• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Tenth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Bazette.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Trigger Happy, nominated by Starter Pack, and Corrin (Fire Emblem), submitted by Yobo.

Omega Yato Corrin and Base Trigger Happy is used, although Trigger is allowed to transform into his elite/legendary forms. Speed is equalized, battle takes place here.

Corrin scales to 16 Megatons, Trigger scales to a Magnitude 8 Quake at base, or 15 Megatons.

Trigger Happy -

Corrin (Fire Emblem) -

Incon -

CORRIN
Bigbangartwork

Huh. I thought I submitted Legendary Trigger Happy, who would have a 3X AP advantage over his base form...

Starter Pack said:
Huh. I thought I submitted Legendary Trigger Happy, who would have a 3X AP advantage over his base form...
I'm using base so they're on equal terms in AP when the match starts, although I'm allowing Trigger Happy to transform into his legendary form.

Ah, fair enough. I'll try to come back with an argument in a little bit.

Weekley and I had a conversation that because Skylanders are able to fight between them,their AP Should be 24 megatons

Because some skylanders are able to tank 24 megatons with 0 damage

Jackythejack said:
So...I don't think I need to ask for what Trigger Happy starts off with, heh.
The first thing he'd do? Honestly, he'd probably start by opening fire on Corrin with his twin Golden Guns with reckless abandon.

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Weekley and I had a conversation that because Skylanders are able to fight between them,their AP Should be 24 megatons
I mean

Corrin has like a bagillion differet stuff to amp her own stats and reduce Trigger's stats, one of which outright halves them.

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Right, I remember that conversation. It was because Trigger Happy can scale to Eruptor and Hot Dog, who have survived being in the center of a volcanic eruption with no damage, which is scaled from this.

Dargoo Faust said:
Kazuma kuwabara said:
I mean
Corrin has like a bagillion differet stuff to amp her own stats and reduce Trigger's stats, one of which outright halves them.
I am playing fire emblem fates right now,and all of this abilites have a probability of being activated or not

Some are activated when he attacks and anothers are based of his luck or "skill"

So this battle is if trigger can wins before he has 40 debuffs or not

Do we actually use chance or luck to refer to those abilities? They seem more a decision of game design because, otherwise uh... yeah, those enemies wouldn't last long at all.

Okay, big question to ask, what is Corrin going to do to counter hundreds of 7-B projectiles constantly pelting him from all sides for the entire fight?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Do we actually use chance or luck to refer to those abilities? They seem more a decision of game design because, otherwise uh... yeah, those enemies wouldn't last long at all.
Well

SBA assumes the strongest version of the character

Which would mean Corrin has maximum stats, which includes luck.

With maximum luck + endgame Corrin IDK if there's even stuff that is chance-based that wouldn't activate.

1. Thats still hundreds of projectiles that are 4.5x stronger than Corrin so even if they do half damage thats still over 2x stronger than Corrin's durability, and hundreds of attacks that are that strong.

2. Okay. Can still only be used 4 times but okay.

3. Trigger has an invulnerability ability so he doesnt exactly need to dodge and he can launch himself with his guns when he cant move around on his own.

4. Trigger regularly uses his guns at point blank range, and he has multiple close range abilities that he can use as well.

5. Okay, how much of a chance is there that it will actually work?

Halving his HP?

So Corrin can do the whole divide and boost thing like Issei? If so, that seems like fairly potent hax to me. As that would likely place someone in a different tier after one to two uses of it.

Though if that's fine, I suppose I'll go with Corrin for their hax beating Trigger's immense danmaku.

@Liten Looking through the page there's a very low percent chance the ability will work and it only has three uses max

Dargoo Faust said:
Well

SBA assumes the strongest version of the character

Which would mean Corrin has maximum stats, which includes luck.

With maximum luck + endgame Corrin IDK if there's even stuff that is chance-based that wouldn't activate.
Meant more that I think the abilities relying on chance to activate is a gameplay focused decision because, well, enemies wouldn't last at all if you could abuse abilities whenever you wanted in game. But eh, don't know much about these things.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sir The Ap for Trigger Happy is 24 and in his legendary form its 72
Which is good for Trigger, as that's getting repeatedly reduced and in some cases outright halved.

She can TP Trigger right next to her and reduce his movement to 0 and reduce his evasiveness, meaning he basically has to stand his ground in a melee fight, which isn't exactly something Trigger is skilled at.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Meant more that I think the abilities relying on chance to activate is a gameplay focused decision because, well, enemies wouldn't last at all if you could abuse abilities whenever you wanted in game
Chance based abilities in FE have a higher chance of activating based on the luck stat, yeah. Even in gamplay Corrin could reliably activate abilities like that.

@Dargoo But...Trigger IS skilled in melee combat, and he regularly uses his guns at point blank range, and he has multiple abilities that he has specifically for melee range combat

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo But...Trigger IS skilled in melee combat, and he regularly uses his guns at point blank range, and he has multiple abilities that he has specifically for melee range combat
I strongly doubt Trigger could beat Corrin with his/her sword in close combat.

Hell Trigger should hold the skill advantage by a decent margin seeing as he's one of the most skilled Skylanders in the world, skilled enough to become both one of Eon's Elite warriors AND a Supercharger

You don't really need to be that skilled to use pistols at point blank anyways, that's sorta what they were designed for. Trigger Happy woild seem to have a far easier task of just "point and shoot" as opposed to having to manipulate a sword there.

Wokistan said:
You don't really need to be that skilled to use pistols at point blank anyways, that's sorta what they were designed for. Trigger Happy woild seem to have a far easier task of just "point and shoot" as opposed to having to manipulate a sword there.
Keep in mind Corrin has like, every other magic and skill they have to use at that range, while Trigger is locked in place and has his evasiveness lowered. Being unable to move to avoid attacks while being in the close quarters range of a skilled sword fighter and magic user.

Corrin could just move around as Trigger shoots while repeatedly attacking him with his defenses and health lowered.

@Dargoo Trigger has

An invulnerability ability

He doesnt need to dodge them when he can be undamaged by attacks far weaker than Corrin's

WeeklyBattles said:
An invulnerability ability

He doesnt need to dodge them when he can be undamaged by attacks far weaker than Corrin's
How does the invulnerability work?

How are trigger Happy's bullets speeds relative to him? Are they akin to bullets in that they're too fast to really Dodge or are they just projectiles?

Stored Value: Trigger Happy charges to shoot two coins at once, stunning enemies. Charging longer shoots a barrage of six coins. Trigger Happy is invulnerable while shooting this barrage.

@Wok Theyre faster than himself and he usually has hundreds bouncing around the field at any given time

No hut are they faster in the way that real bullets are compared to people or just move kinda swiftly?

@Wok Theyre significantly faster but not bullet level faster

His Golden Yamato Blast though is MUCH faster and its got a decently large AoE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back