• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(7-6-0) Heavy Weapons Guy... It was nice to meet you. Goodbye. | Asgore vs. Heavy

Still, tho. A lot of this argument stems from the idea that Asgore would stand around and do nothing. Like, what's stopping Asgore from crossing the distance between them during the 1.8 second revving time for Heavy and attacking with his trident? Or the fact that since Asgore has a 3x advantage over Heavy, he is going to be able to tank Heavy's starring volley for long enough to whip out his attack - which takes a second for Asgore to do, IMO, judging from the video - that screws Heavy heavily, due to him standing still or moving slowly when firing his minigun, and since Asgore's starting fireballs automatically go towards their targets - Heavy is in trouble.

Also, since there is no prior knowledge and the distance is just eight meters, what's stopping Heavy from whipping out his shotgun instead and attacking with that first? Or the gloves of running urgently and engaging in melee? We do have to also take into consideration of the other heavy weapons that I gave him for this match, after all.

Still, tho. A lot of this argument stems from the idea that Asgore would stand around and do nothing. Like, what's stopping Asgore from crossing the distance between them during the 1.8 second revving time for Heavy and attacking with his trident? Or the fact that since Asgore has a 3x advantage over Heavy, he is going to be able to tank Heavy's starring volley for long enough to whip out his attack - which takes a second for Asgore to do, IMO, judging from the video - that screws Heavy heavily, due to him standing still or moving slowly when firing his minigun, and since Asgore's starting fireballs automatically go towards their targets - Heavy is in trouble.

Also, since there is no prior knowledge and the distance is just eight meters, what's stopping Heavy from whipping out his shotgun instead and attacking with that first? Or the gloves of running urgently and engaging in melee? We do have to also take into consideration of the other heavy weapons that I gave him for this match, after all.
Okay and Asgore is doing this with a hole in the head how? Or a new asshole where his stomach should be. Cause that's what piercing damage does. Its practically dura neg.

Heavy's first and foremost option will 100% of the time be his minigun.

Still, tho. A lot of this argument stems from the idea that Asgore would stand around and do nothing.
If Asgore moves, Heavy just readjusts his aim.
Like, what's stopping Asgore from crossing the distance between them during the 1.8 second revving time for Heavy and attacking with his trident?
He doesn’t lead with that.
Or the fact that since Asgore has a 3x advantage over Heavy, he is going to be able to tank Heavy's starring volley for long enough to whip out his attack
He won’t survive being shot a few dozen times, let alone over 100.
- which takes a second for Asgore to do, IMO
It takes longer than that. I timed it, and its around 1.7 seconds before the fireballs start moving. So Heavy will already have shot around 137 bullets at Asgore by the time the fireballs begin moving.
judging from the video - that screws Heavy heavily, due to him standing still or moving slowly when firing his minigun, and since Asgore's starting fireballs automatically go towards their targets - Heavy is in trouble.
Not if Asgore gets dusted by the time the fireballs even begin moving.
Why would Heavy ever do that? Sasha is his favorite gun. He would only resort to his shotgun or melee if he had to.

Okay, where did that come from? The piercing damage thing since this is literally the first time ever that I came around your argument with it, and I've been lurking here since before the forum move. Still, I think there is enough time for Asgore to attack.

... But, I wonder if I should even argue for Asgore since I am the thread maker here. shouldn't I be natural or just be the one who keeps count of votes? Wouldn't that make me biased against Heavy or something? Like Heavy is getting all of these supporters, but Asgore isn't getting much. Like should I wait for other people to come in Asgore's defense or something? This is not what I expected when making this thread - kinda thought it would've died and be forgotten like my other threads.

Okay, where did that come from? The piercing damage thing since this is literally the first time ever that I came around your argument with it, and I've been lurking here since before the forum move. Still, I think there is enough time for Asgore to attack.
piercing damage only really comes up in threads with guns but is never really mentioned either, a normal bullet can apsolutely penetrate something 3x stronger then it's KE, let alone the big ass caliber Heavy uses

Okay, where did that come from? The piercing damage thing since this is literally the first time ever that I came around your argument with it, and I've been lurking here since before the forum move.
I mean, piercing does much more damage than blunt force trauma, since it's a lot more force centered in a much smaller surface area.
Still, I think there is enough time for Asgore to attack.
Not with what he leads with. His fireballs don't even begin moving for 1.7 seconds. In that time, Asgore will have been shot over/around 100 times.
... But, I wonder if I should even argue for Asgore since I am the thread maker here. shouldn't I be natural or just be the one who keeps count of votes? Wouldn't that make me biased against Heavy or something? Like Heavy is getting all of these supporters, but Asgore isn't getting much. Like should I wait for other people to come in Asgore's defense or something? This is not what I expected when making this thread - kinda thought it would've died and be forgotten like my other threads.
You're allowed to make arguments/corrections for either side, that's completely fine. The OP voting on their own thread isn't recommended, since the thread would be quite biased then.

You're allowed to make arguments/corrections for either side, that's completely fine. The OP voting on their own thread isn't recommended, since the thread would be quite biased then.
I thought OP could vote on their own thread due to this thread.

The logic is sound and has been approved by mods from what I can see... Can see your logic in it making the thread maker biased, but if it is allowed, then meh... nyeh, actually doing verse threads is harder than I thought.

