• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets: Round 3

IT CONTINUES!

My serious apologies to anyone concerned in the tourney, technology kind of nuked me recently but i'll try maintaining this tourney alive through some means. On a side note, thanks to Smashtwig for temporarily taking over.

As the tourney continues, we see both Shio Namikaze and Shirou Emiya engage in combat after a long unknown, foreign hiatus, both from YungManzi and Peppypony!

Contenders from this round are the aforementioned.

Restrictions from the main thread are applied.

Speed equalized, as well as Standard Battle Assumptions.

Shirou scales to Archer and entities of similar prowess, while Shio is 80 Megatons scaling to being superior to her own Nuclear Jutsu.

Battle takes place somewhere in Konohagakure.

Who shall prevail, and why?

Shio Namikaze -

Shirou Emiya -

Inconclusive -

Shio
The 2nd Magus Killer

Got to go with Shirou here

Rho Aias is capable of defending against A ranked NP's and attacks and the Iris lens shield Shirou used in CH: 48 of FFD can rebound ranged attacks back at their opponents so her Ice magic and Nuclear Jutsu have a high chance of backfiring on her here. Also that's not even counting the Damage Shirou could do to her with Maiya if she does use her Nuclear Jutsu close range with him(...Yeah she just possibly recked her chakra pathways well poisoning herself to death their). As for Golden Excalibur it's abilities, history and power now belong to Shirou now.

Sorry Shio Namikaze but without your All seeing demon eyes(she would have won if not for the Restrictions thanks to These broken things) Shirou's just to versatile for you to handle even without his pure eyes and time tricks.

but that's just me what do you all think?

are Rho Aias and Shirou the same person or something? I thought Avalon only works for a few seconds, so not everything is gonna be reflected

She resistant to her own Nuclear Attacks. Plus, I'm not sure if the Nuke Style Jutsus function as spontaneous attacks or a projectile

Rho Aias is a seven layered shield and each layer is equivalent to an enchanted fortress wall plus it's an absolute defense for example it block Gáe Bolg: Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death which is an army killer nuke.

As for Shio's Nuclear Jutsu I think she can use it at any range.

thus why Maiya is necessary if she uses her Nuclear Jutsu a close range because it bypasses durability/resistances.

I looked at the profile for Rho, it's a 7-A durability shield apparently. Not sure if that's allowed, but if it's baseline, it shouldn't be that bad. If Nuclear is a spontaneous attack, it won't be reflected back to her I think

Maiya still seems to be 7-B, but I'd like more detail on it, since details are not on the profile (same with Rho)

Here is Maiya's descriptions given to us by Third Fang

• Maiya: The Blade of Binding

Rank C (Anti-Unit, Anti-life)

Named after the woman the magus killer helped raise and worked with for many years at his side, despite his offers to let her go.

Maiya unlike Natalia, can be used in more than one way. It will actualize at the end of the swing instead of at the beginning. This means that if it is used in a straight up fight, anyplace it would cut would instead leave only improperly healed, and decaying tissue. The hidden ability of maiya is that it can be used in conjunction with other magic or solutions to produce interesting and significant effects on the opponent. For example, if the blade is laced with poison then anything it cuts would not only get poisoned, but make it so that it would be nearly impossible to take it out since the concept of "binding" would practically fuse it to the afflicted area and it's cells.

to put it in to simple terms Conceptual Weapons are BS

Natalia?

Shirou seems to have a lot of stuff that seems unlisted, I'll have to wait for further input from YUNG. Again, Rho may not be allowed, we'd need to ask Uni for that

here

• Natalia: The Blade of Severing

Rank C (Anti-Unit, Anti-life)

Named after the woman the magus killer considered his mother figure and shot down by his hands in an unfortunate mission.

