• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It is not about eliminating what a vs would be like between the 2 and ignoring such a great weakness would not be correct

The entire vs is explained, it can be assumed that they have a soul but not that they have ki nen or chakra if they are not from the verse and since they are vital energies but jujutsu is sorcery and it cannot be assumed that non-magical verses or verses without supernatural energies suddenly they have magic
It’s not really a great weakness because every living thing in JJK has CE, it’s a fundamental part of the verse, similarly to how a soul is.

JJK has Cursed energy as a fundamental part of everyone just like a soul in some verses are a fundamental part of everyone. It’s negative emotions which every verse has, similar so, in regards to vs wiki it’s assumed the attacks against different verses will land based on standard battle assumptions. Again see chakra working against other verses that don’t have chakra in them, it’s the standard battle assumption that your attacks work on your opponent and saying otherwise to Gojo’s domain expansion not working on Stars and Stripes would be eliminating what a vs match would look like.

It’s not really a great weakness because every living thing in JJK has CE, it’s a fundamental part of the verse, similarly to how a soul is.

JJK has Cursed energy as a fundamental part of everyone just like a soul in some verses are a fundamental part of everyone. It’s negative emotions which every verse has, similar so, in regards to vs wiki it’s assumed the attacks against different verses will land based on standard battle assumptions. Again see chakra working against other verses that don’t have chakra in them, it’s the standard battle assumption that your attacks work on your opponent and saying otherwise to Gojo’s domain expansion not working on Stars and Stripes would be eliminating what a vs match would look like.
That would not be entirely correct since it is rarely said that some ability does not affect someone who does not have that supernatural energy.
The vs take advantages and disadvantages from there you can't hit a cursed spirit.
and even more the fact that this would not affect all vs only those without magic, it simply makes the domains of jujutsu incompatible even with certain vs as happens to many other verses like bleach that cannot hit them without non-physical interaction .

If the domains did not specifically say what the cursed energy points to, it could not be considered weakness, but if it is, in the verses the soul is taken for granted, as well as the vital energy, but they are not given something that they do not have as It is the nen not being able to wake it up even if another nen user hits you, this is simply an incompatible match.

Not everything cancels out everything and not everything works against everything. If I did, believe me, it wouldn't be so damn difficult to make a vs with bleach, which has had that problem for a long time.

this is simply an incompatible match.
It is not, again I don’t think this is a correct interpretation of standard battle assumptions, especially with the bleach example you gave.

Bleach characters not able to be interacted with because they’re souls is a fundamental part of the verse, hence why that fundamental aspect of the verse is carried over because they’re souls and can’t be seen.

But the point you’re presenting is that if a verse doesn’t have a soul confirmed to be in it, Bleach characters attacks which harm the souls don’t work on said characters because that verse isn’t confirmed to have souls in it and is such “incompatible” to put against a Bleach character, which is by no means the standard that’s employed on the wiki when it comes to vs matches.

But if you wanna say like “soul manipulation can be assumed to work in vs matches” then by the same reason we can assume assume things like domain expansions work in outside vs matches since cursed energy itself is just negative emotions.

But besides all that, the real only thing that says this of any other vs match is “incompatible” is…you, or I, or anyone else. It’s vs matches, it’s battles made for entertainment, and I personally don’t think it’s entertaining or right to exclude vital abilities like domain expansions off from the matches when their absolutely is no need for it to be that case at all, in the same way I don’t think genjutsu should be excluded from matches for the same reason.

It is not, again I don’t think this is a correct interpretation of standard battle assumptions, especially with the bleach example you gave.

Bleach characters not able to be interacted with because they’re souls is a fundamental part of the verse, hence why that fundamental aspect of the verse is carried over because they’re souls and can’t be seen.

But the point you’re presenting is that if a verse doesn’t have a soul confirmed to be in it, Bleach characters attacks which harm the souls don’t work on said characters because that verse isn’t confirmed to have souls in it and is such “incompatible” to put against a Bleach character, which is by no means the standard that’s employed on the wiki when it comes to vs matches.

