• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Tournament Match 3: Garou vs. Souei (Light Novel)

Souei can use Coercion, which has a multitude of effects one of which is sleep manipulation. It's an intimidation technique, but it's not one of his first moves. Souei does in fact barely make any use of it from what I remember.

Garou has the skill advantage, although Souei isn't a pushover either.

Souei has the AP advantage.

The biggest obstacle for Garou will be Souei's stealth and threads. The fact that Souei ends his fights as quickly as possible also gets in the way of Garou's reactive evolution and adaptability.

I'd say Garou's best bet is that Souei will think he has killed him after his first assault, because he doesn't know that Garou has Regenerationn and is incredibly hard to kill, and that Garou then suprise attacks him.

Not voting yet though, because at the moment I still think the fight could go either way.

It's from his Coercion which is him basically intimidating his enemies but as I recall he doesn't use it much so that wincon is mostly invalidated. Soei starts by using clones (6 is the max) which each of them can use his abilities except his Arts techniques. Then after he activate his clones he hides in the shadow and waiting for the chance to strike at the target. But mostly he use that time to set up multiple thread traps in the battle which is strong and durable enough to shred people to bloodspat.

Like most character in the series, Soei has magic sense which lets him have a 360 vision on a atomic level and can be used to avoid sneak attacks and blind attacks even if the user is blind or deaf.

Yeah I know that but Souei is a smart and cool headed dude that always gets the job done asap. He can stay hidden in the shadow for God knows how long and his thread is special because it is made from Soei's body and as a result it possesses all Tolerance-type Skills of Soei which shows how durable the thread is.

His thread is not visible or impossible to perceive due to how thin it is. He can use his thread to bind Garou and also Soei can fly with his Arts and also transforms his Aura into fighting spirit which increases his physical form meaning a stat amp.

As for the fight, I can see both fighters winning actually. This may sound bias but I believe Souei takes this because he has Magic Sense and Souei's tactic is to hide in the shadow and use his clones to weaken Garou while all the Souei clones can use Souei's ability like his Magic Sense, Shadow motion and Threads but the clone's can't use Arts. While Garou is busy fighting the clones, Souei has already set up the threads all around the battlefield (they're almost unpercievable due to how thin it is) cutting Garou if he made contact to them.

Garou's stamina, skills, analytical prediction RE and IR seems to be a problem to Souei but in my perspectives I think Souei takes this 6/10 hard diff.

Take note: I haven't factor Souei's Coercion in my argument because I don't see or remember him use that much in the story but since he has that, he will eventually use it very late in the fight.

Would his High 6-C even be allowed? This is a 7-A tourney with anything over that restricted. If anything Garou caps out at baseline High 7-A.

Restricting tier jumping here is basically removing Garou's main wincon. It's different because he's not High 6-C instantly, he doesn't start with that. If Souei is smart enough to notice Garou's RE is crazy and kill him on the spot, good for him. But there's a big difference between starting in a High 6-C key (restricted) and RE'ing to High 6-C with time.

I question why Garou is even 7-A if all he going to do is evolve into High 6-C in few seconds. Wouldn't that makes any match with him virtually a stomp since the difference between 7-A and High 6-C is certainly more than 7.5x.

If his main wincon is tier jumping, then whay is he doing in this bracket? Why should everyone else not be allowed to their higher tier stuff while he can? No one else leads with their higher tier stuff instantly either so the same reasoning should apply to them, no? But that just defeats the purpose of having a tier based bracket so allowing out of tier stuff is stupid and shouldn't be allowed.

That difference is practically non existent. None of the other characters can just one shot him so all it meams is that he takes a bit of damage vefore he instantly regens and oneshots because of a ridiculous stat discrepancy. What next? People can use forms that tier jump too? After all, they don't start in that tier right?

Nah, it only makes him OP as all hell. Many characters can kill him in these seconds.

And that is mainly when Garou is pissed off, i'm pretty sure Darkshine might have defeated him if he didn't say the "monster playing" thing

Actually, scrap that, this is overall not allowed anywhere.

" Even if a character has the potential to reach certain tier, the use of any tier between that tier and the one it scales to is not allowed. For example, Avatar of Calamity cannot be used in a vs thread with a tier between 7-B and 2-A or 5-B and 2-A depending on the used key. "

" It is fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup. However, matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case the match can be added. "

Anyways, a few seconds before Garou becomes baseline High 7-A.

Souei is an assassin, if he do CQC with Garou he Will lose badly, but its because he is assassin he Will do what assassin usually do, sneak, and one hit kill, if he success he Will win, if fail he Will probably lose or run to the shadow and incon.

if i remember correctly souei's pretty good in CQC and is able to keep up with benimaru and hakurou, who are some of the most skilled characters in his verse.

Bob8999 said:
if i remember correctly souei's pretty good in CQC and is able to keep up with benimaru and hakurou, who are some of the most skilled characters in his verse.
but he cannot win them in straight CQC epecially his LN version, and even if he can, garou still outsklilled him.

KobsterHope07 said:
I question why Garou is even 7-A if all he going to do is evolve into High 6-C in few seconds. Wouldn't that makes any match with him virtually a stomp since the difference between 7-A and High 6-C is certainly more than 7.5x.
Garou and a bunch of characters are likely losing their 7-A keys soon due to lack of direct/reliable scaling from Gouketsu among other cadres, and his half-monster is probably going to be upgraded to High 6-C for beating GS before becoming awakened.

This is probably how it will be once the changes are done.

You can still debate for this match, it's just not likely staying in his profile for too long.

Back