• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Fifth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Korra.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Ophiel, nominated by Antoniofer, and Haru Glory, submitted by RotofBots.

Oracion Seis/Symphonia/Stellar Memories arc Haru is used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in this city from Anima, 20 meters apart.

Ophiel scales to 76 Megatons, Haru scales to 98 Megatons.

Ophiel - 1 (Anton)

Haru Glory - 1 (Rot)

Incon - 2 (Cueio, SBB)

Anima Ophiel the fallen An
Da639e6a005a720ad6c87614be5382a4--manga-boy-manga-anime

If my memory works good, Haru has the hability to seal magic with the Runesword but not sure how it works. At the time Ophiel wins with range, and Haru is at most 30% stronger than Ophiel.

I set them at 20 meters at the start to help make range less of an issue, although Ophiel's teleportation hard counters my SBA powers.

Haru can take this via Endurance, Durability/AP, Magic Cutting/Sealing, Intelligence and Stat Amping.

AP/Dura
Firstly As for AP and Dura, his feat was 98 Megatons compared to Ophiel's 76. Not a big advantage but an advantage nonetheless.

Endurance
His immense endurance is really what makes him hard to put down. He tanked all the pain he ever had since since birth and was still able to fight. These wounds include stab wounds like this.

Holy Manipulation
Haru's Holy Manipulation directly nullifies Ophiel's Darkness Manipulation.

Stat Amping
Very in-character for Haru to use speed-amping to close large distances. For example. He is also seen combining his silfarion with his Explosive form of his blade to make a chain-explosion.

Non-Physical Interaction/Magic slicing
With Runesave, Haru is stated to be able to "cut things which normally cannot be cut" such as magic, air and intangibles.

In conclusion, Haru essentially counters most of Ophiel's strengths such as Darkness manipulation and Intangibility and has strengths of his own. The only real advantage I see with Ophiel is teleportation.

Haru takes this mid-diff.

Good arguments, now its time for me to put some (although not as organized as your): There's no much info about Ophiel's endurance besides having Use of Necessary Energy (that allow him to fight for 10 times more than normally someone without ki would) and being a Duk'zarist (they are considered to have "perfection physical", so sickness, poison and bleeding wouldn't do anything).

Can't say much about Haru, but Ophiel is prett experienced in battle and tactical, he personally is leading a mission of moving his agents (from Samael) to replace members of the Church; at the time, few agents are taking possetions.

Ophiel is not weak agaisnt Holy attacks, only the light attacks (is quite different is Anima), but yes, light attacks cause him double of damage. However, Umbra do not have issues by blocking lights attacks, it only suffer negatives when fighting in a place with considerable light (not quite a problem, since there´s few spelss thatmakes the environment dark).

Aside from teleportation, there's a few useful spells, like blinding (not quite blind inducement, but is can makes a large area dark, so beings are unable to see in there), two spells that allows him to directly destroy light or positive emotions based beings (not OHK, is not that powerful), hidng spells (most of Dark Magic is that) and few empatic ones (it do not avoid the target to stop attacking, but it induce rage or destroy the positive emotions, how that affect Haru I don't known).

Aside from teleportation, there's a few useful spells, like blinding (not quite blind inducement, but is can makes a large area dark, so beings are unable to see in there)

It would normally be dangerous but not only can he create a sphere of light using "Million Suns" but it can also dispel darkness

few empatic ones (it do not avoid the target to stop attacking, but it induce rage or destroy the positive emotions, how that affect Haru I don't known).

Seems the most dangerous spell of the bunch but the problem is that Haru would most likely go into his Sacrifar Mode as it is a form that takes away all of Haru's emotions except aggressio but the downside is that Haru would eventually end up being fully possessed by it and his "true self" would die thus making it inconclusive.

Welp, it depends of the range of the light, the spell Night has a range of between 25 to 500 m (at 500 m the darkness is considered supernatural, so even creatures that can naturally see in the darkness wouldn't be able to see). Naturally, he needs to prepare the spell, but since Ophiel can attack with Umbra without causing any negative to Ki/Zeon (magic) accumulation, it wouldn't take that much time, more advanted spells would take around 10 s (gamewise) to completely charge.

Other thing, Ophiel is also able to Amp Stat, by using either ki or magic, it do not makes him physically stronger, but it increase the damage of Umbra and weapons and durability of his armor.

Yeah, this seems really close to me, although I'm somewhat leaning on Ophiel with his range edge + teleportation.

Ophiel - 2 (Anton, Jacky)

Haru - 1 (Rot)

Incon - 2 (Cueio, SBB)

Time to go again:

Ophiel with his range edge + teleportation.

Is it in-character for him to spam ranged attacks? Also, while his teleportation is hundreds of Kilometers, his (darkness) attacks are only "Kilometers" which could be countered by "Million Suns" in any case.

And checking Haru's calc, he made a slice that's 1.997 km in diameter, so his range should most likely be that.

Ophiel's win cons are mainly his spells which I don't know how in-character they are.

How likely Ophiel uses certain skills should be explained by Anton.

Ophiel's combat style is "dark magic and killer instint", so he use magic in combat (part of his powers says he can cast spells and attack with Umbra at the same time without negatives), aside, he generally crush armies by attacking with Umbra by mere though. His "kilometers" range comes from the attack he did when he was a child, and yes it was Umbra.

Actually, his max range in teleportation is 1000 km, and 100 minimal; preparing the spell would require from 6 to 12 s.

Hmph...

ill retract my vote for incon and switch to haru as he could most likely tank most if not all of Oph's shizz and dish out more than he he can handle.

>tanked all the pain he had since birth

if this is true, definitely.

RotofBots said:
He tanked all the pain he ever had since since birth and was still able to fight.
Nitpick here but he didn't. The ability of the guy was weaker/his power was getting exhausted. Even his regen was failing at that point.

Haru - 2 (Rot, SBB)

Incon - 1 (Cueio)

Ophiel - 3 (Anton, Jacky, Iap)

Haru - 2 (Rot, SBB)

Incon - 1 (Cueio)

Oh god, this is going to be another Round 1, isn't it

Ophiel - 3 (Anton, Jacky, Iap)

Haru - 3 (Rot, SBB, Dragon)

Incon - 1 (Cueio)

Haru - 4 (Rot, SBB, Dragon, Iap)

Incon - 1 (Cueio)

Ophiel - 3 (Anton, Jacky, Fate)

Haru - 4 (Rot, SBB, Dragon, Iap)

Incon - 1 (Cueio)

Good thing Haru has magic sealing. Along with the the fact his sealing isn't limited to magic either but scales to Lucia who can seal abilities just by pointing a sword at them. But in any case, I don't see Ophiel range spamming especially since the battle starts in 20m and it takes 6-12 seconds for his teleportation to charge up. Haru isn't gonna just be standing around. In any case, Ophiel gets the shuda treatment. And for the blitzing part, Haru was able to blitz a guy using Silfarion who was originally faster than Haru.

Moreover, if you have doubts of Haru's magic splitting, just take a look at this feat of Haru cutting magic attacks higher than even his own AP. Added on to the fact that Haru can dispel darkness magic, he most likely wins.

Ophiel - 3 (Anton, Jacky, Fate)

Haru - 5 (Rot, SBB, Dragon, Iap, Phoenixstorm)

Incon - 1 (Cueio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back