But if you wanna say like “soul manipulation can be assumed to work in vs matches” then by the same reason we can assume assume things like domain expansions work in outside vs matches since cursed energy itself is just negative emotions.

But besides all that, the real only thing that says this of any other vs match is “incompatible” is…you, or I, or anyone else. It’s vs matches, it’s battles made for entertainment, and I personally don’t think it’s entertaining or right to exclude vital abilities like domain expansions off from the matches when their absolutely is no need for it to be that case at all, in the same way I don’t think genjutsu should be excluded from matches for the same reason.
Cursed energy is not just negative emotions, it produces negative emotions, but it is not only that.
Ki in db is made up of mind, body and spirit and is not pronounced in verses that are not said.

In many verses the magic comes from the mana of the environment and you do not see it given to non-magical verses because they also have an environment,

You literally have to assume that a verse where the idea of curses, sorcery, or magic is never raised can produce that energy.

The soul is a standard until otherwise stated, not so with the power systems of the worlds, Bleach is just one example.

The eraser head won't cancel the cursed techniques, right?
When has it ever been seen in vs that someone who has never had anything to do with magic suddenly gets mana? or directly the power of the opposite verse.

But part of the entertainment is the weaknesses and incompatibilities. If it weren't like that, those things wouldn't be put in the profiles. Star can't just command the cursed energy to let her exist, since she only did it with air.

and the reason this can be considered incompatible is because in other verses domains would work, magic verses or espers like mobs that draw their power directly from emotions, you know, supernatural energies and not biological mutants.

This is going to go round and round

But part of the entertainment are the weaknesses and incompatibilities. If it were not like that, those things would not be put in the profiles. Star cannot simply order the cursed energy to let it exist since it only did so with air.

and the reason why this can be considered incompatible is because in other verses the domains would work, magical verses or supers, you know, supernatural energies and not biological mutants.

No, It's not essential for life it's an energy dependent on negative emotion, Do animals have it? (the panda is a special case)
I mean Kenjaku could just use animals fears instead of getting US army to Japan.

in the verses the soul is taken for granted
the only reason I mention the soul examples is because it doesn't look like DE affect people with more than one soul or possessed at the same time.
Mahito getting scared from Sukuna when Yuji entered his domain by force and Sukuna being able to survive Goji's DE by directing it to Megumi. (just a theory)

It's literally an energy produced by human, It's not a universal energy, we can't say aliens, animals, machines or other lifeforms have it until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
Cursed energy is not just negative emotions, it produces negative emotions, but it is not only that
It’s literally just that.
twLK3cz_d.webp

In many verses the magic comes from the mana of the environment
And this proves my point further, if mana is considered the life energy of one verse, with a character being able to absorb that life energy from the environment, but we do a vs match set outside that specific verse, the character in question doesn’t lose the ability to suck the life out of the environment, they are still assumed to have and be capable of doing the same set of powers they demonstrated in their own verse, when put in an outside vs matchup.

They don’t lose that ability based on the vs match, you’re just creating problems that don’t need to exist.
You literally have to assume that a verse where the idea of curses, sorcery, or magic is never raised can produce that energy.
Again, it’s literally just negative emotions. Negative emotions are considered to produce negative energy in JJK. Something which regular people have and emit and nothing is different about them. In fact not having cursed energy leads to something entirely unique in its own right that is not shared with Stars and Stripes.
The soul is a standard until otherwise stated, not so with the power systems of the worlds, Bleach is just one example.
Then this makes this an entirely arbitrary discussion and standard to set. If you’re willing to set it in regards to souls and soul manipulation then there is no reason this shouldn’t be the case in regards to other things.
But part of the entertainment is the weaknesses and incompatibilities. If it weren't like that, those things wouldn't be put in the profiles
But it’s not in the profile. The “weakness” that you’re mentioning of domains not working isn’t mentioned in Gojo’s profile whatsoever, and this isn’t particularly a “weakness” of the ability or Gojo himself, mlre a fundamental aspect of the verse. Everyone has cursed energy out of them except those who are born with a heavenly restriction, which Stars and Stripes was not born with. Hence why it’s more so a stripping of Gojo’s ability rather than an actual weakness to exploit. Rather it’s an advantage the characters who have a heavenly restriction possess.
and the reason why this can be considered incompatible is because in other verses the domains would work, magical verses or supers, you know, supernatural energies and not biological mutants
Again, the only one saying this and the only one considering that this cannot work would be you, because in the same way you allow for soul manipulation to work, this can also work.

