• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Doubles: Ness and the Wither vs. Sakaguchi Hinata and Akira Kongou

Jinsye

She/Her
Semifinals!

I got a bad feeling about this one though

Speed is equal and all contestants are in-character. (Betrayal is not allowed btw)

Victory via incap, ko, or death.

Who wins?

Ness and Wither: 3

Sakaguchi Hinata and Akira Kongou: 0

Alright, just gonna go off with what my head thinks.

Can Hinata bypass PSI attacks that Ness will start off with?

Paralysis can incap. Hypnosis is self explanatory. Flash has a few chance to kill with Omega having the bigger probability of killing.

Is that what Hinata leads with? Ness leads with Paralysis which nullifies physical combat and item.

Why am I leaving Wither when he leads with a Wither skull.

It's getting late for me, I will relay tomorrow.

Me and P know a lot about Ness, his tactics, what he leads with, how his abilies work, etc.

I don't think this match is one-sided at all. Ness has a lot of good hax and abilities. So does Hinayana of course.

Hinata leads with her bind techniques, which would be Astral Bind and Astral Bind Slash. From that point onward she'll just act accordingly + she has Mathematician to predict what'll happen next. Though we know that a serious Hinata goes straight for the kill, so it's likely she'll use something lethal as a follow-up to her binding moves

Ok, so

Ness leads with status effects: Paralysis, Hypnosis, and the big one PK Flash

These status effects are AoE so both of them (Hinata & Akira) are gonna get hit when it is used.

Considering Hinata also leads with status effects this means both of them are gonna get hit by each others Status Effects. This is because it is the first thing they do in character and speed is equal.

Ness's status effects make it impossible for Hinata to use her 1 hit kill moves. As Paralysis makes it she can't move her body, Sleep makes it she's... well... asleep, PK Flash has two effects: Blindness and it has a 40 % chance to one-hit-kill both enemies right there and then.

Now this match gets really bad if Hinata uses her status effect on the wither instead. If she does that, once again she gets blinded, put to sleep, etc and Ness can remove status effects with PK heal anyways.

Her battle predictions aren't gonna help her with this stuff, especially when Ness's first move is to AoE them. I think it would be bullcrap if she can somehow predict the first move when she hasn't even seen the kid throw out an attack yet.

I thought that wall of text I gave in favor of Ness was my vote? Welp, anyways my vote is for Ness and the wither.

Fun Fact: Using calculus we can find out the probability of PK Flash one-shotting one or both enimies.

The Probability of Hinata getting one-shot -> P(A) = 0.4

The Probability of Akira getting one-shot -> P(B) = 0.4

Probability of One of Them Getting one-shot: P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B) -> 0.4 + 0.4 = 0.8 or 80% chance of one getting one-shot the moment PK Flash is used.

Probability of Both of Them Getting one-shot: P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B) -> 0.4 x 0.4 = 0.16 or 16% chance of both getting one shot the moment PK Flash is used.

So 4 times out of 5 one of them are out of commision and 4 times out of 25 both are instantly one-shot.

PK THUNDAH and OWWAAAAAAAAAAH are the winners unless someone intervenes in the next 10 minutes.

Back