• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
It's time.
Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Haru Glory, submitted by RotofBots, and Anne Mayer, submitted by First Witch.

Prime Anne and Oracion Seis/Symphonia/Stellar Memories arc Haru are being used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place at Final Destinatio, assuming there are plenty of identical platforms floating around, 20 meters away.

Anne scales to 34 Megatons, Haru has a 98 megaton feat.

This is playing in the background
Haru Glory -

Anne Mayer - 4 (Bambu, Starter, Anonymous, Crimson)

Incon -

Haru vs Anne

Let's all be honest. We're all gonna make a bunch more matchups with Anne and Haru later, now that we know how cool they really are because of these brackets.

So basically. Anne is pretty widely accepted as being the most skilled in the bracket by a fair margin.Her being able to read physical actions and maintain forcefields are none too bad advantages either- the former means any action taken by Haru can be legitimately countered, and the latter means even if she ***** up, she can tank a hit.

As far as I know, Anne isn't magic- so Haru's immediate advantage there is nulled. His considerable AP leads to less than a 3x advantage- pretty damn decent, not a dealbreaker though. His ability to alter his speed and density could lead to a potential counter to her reading his every move- after all, that'd be pretty unexpected with a sudden shift of speed or damage output.

Overall I think I hand it to Anne via skill, forcefields, and ultimately just knowing most of Haru's movements before he does them. The density manip is a decent counter but again, not enough for me to conclusively say it would give him a victory.

I feel like Anne is gonna take this but for the sake of argument, how does she scale to the 34 mt? And do wave attacks count as magic?

I did the calc and while I'm not familiar with the verse (I actually thought the calc was for Neon Genesis when I did it, had to ask Witchy for further elaboration) IIRC she tanked it to the face.

Oof. Depending on how fast Haru goes Silfarion I might give him my vote. x7 speed amp should counter Anne's skill and mind reading while the x3 AP tips it in his favor. Other than that though .... Haru gets no glory.

Fair enough, speed amping could well lead to overwhelming her.

Anne's skill alone is great, but will she really be able to kill someone almost 3x stronger before he uses a 7x speed Amp?

Anne - 2 (Bambu, Anonymous)

watch the Finale be less controversial than like half the brackets

"sgebreally"

I don't even know what this was meant to be

Schnee One said:
Anne's skill alone is great, but will she really be able to kill someone almost 3x stronger before he uses a 7x speed Amp?
How is Haru going to amp when Anne nulls his supernatural abilities?

Dargoo Faust said:
Anne - 2 (Bambu, Anonymous)

watch the Finale be less controversial than like half the brackets
Anon didn't vote though, he wanted to know if Harry's speed Amp would counter

Schnee One said:
Anon didn't vote though, he wanted to know if Harry's speed Amp would counter
I assumed they voted when they claimed "Haru gets no Glory", but I'll retract it for now, I guess.

Anne - 1 (Bambu)

Does the null work on speed amps? Also, does it matter what she's aiming the null at? The sword is what's giving him the speed amp so if she tries nulling him, nothing will happen.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Does the null work on speed amps? Also, does it matter what she's aiming the null at? The sword is what's giving him the speed amp so if she tries nulling him, nothing will happen.
First Witch said:
Ranging from nulling simple stuff like elemental manip, blood manip and stuff to physic breaking weapons that are directly powered by your mind. Its in character to spam it as her entire martial art is based around it.
First Witch said:
Nope, Wave techniques are outright called "Power cancelation". All wave attacks are carrying that property, from normal sword strikes embued with Waves to lasers that nuke entire building or slices through multiple city blocks.

I'll supply an argument because I enjoy a good debate, lol. But also because Haru actually has a good chance when you factor in things like his endurance, rage power, and AoE. Melforce and Explosion are pretty good.

It also depends on if Anne's power null is permanent, or only when contact is made. I'm also unsure if It'll negate the entire blade or just that form.

Endurance isn't useful unless it's some weird version since most fights don't last long enough for that to come into play. Rage power is a... maybe? AOE and Explosions are the same thing.

Litentric Teon said:
It also depends on if Anne's power null is permanent, or only when contact is made.
Anne's powernull is her wave technique, a sort of ki-like thing that she uses. No, it doesn't require physical contact

Hooray, I did something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back