Natalia's power is the actualization of severing, or cutting something into two separate parts. So long as what it is cutting has a low enough resistance to magic, it will instantly bisect along the line of the blade the moment it makes contact regardless of whether or not it is finished swinging. The curse in the blade, since it is a curse focused on corrupting and destroying life and humanity, gives it a higher effectiveness against living things. In short it means that if it cuts a person, the person would need to be at a full rank higher in terms of magical resistance to prevent the origin of severing to be actualized on any part of his or her body.

and heres Shirou's last resort weapon too

• Kiritsugu: The Blade of the Cursed Hero

Rank B- (Anti-Unit, Anti-life)

Named after the Magus killer himself.

This blade has both the dual origin of the magus killer, which is severing and binding. The first is akin to cutting something though completely while the second is similar to tying things together. Used at once and the instant effect is like cutting a string and then tying the ends that were just cut to one another. It's stile piece of "string", but there's a bulge where the knot is, an irregular and irreversible corrosion. If applied to a living being, the dual effect would cause something like necrosis on the afflicted area. There's no puncture wound or physical damage, but the cells, veins, and nerves in that area would be dead and no magic in the world would be able to heal the area because the afflicted area was in fact healed, just in the worst way possible. When it comes into contact with an opposing mage's thaumaturgy, the origins are applied to that mage's circuits. Severing all the ones that are active at the time and then binding them all together just as quickly. It's effect is something similar to pouring some water over a real circuit board when electricity is running through it. Once the effects are finalized, the opponent's prana would then run wild in their body and rip them apart from the inside out. Damaging muscles, organs, nerves, whatever is linked to their circuits is now tied into the destruction. Even if the target does survive by some kind of miracle, they would never be able to use magic again, let alone regain full control over their body. And because of the curse placed on the blade, it has drastically altered the effects as that if it comes into contact with a living being, it will sever and bind not only the magic circuits but the soul as well and thus shredding the mind of the opponent and causing memory loss.

Simple Shirou has Gáe Dearg: Crimson Rose of Exorcism a magic spear that disspells any magic that tuch's it's tip so AOE magics like her Ice and Nuke get Nosold. which only leaves Golden Excalibur in which Shirou's magic is a natural counter too.

Like i said before with out her broken as hell Eye hax she just can't win here even if Shirou doesn't have access to his own time and eye hax.

If she did it would have been a stomp match in her faver.

But that's just the tip though, how would that exactly block an attack that hits everywhere?

I can't figure out what Shirou's AP is rn

That's the Point of it, If Gáe Deargs tip makes cotact with even the most Inconsequential peace of the magic (like a little bit of the magic ice/poison) the whole thing will just fall apart.

After all from what I can tell Shio's ice and Nuke magics are fire and forget type spells thus are easily disbursed by Gáe Dearg's tip. Now if they where enchantment/curse type Continuous magic like saber's invisible air it would be a different story entirely because Gáe Dearg can only disrupt those types of magics not disspell them.

I just got word from Uni.

Shirou cannot use Rho (the shield) because it is in 7-A for Durability, same goes for anything that is also 7-A in Shirou's arsenal

What's Shirou's AP?

(Consequently, that also means my character cannot use Ember Overdrive, Tectonic Armor, and Frostbite Nova)

Shirou's AP varys from 9-A up to 7-A+

(UBW and NP spam and certain projections like 9lives, Enkidu and Ig Alima are locked because their 7A+)

Shio starts with GE, once Shirou copies it, she back up and uses AOE AZ Ice Magic while spamming arrows.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure she has a decent AP advantage as well.

If Shirou's baseline that means Shio can easily slap him and that's it. Though, i don't expect happening that normally, since, well, he isn't a statue. I don't know either where his City level+ stats come from, huh.

he got his City level+ stats from his various fight's with medusa and some of the other Servants like that one fight where he got his heart blown out only to get back up to guard Illya well regenerating with blades upon blades upon blades upon blades to the point it freaked out the servants.

Being part 'Dead Apostle 'makes him all kinds of BS especially if it's night time and there's a full moon.

