• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Crazy dnd sword
Twenty-eigth round of the 8-B Brackets Begins! Round 27 has temporarily been skipped since Adam vs. Kai is still being determined.

The winner of this round will progress to the semifinals.

Current Standings

Hub

The contenders for this round are the The Hunter (Monster Hunter), submitted by Mr. Bambu, and Father (KND), submitted by Inverted Tempest.

Base Father, Low Rank Hunter. Speed is equalized. Battle takes place outside Father's mansio, on either side of the hedge maze.

Father is 58.44 Tons, the Hunter is >> 20.4 Tons.

Father (KND) - 1

The Hunter (Monster Hunter) - 7

Incon -

Bg mv
Father by sheepydoodle d6y0uqv-fullview

Someone tell me about Father.

I already have a pretty good hunch about a victory for Hunter-

Wait, you can't exactly poison fire, can you?

If he's made of fire then

I guess Hunter can't really hit them

they don't really have non-physical

Welp, Father is not made of fire, so it can get poisoned, but poisonous gas wouldn't work.

oh

wait then what's up with the fire thing

I know very little about Kids Next Door, if you can believe it

Antoniofer said:
Welp, Father is not made of fire, so it can get poisoned, but poisonous gas wouldn't work.
Ah, right. Though, overall, poisons aren't a good choice against fire, seeing as fire is actively used to deal with poisons and bacteria in the first place.

So that's out, though I can bet The Hunter could figure that out.

I haven't see KND in a long time, but Father is just a human with powers. If it can obtain fire physiolgy I do not remember.

Can I get a general summary for Father or...?

Has much more aside from his powers, its a plain villain last time I checked. He uses mostly pyrokinesis, shapeshifting is not used in combat (and I doubt is that useful), can also duplicate and have telekinesis.

So why can't he be drugged?

If one reach to inject a poison on him I guess so; only counter I see (aside from the flames) if shapeshifting into something big (you known, metabolism and stuff).

The Hunter sorta already uses it on "big" creatures though

Like shit have you seen Dalamadur

Varies. Can be delivered via arrows and bullets, certain gaseous bombs, and even some weapons have it as a (******* overpowered) contact thing where you can just spam the monsters to paralyze and sleep-induce themselves to death.

We heat our food to kill germs. We get fevers when sick to attempt to slow down or kill viruses or sicknesses. Trying to poison a guy who regularly surrounds himself with blazingly hot fires is very likely to not be effective.

Gas shouldn't work considering the heat that surrounds Father, since is as ht that it melts granite and stone around I doubt the arrows stands a chances, so most efficient way of using it by melee combat; TK may be useful too to deflect projectiles.

I really don't see poisons being useful at all, seeing as he surrounds himself with the exact thing he needs to counter it.

Though, that just makes this an interesting match, as I'm pretty sure Hunter doesn't only have poisons.

ThePixelKirby said:
We heat our food to kill germs. We get fevers when sick to attempt to slow down or kill viruses or sicknesses. Trying to poison a guy who regularly surrounds himself with blazingly hot fires is very likely to not be effective.
Works on fire-breathing dragons just fine. Don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Fire-breathing doesn't mean engulfed in flames.

And given the very picture used in OP, it seems like the father is pretty well-endowed when it comes to being engulfed in flames.

If the fire is "around him" then it will still work, cus the heat can just be bypassed by injecting the poison. If he himself has a really high body temperature (example Ginji Amano has this case where he can kill any bacteria via body heat alone) then the poison won't work. Which is it?

Take your pick of any number of flame-covered things. Teostra, who literally blows themselves up? Lavasioth, who considers a bubbling pit of lava to be a rather nice bath? Uragaan, who quite literally ***** out fire-gas because it seems like a good attack? The list goes on but you get the point.

Now, I don't actually know much about The Father. If he doesn't ignite himself that often, then yea he's kinda ******.

Also, Earl, would you say that if someone covered you in oil and tossed a lit match at you, that your body temperature may raise a bit?

Firephoenixearl said:
If the fire is "around him" then it will still work, cus the heat can just be bypassed by injecting the poison. If he himself has a really high body temperature (example Ginji Amano has this case where he can kill any bacteria via body heat alone) then the poison won't work. Which is it?
It'll work either way. The "poison" (in this case, sleep drugs) works on creatures that ingest lava and spit it back out at you for an assault. Heat isn't an issue when practically every game includes a volcano and lava monsters to match.

ThePixelKirby said:
Also, Earl, would you say that if someone covered you in oil and tossed a lit match at you, that your body temperature may raise a bit?
No more than taking baths in lava.

Mr. Bambu said:
Firephoenixearl said:
It'll work either way. The "poison" (in this case, sleep drugs) works on creatures that ingest lava and spit it back out at you for an assault. Heat isn't an issue when practically every game includes a volcano and lava monsters to match.
Ingesting literal lava...

Alright, Hunter FRA.

ThePixelKirby said:
Depends. It's impossible to judge, cus i'd die way before my body heat starts rising. But very hot exterior does scientifically increase the body heat (like the "ice man" who stayed too much in ice then got out after like 30 min because his body temperature was starting to drop which is life threatening).

But that could just be resistance to fire and heat. So that it doesn't burn him.

Roight so

I vote Hunter via sedatives that work through heat and stealth to make the Splinter Cell series look like a bunch of toddlers flinging their widdled diapers about.

Ingesting lava and breathing fire are proofs of a strong body that can resist the heat, not that your body temperature is that high.

I mean i hope Bambu won't start arguing that all dragons have a 3000 degree celsius body temperature via fire breath.

I mean I'd sure as hell assume Lavasioth would have pretty damn heated insides after eating lava all day but hey I guess not

Mr. Bambu said:
I mean I'd sure as hell assume Lavasioth would have pretty damn heated insides after eating lava all day but hey I guess not
No cus the lava just goes to the stomach (or sth like that), with strong enough skin it will not burn the skin and that would prevent most of the heat from spreading to the body.

body heat isn't just the heat of your skin

irrelevant regardless, but wat

Note that I argued more about poison not being able to reach father due to being always surrounded in flames rather than being immune to it, so in general I think is not that useful anyway.

Mr. Bambu said:
body heat isn't just the heat of your skin

irrelevant regardless, but wat
Didn't say heat of skin, i said resistance. If your organs are tough they can prevent the heat from going to other organs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back