Like I said, it’s vs matches, it can work.

It’s literally just that.
twLK3cz_d.webp

And this proves my point further, if mana is considered the life energy of one verse, with a character being able to absorb that life energy from the environment, but we do a vs match set outside that specific verse, the character in question doesn’t lose the ability to suck the life out of the environment, they are still assumed to have and be capable of doing the same set of powers they demonstrated in their own verse, when put in an outside vs matchup.

They don’t lose that ability based on the vs match, you’re just creating problems that don’t need to exist.

Again, it’s literally just negative emotions. Negative emotions are considered to produce negative energy in JJK. Something which regular people have and emit and nothing is different about them. In fact not having cursed energy leads to something entirely unique in its own right that is not shared with Stars and Stripes.

Then this makes this an entirely arbitrary discussion and standard to set. If you’re willing to set it in regards to souls and soul manipulation then there is no reason this shouldn’t be the case in regards to other things.

But it’s not in the profile. The “weakness” that you’re mentioning of domains not working isn’t mentioned in Gojo’s profile whatsoever, and this isn’t particularly a “weakness” of the ability or Gojo himself, mlre a fundamental aspect of the verse. Everyone has cursed energy out of them except those who are born with a heavenly restriction, which Stars and Stripes was not born with. Hence why it’s more so a stripping of Gojo’s ability rather than an actual weakness to exploit. Rather it’s an advantage the characters who have a heavenly restriction possess.

Again, the only one saying this and the only one considering that this cannot work would be you, because in the same way you allow for soul manipulation to work, this can also work.

Like I said, it’s vs matches, it can work.
I already answer each of those things and you just do the same.
Yes. The cursed energy comes from negative emotions, but they are not just that, otherwise angry maki and toji would be detected, the ability to produce it or transform emotion tokens into energy is needed.
and yes, magic types are not prevented from having mana from the environment, gojo would still produce cursed energy but not star since he would literally be giving the characteristics of a person from a verse to the opponent.
, the cursed energy is not even vital, maki and toji are the examples and they still have a soul.

They continue to make Jujutsu updates, with a fairly clear and extensive explanation of the domains in the Maki vs Naoya battle and it would be strange if they did not take that into account.

As I say, this will go around and around, I'm going to wait for the jujutsu to emerge and see the domains versus verses without magic or emotional energies.

There are things compatible in vs and others that are not, it is part of what is entertaining, and for something to be taken into account it has to be remembered or said, no longer being the only one who takes that into account.

I already answer each of those things and you just do the same.
There are some things misunderstood here, but seeing as this conversation seems to be going in circles I’m just gonna make this post short and brief to highlight my point and clear anything up.
and yes, magic types are not prevented from having mana from the environment, gojo would still produce cursed energy but not star since he would literally be giving the characteristics of a person from a verse to the opponent.
You misunderstand me, the example I’m illustrating is the fact that if a person’s power is, for example, to absorb the mana from the surrounding environment (for example: Anodites from Ben 10), but you were to do a vs match where the location is set in the My Hero Academia world for example, the character under this logic would lose the ability to absorb the energy from the surrounding environment because the MHA world isn’t confirmed to have mana in the environment and thus the match would be “incompatible”.

But that’s not how it’s done on the wiki, if a match like that were to happen, the characters abilities would still be assumed to work, it would just be said to absorb the “life energy” of the environment rather than specifically mana. Your abilities aren’t just lost in vs matches.
There are things compatible in vs and others that are not, it is part of what is entertaining,
Like I said, only thing that makes this or any match compatible or not is you the person debating. You choose what you call compatible or not, because if you really wanted to, you could get real nitty gritty and say the specific differences between magic in one verse vs magic in another is enough to make them “incompatible” or you could say you can’t use soul manipulation on verses without souls in them.

