• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Crazy dnd sword
Twenty-fourth round of the 8-B Brackets Begins! Winner of the last round was Father.

Current Standings

Hub

The contenders for this round are the Lord (Overgeared), submitted by Ricsi-Viragosi, and The Hunter (Monster Hunter), submitted by Mr. Bambu.

3 yr old Lord, Low Rank Hunter. Speed is not equal, battle takes place in the Domain of Darkness from RWBY.'

The Hunter is >> 20.2 Tons, Lord generates 4.5 quakes or 84 Tons. Lord is 400 m/s, The Hunter is 500 m/s.

The Hunter (Monster Hunter) -

Lord (Overgeared) -

Incon -

I have no idea what Lord looks like so no images for you chumps.

Okay, so let me get the scale out, shall I?

Attack: Lord, see OP.

Durability: Lord, see OP.

Speed: Hunter, see OP.

Lifting Strength: Lord. K is better than 100.

Stamina: Hunter. Very High overpowers Superhuman.

Range: Hunter. The hundreds of kilometers is too OP compared to the extended melee range Lord has.

Intelligence: Probably Hunter. While Lord was taught "everything he knew" on survival, Hunter outsmarts the Elder Dragons, who are much smarter than humans. Furthermore, with this intelligence, Hunter uses this to outskill many Hunters and Knights.

Experience: Leading to Hunter, considering from scaling to the average adult human, whereas Lord is literally a 3 year old.

Abilities: Okay, this is honestly a tricky answer considering how messed up the info is on both, but from taking bits and bits of their abilities of what is good, I can assume it is the Hunter that takes this. It must be said that Lord has an OP invincibility that goes up to 2-C, but thats just for 2.5 seconds for every seemingly deadly wound, and while the Status resistance seems OP, its just an 80% chance of resisting. Hunter has abilities that Lord does not resist no matter what such as Sleep Manipulation, so he can just put him to sleep and finish him off. With summoning, that helps him stack up the damage with his summons and himself. While it might be hard for Lord to be defeated all because of durability, invincibility, and Regenerationn, that can be dodged by simply putting him to sleep, then wittling him down.

Conclusion:To be fair, that was a tricky choice. Lord is hard to kill because of his durability, Regenerationn, and invincibility, but it could all be dodged thanks to Hunters intellect to think and execute, speed, and abilities. The winner is the Hunter.

There isn't literally anything stopping the hunter from just snipping from range with bowguns or bows.

Plus, dragon element? On someone with gifted intellect? Nuff said.

I believe I counted correctly with the advantages being 6-3. Its factual, 100% proof.

ÔÇÿCounting' advantages isn't a perfect method.

Regardless, I'll wait for Risci, but naturally I'm leaning towards Hunter.

Counting abilities isn't a guaranteed method of determining a victor.

(Also Bambu, do you pick the most haxxed character in existence every time or is it just me?)

Psycho, my issue is your evaluation is based on quantitative data over qualitative. The number of the advantages held over one another is irrelevant when even one good advantage would lead to a victory for a character.

My points for Hunter to add on to yours (just got home from work so forgive me if I'm brief), sleep manip and stealth. Both are very potent in the hands of the Hunter. Their tranquilizers and traps are enough to KO an enormous creature like an Angorath or Rathalos for an extended period of time, and the more wounded you are, the longer they work (long enough to drag said enormous creatures across continents).

Stealth is so good they can dance in front of enhanced senses creatures and be pretty much okay, as long as they do it right.

Sleep manip is through tranqulizers? That seems fairly easy to use then. It will also bypass invincibility.

Hunter via Sleep Manip and stealth.

Specifically via certain bullets/arrows or tranq bombs, which release it as a low-range gas effect. Certain weapons also have it as a passive but it takes more hits than just using those listed.

I'll wait for Ricsi.

Bambu has a knack for knowing the strongest characters with the most hax that will be just barely allowed.

8-C brackets sound nice. I wonder who else Bambu has in store.

Sleep darts still fall under the 80% chance to resist, but the hunter has the skill to just hold out till the 80% chance just doesn't happen.

