• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Celestial Pegasus said:
Tohru is irrelevant, lille carried the team, switching with iron man wouldn't have been much of a difference, iron isn't particularly hax either.
So we have a good number for the lille team then,can probably move on.
I think we should replace Tohru with Merlin (NNT) , she will really help Lille in the next round , Tohru is useless

Merlin would be better yes, gonna replace tohru then.

Yes i know that's 3 for nanatsu, but meh just trying to balance this out.

@Roy will lead into NLF territory if we say he could copy lille's abilities though, if you say he can copy his opponents abilities what exactly stops him from copying hajime and yue's concept magic? Would be ridiculous to say he could, so we have to limit him by what he has been shown to copy, if he has copied abilities equal to or greater than the ones lille has only then i would agree he could copy his abilities.

Either way I don't think you can argue that August will be able to use something like Crash magic in a vs battle because Gildarts simply woudn't be around for August to copy that ability off. As for the limits of what August should be able to copy - I would suggest that we consider the range of abilities of everyone in Fairy Tail except Irene, Zeref and Acnologia. Unfortunately, I don't think that helps him against Lille - because no Fairy Tail character has anything resembling Lille's weird powerset - but it does add significant range of powers that August should be able to copy - Time Manipulation (Dimaria), Emotion/Mind Manipulation (Rakheid), Matter Manipulation (Brandish), Durability Negation (Crash Magic, Brandish), Necromancy, Power Reflection (Midnight) etc.

All of those abilities aren't really useful against lille cause of intangibility.

Anyway can we get to the next match ups now? Seems pretty clear cut who should win bracket 2.

So what battle royals have been done so far?

High 2A, 3A, 2C-low, 6C-high6C, 5A and 6A High6A?

Have I missed one?

There have being battle royals, i remember a 2-C one, but it wasn't a team battle, this is the first as far as i remember.

Since you are here, any opinions on the bracket 3 matchup?

The 2C one was what I was referring too.

I know almost no one unfortunately.

Also there was a 4B one at one point.

@Gargoyle Well you don't have to know the people to vote, just look at their profiles, however no doubt questions about hajime's and yue's abilities will come up, so i will explain them.

First i will explain the main magics in the series, called age of god magics. The age of god magics are creation magic, the ability to add special properties to minerals, gravity magic, the ability to manipulate gravity, space magic, the ability to bend space and teleport, spirit magic, the ability to interfere with souls, metamorphosis magic, the ability to remake normal organisms into obedient monsters, sublimation magic, the ability to evolve everything, and reproduction magic, the ability to return things to a prior state.

Those magics though are just limited applications of the real magics. creation magic isn't just the ability to add special properties to minerals, but the ability to interfere with inorganic material, gravity magic isn't just the ability to manipulate gravity, but the ability to use a stars gravity and even create black holes, space magic isn't just the ability to bend space and teleport but the ability to manipulates things at a boundary, spirit magic doesn't just allow the user to interfere with the soul, but also can interfere with things like energy inside the body of a person such as: heat, electricity, thought, consciousness, and memory. Metamorphosis magic is magic that allows the user to interfere with organic material, sublimation magic allows the user to interfere with the information of an object, and reproduction magic allows the user to interfere with time.

Not everyone is able to use the full extent of the abilities, so hajime can't use all of those, at least haven't seen him do it yet. What he can use is information manipulation as he used it to manipulate the internet on a global scale so that no one would be able to discover his identity after he single-handedly wiped out a terrorist organization. Most likely can use the full extent of creation magic as well cause as a transmuter that's what he is good at.

Yue can use spirit magic fully it seems, as she can manipulate the mind and memory and souls.

Anyway on to concept magic, concept magic is the magical manifestation of how magic acts in this world. To create a concept, they need to raise up their wish, for example the crystal key which had the concept "I want to return home", using spirit magic and sublimation magic until concept level, then they need to grant it magic power and forcefully materialize it. Concept magic is invented by utmost will, not theory. In concept magic the user needs the purpose of that time as the base, so just because it succeeded to be used once doesn't mean in the next times from then on it would be stable to use. Normally it becomes a magic that is just a onetime use.

So what this means is they can create concepts but it's based on the purpose at the time and is usually a one time thing. If you still need the purpose, you can still use the concept, for example yue and hajime created the crystal key to open a gate to return back to hajime's world, that crystal key was destroyed by ehito, but they created it again later because they still had that strong desire to return.

Hajime also created a concept "Deny All Existences" after yue was taken from him, His mindset was that he wouldn't accept the worth of existence without yue being there, hence the concept magic. He lost it after the people around him convinced him existence did have worth and he would be able to save yue. So the chain which had the concept in it fell apart and he was only able to make a single bullet with the concept in it, which he used against ehito. Just like the crytal key, it would be logical to say if he had that strong desire to deny all existence again he could use the magic again.

