• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[13th Round of 8-B Tournament] - Specter Knight vs The Hunter (0-7-0)

Something something Ghillie Mantle + Experience killing enemies strong enough to One-Shot the monster his 20.2 Tons feat comes from + Actually having dealt with some of Specter Knight's powers before = GG.

I...don't know.

I think Specter Knight can win, thanks to his time slow and judgement rush, as well as being able to heal with the will skull.

Necromercer said:
I...don't know.

I think Specter Knight can win, thanks to his time slow and judgement rush, as well as being able to heal with the will skull.
Time slow is balanced out by Stat amps and it won't even come into play due to ghille mantel stealth into paralysis, sleep, dragon weapon, or just plain combat since the hunter has an AP advantage, similar if not more skill, and far better equipment at all ranges. Hunter can also heal with potions.

Still, Specter's mobility could allow him to win. Also, Striker's shawl MIGHT make specter strong enough to kill Hunter.

Hunter deals with similarly mobile opponents often and he will have the element of suprise sue to ghille mantel. His ranged weapons should negate the flight advantage anyway.

Specter has fought with people that have had the edge of surprise before, so the surprise edge is nothing new.

Range is also nothing new to specter knight.

I don't see how amps counter the time slow.

Yes but did they have paralysis/ sleep manip, mental damage, better AP, and comparable or better skill, combined with suprise? The range would still prevent Specter from abusing flight even if he dealt with that before. Amps would weaken the time slow by a bit as all slowing time does is make everything else move slower by a certain amount. The amps would make the hunter faster and therefor faster during the slow (this is assuming that specter will even get it off due to all I mentioned above.)

Overlord775 said:
can someone remind me why the Hunter was even allowed in the bracket when he's so haxed ?
He isn't very haxed though? His only real hax is dragon element shenanigans and that is functionally just more damage. He is far more balanced then, let's just say the terrarian.

The Terrarian doesn't have insibility that bypasses extesensory nor sleep and paralysis hax tho

he just got danmaku going for him and some level of life steal with Vamp Knifes.

It isn't really invis, more just stealthyness. (Extrasensory? He bypassed good senses but not ESP.) Hunter is really just a stealthy guy with what is functionally just tranquilizers. Nothing very haxed.

You accepted him scaling above the feat though. He gets two or three shot by monsters that destroy the monsters that did the feat. So vauge year above the feat likelihood not above the restriction especially due to how the hunter's stats vary based on his weapon and armor set. This was discussed on the first thread.

eh

Hunter FRA

Back