In FFD Shirou was bitten by a Dead Apostle but thanks to a Bazett /Kirei interrupt and with liberal use of the shroud of Martin they managed to halt the transformation.

So Shirou's Healing factor is even more ridiculous than it once was along with his Stats geting a boost whin its night and his growth curve has gone insane, plus being a little bit of the Blood drinking monster on the side.

haaa.. What I'm trying to say is that the longer he fights the more inhuman he becomes and the higher his stats become.

It somewhat like Medusa's Monstrous Strength skill but with more drawbacks. (He's weaker during the daytime and the moons phase effects how strong he gets for example under a full moon he becomes almost unstoppable/immortal well under new moon it's almost nonexistent just like any other Dead Apostle .)

Question Uni : I just took a look at Shio's profile again and Golden Excalibur and the upgraded Nuke Jutsu are both listed as 7-A+ so doesn't that mean they get locked?

Anyways, looking at all Shirou's stuff that I ever saw when Fray asked me to take a look at his matches it's a yikes for Shio. But at the same time Shio can outrange. I'd normally say Incon. But it's a tourney, tho that may result in a double knockout. No vote for now I guess

They're not 7-A+. They're both possibly 7-A via being far above her normal attacks which are at least 80 megatons.

For this battle, just the 7-B end is being used (At least that's how I take it).

So, here's a question:

Why is Rho Aias being banned for being 7-A in durability? Last I'd checked, the ban on higher tiers for this sort of thing only applied to the AP values, not to the Durability (and certainly not the durability of specific techniques that are also directional shields, at least if this worlds at all like Rho Aias does in its canon.) Are we banning Avalon too, then?

The standards for what is considered "unfair" hax are very undefined, within the thread of origin, which adds to the difficulty of evaluating an already kinda complex match.

I mean, I personally think it should be a given that in brackets like these, higher tiers shouldn't be allowed in any capacity.

That's not a given at all. There are characters whose entire gimmicks revolve around having a hard-to-pierce defense. If it has no reasonable work-around, then it falls under the "no unfair hax" umbrella organically, on its own merits, but we'd not take a character's Super Mode temporary invincibility away from them if that power was a part of their power toolset or somesuch. That's just hamstringing characters due to a following of a rule to-the-letter rather than in spirit: the spirit, here, being to make matches that can be won in each case present.

Having a higher tier than the bracket in discussion, defeats the whole purpose of a tier bracket in the first place (imo).

It's like allowing a 16 year old linebacker in a 10-12 year old football league.

If it's an ability which allows them to become more durable or even have a form of invincibility given a certain mechanism...that's one thing. But outright having higher tier defense is just attempting to cheat the established system (So to speak)

ThePerpetual said:
So, here's a question:
Why is Rho Aias being banned for being 7-A in durability? Last I'd checked, the ban on higher tiers for this sort of thing only applied to the AP values, not to the Durability (and certainly not the durability of specific techniques that are also directional shields, at least if this worlds at all like Rho Aias does in its canon.) Are we banning Avalon too, then?

The standards for what is considered "unfair" hax are very undefined, within the thread of origin, which adds to the difficulty of evaluating an already kinda complex match.
Agreed, however it's not like Shirou is defenseless without it.

For example he has his upgraded reinforcement which is comparable to archers. Then their is his blademail ski(part of his Dead Apostle thing) which can block servant level attacks( Medusa has C rank strength and B rank 'Monstrous Strength') and he also has the Iris lens shield he got from Gill that can rebound any attack launched at it.

and that's not even counting the stuff he got off the servants of the 5th HGW thanks to his pure eyes and are stored in UBW.

Examples being Perseus' Mirror-shield(from rider's history), Lord Camelot(from saber's history), The Pelt of the Divine Beast(from Berserkers history) and Countless others from Gilgamesh.

Edit: UBW is One of the most Hax things around

What?

He'd sooner lose UBW than Rho Aias, UBW is straight-up 7-A in Attack Potency. As is projection spam, for that matter.

Back