Similarly yue and hajime created a concept "The Scattered Pains Right Back Towards You", and this was created when they were literally out of magic power and then used another concept magic to get back some magic power, but definetly they weren't back to full strength. Anyway this is a concept they created just cause they wanted to kill ehito, don't see why they couldn't used that again if they wanted to kill someone else.

Yue and Hajime are too haxed for Shalltear but equally matched against Ainz . And all four are able to either revive the dead or ressurrect themselves. It's very close. However, in a battle of attrition, Ainz and Shalltear would probably win

@Grudge with who? I don't particularly care about who gets matched up against whom, who do you want to match up with accel?

No response, since i already started on explaining yue and hajime's abilities, and don't feel like moving them down a bracket, so here is what i will do match up kenshiro and dovahklin vs them and do ainz and shalltear vs accellerator and carissa.

Replaced tohru with merlin, put kenshiro and dovahklin vs yue and hajime, and accelerator and carissa vs ainz and shalltear.

No, just continues from bracket 3, merlin being on lile's team if anything makes that team win easier, lille by himself could already take out the other team.

Hajime and Yue both have conceptual manipulation, and S/T manipulation what are the specifications of those? Hajime also has existence erasure as well as gravity manipulation and the ability to harm intangible beings, it looks like Kenshiro's team gets completely stomped.

I already explained concept manipulation above so will just copy what i said.

"Anyway on to concept magic, concept magic is the magical manifestation of how magic acts in this world. To create a concept, they need to raise up their wish, for example the crystal key which had the concept "I want to return home", using spirit magic and sublimation magic until concept level, then they need to grant it magic power and forcefully materialize it. Concept magic is invented by utmost will, not theory. In concept magic the user needs the purpose of that time as the base, so just because it succeeded to be used once doesn't mean in the next times from then on it would be stable to use. Normally it becomes a magic that is just a onetime use.

So what this means is they can create concepts but it's based on the purpose at the time and is usually a one time thing. If you still need the purpose, you can still use the concept, for example yue and hajime created the crystal key to open a gate to return back to hajime's world, that crystal key was destroyed by ehito, but they created it again later because they still had that strong desire to return.

Hajime also created a concept "Deny All Existences" after yue was taken from him, His mindset was that he wouldn't accept the worth of existence without yue being there, hence the concept magic. He lost it after the people around him convinced him existence did have worth and he would be able to save yue. So the chain which had the concept in it fell apart and he was only able to make a single bullet with the concept in it, which he used against ehito. Just like the crytal key, it would be logical to say if he had that strong desire to deny all existence again he could use the magic again.

Similarly yue and hajime created a concept "The Scattered Pains Right Back Towards You", and this was created when they were literally out of magic power and then used another concept magic to get back some magic power, but definitely they weren't back to full strength. Anyway this is a concept they created just cause they wanted to kill ehito, don't see why they couldn't used that again if they wanted to kill someone else."

Soul manipulation is a result of spirit magic already explained that above as well, they can touch souls and what not, damage souls, stop souls from leaving a persons body when they die so they can resurrect them. Spirit magic also gives them mind and memory manipulation.

As for time manipulation, it's from reproduction magic which returns things to a prior state, can be used to heal and get rid of stuff like petrification.

Already explained the harming intangible beings in the soul manipulation stuff, hajime has gloves which allow him to touch souls.

Existence erasure is from concept magic, deny all existences, as i already explained about concept magic, it's dependent on the users mind set/desire, hajime was in a rage when yue was taken from him and didn't want to acknowledge the worth of existence so he created a chain and placed in it that concept of denying all existence, it uses information manipulation to manipulate the targets information to turn it from exists to doesn't exists. After the people around him convinced him existence did have worth the ability stopped but he was able to create a single bullet from the chain with the concept in it to use on ehito. Concept magic is dependent on the purpose the person wants it for, he no longer has any desire to want to deny existence because he saved yue, hence he can't use it but if yue was say killed in front of him... Rage mode hajime would definitely be back again.

Hajime and yue also created another concept magic which inflicts all the pain the person has ever caused back on them, that was simply a means to kill ehito, they can pull that off again if they want to kill someone. Concept magic isn't something they will pull off the bat though.

So, should we switch back to hajime and yue vs ainz and shalltear, since it's fairer?

Btw roy, i forgot to mention, hajime has an infinite magic supply... A battle of attrition won't work out well for ainz. He has an artifact which gives him an infinite supply of magic power, haven't seen it in action yet but after years of research he completely grasped the creation of perpetual motion, and made it possible to miniaturize and mass produce it. Before when it was just like a prototype, he said when he could fully understand how to do it he would be able to control infinite magic power or even infinite heat... Years later he completely understands how to do it, this dude just keeps getting more broken.

Celestial Pegasus said:
So, should we switch back to hajime and yue vs ainz and shalltear, since it's fairer?

