• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Semifinals Part 3

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
The semifinal rounds are finished, and our candidates for the final round are predestined. However, who's going to hold the bronze metal? Third place isn't that far from first and second.
Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Magilou, submitted by Phoenixstorm, and Trigger Happy, submitted by Starter Pack.

Mid-Late Game Magilou and Base Trigger are used, although Trigger can transform into his Elite and Legendary Forms. Speed is equal, battle takes place around this overgrown Chapel on Innistrad at 100 meters away.

Magilou scales to violent volcanic eruptions which are lowballed at 24 megatons,Trigger scales to 15 mT quakes and being unharmed by the initial blast of a volcanic eruption.

Magilou's Theme Trigger's Theme
Trigger Happy -

Magilou -

Incon -

Magilou vs Trigger

Guessing Magilou, I'll wait for the knowledgeable folks though

Not permanent but sticks around for a while, don't know what that second thing means. If he gets hit by her gravity manip, it's probably game over, as all of her attacks buff herself and debuff the enemy, in addition to having numerous summons.

I mean, it's simply Gravity Manipulation though, no? I thought light and energy based attacks would only be heavily affected by the likes of Black Hole Creation. And unless Gravity Well prevents anyone from launching any attacks, I think he could still fire his Golden Yamato Blast. Though, it would be very hard for him to do so because of the heavily increased gravity, though having a black dome covering him would help keep Magilou from seeing what he was up to until it's too late.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure it could work. Also, just like with Gintoki's Magiklin, once Trigger Happy gets out of that, he'll immediately jump into Legendary mode to try to even things out.

Fair enough. It seems to prevent people from moving, so we don't know if it stops attacks.

I will post the usual now.

Now, we already know how she fights, at a distance and uses her summons and spells (which buff her and debuff Trigger, by a fairly large amount too, at least 50%)

AP - Magilou scales above someone who, while weakened, could set off the largest volcano in a multi-continent spanning kingdom (possibly the entire planet, there's one continent you don't visit in the game) which should put her a bit above Trigger.

Gravity Manipulation - As stated before, it keeps the opponent in place, I believe if he gets caught in this, it's probably over, as he'd get barraged by summons and spells and even if he survives to get out, Magilou would have gotten even stronger by then while he has only gotten weaker.

Life Manipulation - It is a property of her attacks, meaning she'll be healing as she fights, every hit Trigger takes will be undoing previous damage to Magilou.

Statistics Amplification/Reduction - She amps herself upon casting and weakens the opponent upon her spell making contact, this will turn her AP advantage into a bigger one with each spell and also increase her survivability, I don't believe his Legendary mode will be enough when he's still getting debuffed and his opponent gets stronger.

Actually, here's a good question. How long does Gravity Well last, and how much can Magilou spam it?

It lasts about 5 - 10 seconds, she can use it as much as she likes. At the speeds this fight is happening, that is a long time to be immobile and getting attacked.

Riiiiight.

Well, considering Gravity Manipulation is going to make all of his bullets practically useless, with his only feasible means to attack being his end-all laser blast that takes a while to charge, on top of being stuck in place and being hit with Statistic Reductions that Corrin wish they had and Magilou healing everything coming her way...yeah, this seems a bit lopsided. Not as much as with Anne, but...

I'm gonna be frank, I can't see Trigger Happy winning this. So, I'll vote Magilou for the reasons Phoenix explained so well. If Weekly can see something that he can do to change things, I'll be all for it. But for now, this is my verdict on the situation.

Trigger might have missed the bronze metal, but the furball will have the gold metal in our hearts.

His best odds of winning seems to be against opponents who focus on CQC styles of fighting, as he can manage to keep a good distance and just rain a hail of bullets on his opponents. He was lucky he managed to be squared up against Corrin and Gintoki, of all people, as well as having Bazett get disqualified. If she didn't go, Trigger Happy wouldn't have gotten nearly as far as he did.

I'll vote Magilou FRA. Not much else to be said.

Dargoo Faust said:
Trigger might have missed the bronze metal, but the furball will have the gold metal in our hearts.
Velox and his declaration of war against Trigger Happy might say otherwise. :p

If he actually goes through with the declaration to spite Trigger he'll have to answer to me, considering that's straight up against the rules.

I doubt that'll actually happen, it seemed like they were just venting.

I will say Trigger Happy got pretty fortunate in this bracket to make it this far despite being a relatively haxless character compared to the other semi finalists.

Magilou seems to have taken it.

I'll post the final round when I get back to my place.

He made a much better run than I'm sure anyone expected, especially me.

I'm satisfied.

I still wonder how it would've went against Haru, though...

Back