isn't Batman like a master of all martial arts or smth?

Literally every form of martial art or fighting technique was taught to him by the League of Assasins and Ra's Al Ghul.

He's also frequently fought Deathstroke (Post-Crisis) who can literally understand and counter a martial art by glancing at it.

But he's also not staying 8C, Therefir and Antonio found problems with the calc

I was gonna suggest Miroku Amagi if that guy already has someone in the tournament.

As for this match, I can see Amelth taking it due to solid versatility. But I'd like to wait for a Batman supporter first.

Mr. Bambu said:
...isn't Batman like a master of all martial arts or smth?
He is?

Might need to catch up on Batman. I only know anything about the dude from reading one comic that my friend threw at me

I do remember him being seen as impressive by an immortal martial artist, not sure of all martial arts tough.

Schnee One said:
Does a curse preventing matches between Valkyria Revolution and comics characters actually exists or that's just my bad luck?

Yes but it's already 2 out of 2.

Well I checked the thread and it doesn't look like the revisions are currently progressing, so i'd say let's debate this in the meantime

I mean if the fight takes place in Central Park, Batman will most likely use smoke bombs and stealth

Does he have abilities that can work like say....Ehnhanced senses

Smoke grenades can be countered with wind, and Amleth is fully capable of fighting inside a perpetual smoke screen, as shown when Viktor ambushed the Anti-Valkyria squad that way.

The members of the Anti-Valkyria squad also spar regularly against each other using frags/smoke bombs/flashbangs

He doesn't have any particular counter to stealth, except being used to infiltration missions himself.

He can also manipulate air to create distractions and draw away the attention from where he actually is.

Also, which weapons is Amleth carrying in this fight?

He has access to rocket launchers, machine guns, sniper rifles, regular rifles, stun grenades, smoke grenades, and frags, but he only carries a firearm and a set of grenades with him, which is decided by player choice, so that's up to the OP

In the meantime i'll vote the dude who lost his parents

Schnee One said:
Literally every form of martial art or fighting technique was taught to him by the League of Assasins and Ra's Al Ghul.
He's also frequently fought Deathstroke (Post-Crisis) who can literally understand and counter a martial art by glancing at it.

Batman didn't learn martial arts from the LoA, he learned the martial arts different masters around the world.

Also, didn't Batman already have his own 8-C feats @@?

He is?
Might need to catch up on Batman. I only know anything about the dude from reading one comic that my friend threw at me

XNhDo
2544037-jlaultimateguide-batprofile
Depends on how you percieve "Every violent art" or "Every known fighting decipline"

Well let's go over Batman's abilities.

Hacking: Nothing to be hacked gg.

Batsuit: That's useful as Amleth naturally takes extra damage from electricity, but he can use Wind Rise to solve that issue. Also, Amleth will likely try to play the ranged game once he notices the fact that the Batsuit can harm him.

Bullet Guard and Rock Body also tend to negate damage from projectiles (unless they are spells/heavy weaponry), so they are also a good counter for Batarangs and tranquilizer darts.

Flashbangs are useful but Amleth has already dealt with stun grenades before.

Tazer, same as the Batsuit

Ice manipulation is useful as Amleth is weak to it, but both Braver and Aqua Rise can counter it

Amleth resists explosions on top of being able to increase said resistance.

I have no idea why Batman has "Intimidation" as a power but Amleth went ahead and battled a goddess of death who can lifewipe armies by singing, so i doubt that Batman can be much worse.

Amleth also has the advantage in range and raw stats, although Batman takes combat skills from a pretty wide margin.

Speed is equal but Amleth does have minor amps and stat reduction to help with that

He also has stuff like spells with no travel time, so that helps a lot given that they can't really be aimdodged, as well as healing and stat amps if it comes to a battle of attrition.

I guess i'll vote Amleth for the advantages listed above if no one wants to defend Batman.

He is stronger and can increase the gap, he can obtain the speed advantage (Via stat amp/reduction), he has dealt/has way to deal with all of Batman's stuff, has the edge in versatility, range, and at the very least he shouldn't be caught off guard due to having experience in stealth himself, status effects are extremely dangerous (If Batman gets frozen or stunned, Amleth just stabs him) and spells that spawn right on top of Batman help a lot as well

Batman does have a pretty huge skill advantage in close quarters but that's literally all he has

Ameleth FFA

The stat amplification isn't that significant considering Batman fights foes vastly stronger than him on the daily. Batman's suit resists most of Ameleth stuff, and the versatility advantage is negligible. Batman easly outskills and has more experience. Considering Batman can disapear while standing next to Superman and Superman being unable to find him, I doubt Ameleth can handle his level of stealth. Going for Batman.

In all fairness it is almost certainly missing stuff but

Yeah Valkyria Boi FRA.

By the way, I want an answer to my question

Because, last I checked, Batman gets absolutely destroyed by Bane in a standard fight, and even famously shattered his back, and Bane only gets defeated through Batman being stealthy and targeting his Venom weakpoints

Here Ameleth, while probably not as smart as Bane (Debatable as I don't know much about the edgelord), is stronger, has no weakpoints to speak of, and counters stealth

Saying "He fights people vastly stronger on a daily" ignores tons of context and is disgenious.

His profile does need some works since, at the very least, his batsuit has resistance to fire, explosions and acid.

First of all nice strawman. Second that actually could be said about you, since what you are describing is an isolated case in other fights Batman has been shown to generaly have the edge over Bane. Thirdly that's called hyperbole, what I meant was that Batman fights stronger foes than him and he has a lot experience with and has shown on multiple occcasions that he can handle them, oftentimes even without effort. And finally I doubt his counter to stealth is better than Superman's senses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3bJcJDyydo

This is one of Batmans fights with Venom Bane when he doesn't have stealth as an option, and he gets his skull bent and nearly shattered.

This is not a hyperbole.

There isn't anyone in DC that Batman fought who is physically vastly superior to him unless you want to count his fights with Superman, where Superman is holding back immensely and can kill him with so much as a finger flick.

Well he still won and he didn't have stealth as an option but under SBA he does. And that's still anecdotal, there have been countless fights Batman vs Bane are we really going to go through all of them?

It literally is.

Still going strong with the strawman I see. Batman has fought vs Killer Croc, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, etc, etc all who are stronger than him and he comes out on top almost always.

When did he win against Venom Bane because I quite literally don't remember when he has without using Stealth, as most if his fights use Base Bane anyway.

And no he did not win that fight, that skill crack was Batman getting knocked out.

Killer Croc is not physically stronger, in fact they matched blows with eachother, and Clayface and Solomon Grundy aren't anywhere as physically strong as Bane, and they're complete idiots by comparison

Also,

Strawman: An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than the opponents real argument

You said, and I quote "Batman has fought people vastly stronger then him on the daily"

What did I misrepresent?

Ok?

Batman also traded blows with Superman that means he's as strong has him (see what I did there). Pretty sure Solomon Grundy and Clayface are comparable with Bane, and yeah they are idiots in comparison, but then again so is this guy.

I see you haven't read a single word of my posts.

They are comparable with Base Bane, not Venom Bane.

Ameleth is certainly not as stupid as either Clayface or Solomon Grundy and certainly has the physical strength to ragdoll Batman if he decides to Amp himself and make himself stronger, he can also Amp his speed to overwhelm Batman in CQC, or freezes him solid, or sets him on fire.

I have, even quoting you on them, the attitude is unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back