I thought OP could vote on their own thread due to this thread.

The logic is sound and has been approved by mods from what I can see... Can see your logic in it making the thread maker biased, but if it is allowed, then meh... nyeh, actually doing verse threads is harder than I thought.
There is no rule forbidding you from voting on your own thread, it's just not recommended because bias and such.

Damanku, Heavy's tendency and his implied experience he taught to fish woman.
Bullet in the head that Asgore can't dodge ever because he doesn't have reactions like 100x or so above his combat speed. Also Heavy can, ya know, dodge the obviously supernatural fire with his subsonic+ reactions compared to his Athletic Human combat speed, which Asgore would be equalized to the ladder.

I'll vote for Heavy. Asgore winning with danmaku doesn't really make sense when one of them takes time for him to set up, and the other follows a ridiculously linear path. Heavy can, as has been said four thousand times, spray him with lead, and can possibly outrun the projectiles with his gloves.

Oh yeah, and another small thing, according to the story, Heavy was just on a killing spree before he fought Asgore. So he now has around a 10% chance of dealing random crits, which triples his damage. It’s a fairly low chance, but still should be noted.

Don’t know if it’s been counted, but I obviously vote Heavy.

POOTIS ENGAGE // EXTREME fra

I... been thinking about if I should restore the distance between Asgore and Heavy back to 10 meters or move it up to either 15 or 20 meters. Or a neutral 12 meters. If Asgore gets immediately killed without being able to do his starting move that would be a tad bit unfair. Or maybe I have been overthinking this since piercing damage negates Asgore 3x durability advantage from what I hear from Reaper, I kinda been thinking that moving to 8 meters may have unintentionally given Heavy an advantage in this completely netural match

Oh yeah, and another small thing, according to the story, Heavy was just on a killing spree before he fought Asgore. So he now has around a 10% chance of dealing random crits, which triples his damage. It’s a fairly low chance, but still should be noted.

Don’t know if it’s been counted, but I obviously vote Heavy.
Also, uh... the backstory is just for fun and has no actual bearing on the match itself.

The closer heavy is the faster he wins.
His guns are all designed to be used when close.
He also can't move at a reasonable pace and shoot at the same time, even with shotguns; he has to use special melee gloves for that and it makes him die faster.

I don't know if it really matters. The DPS of the Minigun still ensures that Asgore is shot at least several dozen times, which should still be enough to kill him.

As an Undertale supporter: Heavy FRA.

His wincons simply seem far more consistent, and one has to consider murderous intent + piercing damage as well.

Well, going back to the logic here

Heavy has a 1,8 cooldown before his weapon start firing, If asgore is able toget out of heavy line of sight he can just jump around him sinse heavy has slow turning speed and even lower whem his minigun is spining

Well, going back to the logic here

Heavy has a 1,8 cooldown before his weapon start firing, If asgore is able toget out of heavy line of sight he can just jump around him sinse heavy has slow turning speed and even lower whem his minigun is spining
I'm pretty sure he can still easily make hairpin turns and unfortunately for Asgore, a 9-A bullet is going right through any wall lol

9-A bullet is going right through any wall lol
It does? I how I never heard of that? well, guess my TF2 gameplay just got better sinse now I can shoot trough wall/J

No, It will not, unfortunetly, to much focus into piercing damge and walls and things like this normaly have pircering resistence

I'm pretty sure he can still easily make hairpin turns and unfortunately for Asgore
Hairpin turns? and isn't asgore able to dodge danmaku? dodging from a guy turning around shouldn't be as dificult

It does? I how I never heard of that? well, guess my TF2 gameplay just got better sinse now I can shoot trough wall/J

No, It will not, unfortunetly, to much focus into piercing damge and walls and things like this normaly have pircering resistence

Hairpin turns? and isn't asgore able to dodge danmaku? dodging from a guy turning around shouldn't be as dificult
Bullets is still supersonic.

Wait.
@DaReaperMan
You.
You said in vs Jesus fight that Sniper Rifle is equalized to speed and it's now Peak Human bullet

Heavy's bullets are pretty damn big, I don't think that's an issue, since gameplay in TF2 Kinda has to be taken for game mechanics and such.

That would have been true if speed wasn't equal, but Asgore is equalized to Above Average Human, exact same as Heavy, while the ladder is used to fighting people faster them him, espeically with his listed supersonic bullets and subsonic+ reactions
Wait.
@DaReaperMan
You.
You said in vs Jesus fight that Sniper Rifle is equalized to speed and it's now Peak Human bullet
I said it was there because his sniper Rifle wasn't given a higher rating then Jesus in speed.

Just don't be in the line they wil be shooted, heavy has a slow as turning seed and asgore has 1,8 seconds to get out of the way before the minigun starts shooting
90% sure that is game mechanics BTW, Heavy has never had any real issues turning on a dime, even seen in his first appearance in Meet the Heavy.

That would have been true if speed wasn't equal, but Asgore is equalized to Above Average Human, exact same as Heavy, while the ladder is used to fighting people faster them him, espeically with his listed supersonic bullets and subsonic+ reactions
Heavy speed is always slowed down whem he's minigun is spinning so heavy would still have speed disavantage here

Back