• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I got excited seeing an MHA character finally broke the 7 tier, so I decided to do this matchup (6-C didn’t work out so I changed to 7-A).

So yeah, I’m doing Luffy Vs. Star and Stripe. We’re using Star and Stripe’s 7-A key and Luffy’s beginning of time skip 7-A (the first one), mostly so I don’t get spoiled since I’m finishing up Zou and haven’t started whole cake island yet. Speed is equalized, and both are in character and don’t know each other’s abilities. Star and Stripe will have access to the intercontinental missiles, and Luffy’s gears are restricted, so he’s stuck in base form.

The battle takes place in, uh, the Dressrosa castle I guess, in the state it was during Doflamingo Vs. Luffy.

Luffy:

Star and Stripe: 1

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So? I literally said in the OP title that she has them in this matchup. It’s an official key, so I don’t see the issue here.
They're also nowhere near enough to win her shit and they take time to get around to coming. Luffy has like 50 chances to one-shot her with a vast skill and AP advantage.

They're also nowhere near enough to win her shit and they take time to get around to coming. Luffy has like 50 chances to one-shot her with a vast skill and AP advantage.
Welp, should’ve known this wasn’t gonna work.

I’ll just change Star and Stripe’s key to 7-A and Luffy’s to his first 7-A (not his high 7-A one).

Welp, should’ve known this wasn’t gonna work.

I’ll just change Star and Stripe’s key to 7-A and Luffy’s to his first 7-A (not his high 7-A one).
Luffy still has a skill stomp worthy skill advantage and can hop tiers unless his higher gears are restricted

I mean, Star can simply delete the air from existence and then end
Hasn’t he dealt with an opponent who could do that though? I wouldn’t say it’s an automatic end if she does that, unless the space in which she does it is too large for Luffy to get out of.

I mean, Star can simply delete the air from existence and then end
That's too slow for Making Star win. Plus Luffy can just leave the area of effect for that so he can breathe, or he uses his range to pull himself out of harms way and proceeds to use his range to just beat her ass at a range.

Sadly I think this is a stomp for Luffy, he has every advantage he could need to completely wash Star here.

I’m gonna wait and see if other people think it’s a stomp, but I don’t think it is because Star’s quirk is quite powerful. Don’t forget that she placed a rule on shigaraki that would’ve killed him had star identified him correctly. I think something similar could be done here if she plays her cards right. Remember that neither is aware of the other’s abilities, so that’s a big advantage for star here. I’m not saying star wins for sure but I don’t think it’s a stomp for this reason.

I’m gonna wait and see if other people think it’s a stomp, but I don’t think it is because Star’s quirk is quite powerful. Don’t forget that she placed a rule on shigaraki that would’ve killed him had star identified him correctly. I think something similar could be done here if she plays her cards right. Remember that neither is aware of the other’s abilities, so that’s a big advantage for star here. I’m not saying star wins for sure but I don’t think it’s a stomp for this reason.
Star needs to know Luffy's real name, say it out loud, be touching him, and say the rule she wants to put on him. That is very slow and gives many chances for Luffy to completely invalidate it.
Without air you die instantly, your muscles stop working, and you lose brain function. It is impossible to escape from a vacuum
Good thing Luffy is rubber.

Do you have any proof that Luffy's body was work out of air? Any proof that blood would circulate in his muscles and brain even in a vacuum? No, there is not. He will simply die instantly

Would Star be more likely to win if I gave each character basic knowledge of each other (names, basic power descriptions, etc.), or would that give Luffy an advantage still because he’d know star’s quirk and try to avoid being touched (thinking about it now they’re speed equalized so I’m not sure how that would go).

Also, I don’t think Star has to be continually touching the target to set the rule, just touching the target and then setting the rule then should work (with knowledge of Luffy’s name so it works). That’s how it seems to be described on Star’s profile at least, I can’t remember if in the manga she has to be or not.

Luffy without knowledge of her attacks
0671-014.png

Luffy with knowledge of her attack
0681-007.png
0681-008.png
0681-009.png
0681-010.png

The fact that Luffy has fought a foe with that ability just stops all chances of him getting the air deleted.

And Luffy can just stretch out of the range

Normal humans can stay conscious for around 15 seconds in a vacuum (Luffy isn't normal, so he can last for much longer and he moves far faster than a normal human). Luffy won't instantly be knocked out and he can easily just jump out of the range. Her vacuum is only 100 meters and she can't use it if he's too close or she'll risk suffocating herself.

But without any knowledge of her abilities, Luffy would give his name when ask and she can stop his heart with one touch. Star's missiles are worthless unless her opponent stands still, so they have no bearing on this fight.

Luffy does outrange her, is more skilled in CQC, and is able to handle her vacuum. In a fight with knowledge of each others abilities, Star's Air Giant would be the most troubling thing since she could restrain him with it via higher lifting strength. I assume Haki would allow Luffy to notice and avoid her invisible giant correct?

Since Luffy gives his name rather easily, would this be considered a stomp if they lack knowledge of each other?

Star can get Luffy's name easily at least, Luffy is know for NEVER hiding his name if someone asks.
I didn’t even think about this. Would that mean star stomps then or would Luffy still have a chance? I say this because Luffy’s attacks are melee and all star has to do is touch him and the battle is basically over.

Star not a murderer tho, the only time she does that “move or you die” is against villains. Luffy’s relatively a hero, not too sure that she’d kill em

Star not a murderer tho, the only time she does that “move or you die” is against villains. Luffy’s relatively a hero, not too sure that she’d kill em
She doesn't know that, SBA means she wants to kill him but will remain in character. I mean these two wouldn't fight period, unless Luffy was a known criminal to her she has no business fighting him and he has no business fighting her. When Star is willing to kill, she had no problem with erasing to air to suffocate or stopping a person's heart.

"In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." Her usual battle strategies is erase air, and try to touch them so she can stop their heart if they move.

Luffy without knowledge of her attacks
0671-014.png

Luffy with knowledge of her attack
0681-007.png
0681-008.png
0681-009.png
0681-010.png

The fact that Luffy has fought a foe with that ability just stops all chances of him getting the air deleted.

And Luffy can just stretch out of the range
Well, you are right, but i think we are using FMI Luffy, not sure tho

Can anyone maybe start giving a vote towards one or the other? Unless you think it’s a stomp in either direction.

Back