You’re deciding those rules in vs matches, it’s all in good fun, and personally, I don’t think it’s particularly entertaining to exclude intrinsic abilities a character possess, especially in a vs match where you’re trying to decide “who would win” based on those characters’ abilities.

Yup, this isn't going anywhere.
You have to give Star cursed energy, ignore what was explained in Maki vs Naoya or give Gojo a domain that works even without the accurate hit.

I will wait

Yup, this isn't going anywhere.
You have to give Star cursed energy, ignore what was explained in Maki vs Naoya or give Gojo a domain that works even without the accurate hit.

I will wait
Naw, you just have to read the actual words on the manga panels. Gojo's domain targets everything in the domain and anything not touching Gojo gets hit. That's that.

Also highly arguable that CE should scale to other people as regular humans and animals have CT, just not useable, similar to chakra in that regard. Anything sentient also has cognition and perception, which are the two things CE is spawned from. Either way it doesn't really matter, Star is getting turned into a potato if she gets exposed to the void.

CE is exclusive to humans.
No it's produced by it, it's like saying anyone who have a soul produce mana.
It's literally just humans, HR is just a CE law that give them strong body instead of CE.
You misunderstand me, the example I’m illustrating is the fact that if a person’s power is, for example, to absorb the mana from the surrounding environment (for example: Anodites from Ben 10), but you were to do a vs match where the location is set in the My Hero Academia world for example, the character under this logic would lose the ability to absorb the energy from the surrounding environment because the MHA world isn’t confirmed to have mana in the environment and thus the match would be “incompatible”.
mana exist in the environment living things like life force, while CE is limited to humans(no animals, no machines, no environment) and it's not fundamental.
Naw, you just have to read the actual words on the manga panels. Gojo's domain targets everything in the domain and anything not touching Gojo gets hit. That's that.

Also highly arguable that CE should scale to other people as regular humans and animals have CT, just not useable, similar to chakra in that regard. Anything sentient also has cognition and perception, which are the two things CE is spawned from. Either way it doesn't really matter, Star is getting turned into a potato if she gets exposed to the void.
wow that's alot of NLF.
Not anyone should have it unlike chakra which rely on stamina and spiritual energy, What happen without CE nothing it's just a byproduct of negative emotion of humans, show me an animal that have CE? (the panda is artificial)
As I say, this will go around and around, I'm going to wait for the jujutsu to emerge and see the domains versus verses without magic or emotional energies.
example of JJk fans using limitless to never reach an actual answer.

wow that's alot of NLF.
Not anyone should have it unlike chakra which rely on stamina and spiritual energy, What happen without CE nothing it's just a byproduct of negative emotion of humans, show me an animal that have CE? (the panda is artificial)
It's not NFL, it's how the powers work. All sentient life would have these facultes. Maki and Toji explicitly have things added to their nature which make them different. Regular users from other universes are not Heavenly restricted, especially when regular humans exist in JJK.

Mei Mei literally uses Crows to have them commit suicide and override their typically ass CE levels, so yes, animals too have CE.

How about this?
star attacks gojo touches infinity and says "a thousand metrol around me there will be no cursed energy"
I mean, apparently it's okay to ignore detailed explanations, limits, weaknesses and invent that you can do something that was never proposed that way, just because it's a vs and apparently these things don't matter.
notice the problem?

the celestial halberd inverted well that touched it, and the expansion of domain, and the meaningless cut of sukuna, that infinity has no meaning when bringing a concept to the physical plane letting physical things affect it

Beside, Cursed energy is based on information type 2 and is conceptual in nature. Star doesnt have feats to control such aspects

But with Star you have to take everything as they say without inventing anything, but with Gojo you have to pretend that those things don't matter.

The amount of gaslighting and mental gymnastics coming from the Star side is hilarious.
To summarize, it is simply said that if they say explicitly that magic is needed for the domains to do so, they will not work with people without magic, it is logical,
That some abilities do not affect other verses is not so rare and more so because it is not as if it were against all the verses only against the non-magical ones.

and I know perfectly well that that's not how star works but I'm listening to its logic.