Asmittedly, he likely has some base resistance to it, but I wouldn't be able to give you a feat for tranquilizers and sleep stuff.

"Sleep." "Ah... Um...." Crash! Yes, the evil eyes just looked at Randy. But the effect was amazing. Randy literally fell asleep in the combat state. Grid was startled. 'It overcame Randy's status resistance?' Randy was a named boss and had high status resistance. Grid never remembered seeing Randy be affected by status conditions before. Randy was easily handled by the evil eyes. The evil eye's ability was an absolute force on most players except those with a legendary class.

Shouldn't this scale to Lord since he's kind of destined to be a Legend, and he has the Characteristics of a Legend, which is resisting status conditions and not dying as easily as the others

That seems like hax doe. Wouldn't it work far differently from gas and tranquilizers which put you to sleep in a biological way?

I mean, the 80% is on top of the normal resistance that copmes with being a named NPC/Boss.

Stuff that overcomes the noral resistance Lord has would be put under the 80% resistance thing, much like how Grid can resist the evil eye's abilities with the legendary title.

Firephoenixearl said:
That seems like hax doe. Wouldn't it work far differently from gas and tranquilizers which put you to sleep in a biological way?
That is also covered under their resistances. Beyond them just having resistance to poisons in general, IIRC they can resist ridicolous stuff like chains slowing them down, starvation, and having their veins obstructed by a blade.

I see, that explains it better. Would that need to be clarified in his profile by chance, Ricsi?

Then, I am still of the mind that the hunter could try it until it works.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That is also covered under their resistances. Beyond them just having resistance to poisons in general, IIRC they can resist ridicolous stuff like chains slowing them down, starvation, and having their veins obstructed by a blade.
You mean the basic stuff or the 80% one?

Cus the basic stuff should get overpowered from the fact that these tranquilizers are used to put freaking dragons to sleep, who should be although maybe not physically, biologically far superior to humans.

The 80% one as you said can be managed via stealth and skill.

The 80% one for the latter.

And Lord is from an RPG novel. There is a lot more than humans in there. A human is a level 5 mook that can't do anything to the like of Lord, let alone have resistances comparable to him. There are several several dozen meter beasts, golems, vampires, etc., so superior to normal humans resistance means just abou tnothing.

Well, yes, but we are left wondering about is the base resistance that comes before the 80%.

And if you mean that it can be bypassed through other means beyond that 20% chance of it just being a no-show, I'll have to highly doubt that.

Yeah i do mean the 20% when i say it can be managed.

The rest is, as i said. I still think it can be bypased, because it is just a biological resistance. It will just take more tranquilizers at the end of the day.

If the 80% kicks in it get's completely nulled, plus Lord (or anyone in the verse) is more of an "all or nothing" as far as status effects go because canon game mechanics (that are justified by the lore).

Yes but that wouldn't rly apply to him getting hit by 30 tranqulizers on top of gas does it? We just went over how his biology is superior to dozen meter monsters. That just means it will take quite a bunch of tranquilizers. The all or nothing doesn't mean he can tank 100 tranqulizers just because 1 cannot put him down.

The number doesn't change the effectiveness of it. And the number of poisons at once doesn't much matter either.

I just went over how it's not something that quantity can overcome. It's not how it works for him. Those are the literal laws of his reality.

ThePixelKirby said:
Bambu has a knack for knowing the strongest characters with the most hax that will be just barely allowed.
8-C brackets sound nice. I wonder who else Bambu has in store.
literally nobody

Guys, we may have a chance at actually winning this time!

As for Ricsi. I... really don't understand what I'm responding to. If the need is just "we need a lot of chances to sleep manip" then that part isn't really an issue when a Hunter's ranged weapons include a quasi-machine gun with sleep darts, I guess?

If that's the crux of the other side I'll vote Hunter.

Very well, mate!

Hunter:4(?) (Psychomaster35, Mr. Bambu, Firephoenixearl, ThePixelKirby(?))

Lord:1 (Ricsi-viragosi)

Back