It's not NFL, it's how the powers work. All sentient life would have these facultes. Maki and Toji explicitly have things added to their nature which make them different. Regular users from other universes are not Heavenly restricted, especially when regular humans exist in JJK.
It is.
only if sentient= humans in JJK
Mei Mei literally uses Crows to have them commit suicide and override their typically ass CE levels, so yes, animals too have CE.
this is a CT.
It's like saying magma and rocks have CE because Jogo use them, and the plant cursed spirit (forgot the name) was using plants doesn't mean normal plants have CE, also alot of objects (Yuji's dagger,...) have CE because they are infused with it artificially or made from cursed spirit and not naturally.

all of them are not natural, show a proof of a nonhuman naturally producing CE.

It is.
only if sentient= humans in JJK
Nope.
this is a CT.
It's like saying magma and rocks have CE because Jogo use them, and the plant cursed spirit (forgot the name) was using plants doesn't mean normal plants have CE, also alot of objects (Yuji's dagger,...) have CE because they are infused with it artificially or made from cursed spirit and not naturally.

all of them are not natural, show a proof of a nonhuman naturally producing CE.
It's not, you should try actually reading what is wrote instead of just making up dumb responses not all correlated to the content.

"By forcing a crow to commit suicide, the tradeoff...is to erase the cursed energy limit of a typically weak bird (crow), and hurl it at the enemy."
Mei Mei is not giving birds CE. She controls them to commit suicide, the byproduct being a large release of CE via binding vow, which is then hurled at the enemy. ergo, all she is doing is forcing the suicide, the birds already naturally have CE which is "typically weak" and limited compared to humans naturally.

If I'm wrong prove it
It's not, you should try actually reading what is wrote instead of just making up dumb responses not all correlated to the content.
you should try it yourself.
most of what you mention is just assumptions or fan theory at best.
Mei Mei is not giving birds CE. She controls them to commit suicide, the byproduct being a large release of CE via binding vow, which is then hurled at the enemy. ergo, all she is doing is forcing the suicide, the birds already naturally have CE which is "typically weak" and limited compared to humans naturally.
Can you prove It's not artificial?
She have some kind of contract with them similar to a familiar.

all you have to do is show a prove that nonhuman naturally produce CE.

Not how that works. You made the claim that they don't, ergo you need to prove that they don't have CE.
they have CE but it's not naturally produced by them.
Animals can have negative feelings and have inherent fears, two prerequisites for Cursed energy.
and a lot of cursed Items have it because they can be infuse with it.

again, show anything nonhuman that have CE naturally.

Can you prove It's not artificial?
I'm not going to prove your assertion lmao. You are the one who has to substantiate your claim.
She have some kind of contract with them similar to a familiar.
She doesn't. Her CT is blackbird control. All she can do is control the birds. The birds have their own native CT. She abused binding vows to force them to commit suicide for crazy CE amps. This isn't even like an super complex thing, so no reason for you to be this obtuse.
all you have to do is show a prove that nonhuman naturally produce CE.
Literally just did.

As for other cnce beings, it has been seen in 2 cases
with the crows and the cockroaches.
but both manipulated by a third party being kurourushi and mei mei.
Is there a good chance that it is the sorcerers who reinforce them, or force them to produce it? I don't think cockroaches have negative emotions,
Have animals been seen interacting with the barriers in any way? I don't think I've seen anything like that.

I'm not going to prove your assertion lmao. You are the one who has to substantiate your claim.
have you read any previous comment?
You're the one who bring stuff up with no proof.
She doesn't. Her CT is blackbird control. All she can do is control the birds. The birds have their own native CT. She abused binding vows to force them to commit suicide for crazy CE amps. This isn't even like an super complex thing, so no reason for you to be this obtuse.
can you prove it?
Literally just did.
in that case all you have to do is repeat it.
what's the comment number?

Is there a good chance that it is the sorcerers who reinforce them, or force them to produce it? I don't think cockroaches have negative emotions,
Have animals been seen interacting with the barriers in any way? I don't think I've seen anything like that.
exactly, like a familiar.
they can infuse object with it so why the can't do the same for animals?

Last edited:
Back