Btw roy, i forgot to mention, hajime has an infinite magic supply... A battle of attrition won't work out well for ainz. He has an artifact which gives him an infinite supply of magic power, haven't seen it in action yet but after years of research he completely grasped the creation of perpetual motion, and made it possible to miniaturize and mass produce it. Before when it was just like a prototype, he said when he could fully understand how to do it he would be able to control infinite magic power or even infinite heat... Years later he completely understands how to do it, this dude just keeps getting more broken.
Ainz uses grasp heart on Hajime. If it fails, Hajime is stunned by its secondary effect, and Ainz uses Cry of the banshee, which he can't nullify due to its AoE. Hajime and Yue's resurrection only works if their teammate is alive to use it. If all else fails, Shalltear can protect Ainz while he uses TGOALID + Cry of the banshee to kill them both.

Well either way, Accelerator's team likely gets destroyed as well too, so it seems the outcome will remain the same.

So guess we are back to ainz and shalltear vs hajime and yue then.

Hajime can resurrect himself, simply, have a delayed effect on bel agartha and ressurect himself, however honestly he hasn't done that yet, mostly cause no one has killed him yet but bel agartha is a satellite in space that heals whoever hajime chooses, he can just use it on himself, set it so it heals after a certain amount of time, not gonna press on that point though.

Shatear gets taken out quickly by yue using divine statement, yue tells her to don't do anything or kill herself, or just put her into an illusion, or just mind control her so she attacks ainz, then hajime and yue create a concept to kill ainz.

Undead like Shalltear and Ainz are immune to mind control, illusions, paralysis, or most other types of mental or physical interference. Shalltear was only controlled by a world item because world items have universal reality warping powers. Hajimete and Yuri only use conceptual magic as a last resort; far too late when Ainz goes all-out quickly. Despite being a vampire, Shalltear is weak to dark magic, not divine magic, due to her job as a cleric. If Ainz gets TGOALID off, their resurrection would need the equivalent power of low-godly (or maybe mid-godly?) regen to recover. It completely erases their bodies, and their existence. Shalltear may be a physical powerhouse, but she is even stronger defensively. She can heal Ainz and herself with greater lethal, reverse time to heal, use negative impact shield, and create force fields which even Ainz cannot breach. Also, Shalltear can restrain them with mass hold species. Unless Hajimete can break spells without moving at all, they will be stuck.

That's a massive claim to be making, i will have to see proof of that, cause sounds pretty NLF, for it to take "universal reality warping powers" to take control of shalltear. You are basically saying nothing will affect these guys unless you can warp reality on a universal level, you need to show evidence to back this up, espeically since i don't see anything on their profiles like resistance to mind and soul manipulation.

It's not that only universal powers can effect them, but the only items that can overcome an undead's immunity to mind manipulation are items capable of rewriting the laws of the the universe. There are world items capable of permanently changing how magic works, or deleting worlds. Of course, it takes much less power than that to kill her. The undead traits are on Ainz's profile under "Basic Undead Race Traits", but are possessed by all undead in Overlord. This includes mind manipulation, paralysis, poison, sleep, and physical penalty immunities, plus more. Is it okay to add them to the other undead Overlord characters without a content revision thread? Also, I think it has been stated that Ainz has no soul since he's an undead, but I could be wrong. In case you were wondering, Shalltear does have a default weakness to the holy element as an undead, but her class overrides it. Just in case you thought the undead traits were inconsistent with what I said about her.

Rewriting the laws of the universe is still a pretty big step up from where he is now, which is why it sounds like an NLF, cause you said Shalltear was only controlled by a world item because world items have universal reality warping powers. What exactly has she resisted? To everything there are degrees to things, for example you can't equate resisting molecular manipulation to resisting sub-atomic manipulation, both are matter manipulation but one is superior to the other. What kind of mind manipulation have the characters resisted, divine statement reverberates words directly to your soul and binds you at a subconscious level, yue says i command you to kill yourself, you kill herself, that's how it works, that's different from her normal mind manipulation which she uses to mess with people's mind, and erase memories and what not.

What i am saying, is saying the characters have an immunity to mind manipulation is a NLF, there is no such thing as an immunity, as there are higher levels of abilities, immunity only applies when for instance in the case of soul manipulation when the characters don't have a soul, but even then we have ridiculous characters on here whose soul manipulation works on soul less beings.

Also hajime has an artifact which can manipulate the consciousness of all the people in the world, if the mind manipulation ainz and shaltear can resist has only worked on one people, it's not comparable to hajime's which can mind control billions of people.

As for adding them without a content revisions thread, you should probably create one to determine the exact limits of the abilities.

In the game of Yggdrasil, world items allowed you to change the entire game world (hence the name). Since the game world has been turned into a real one, all the world items have also changed to scale with the new world, and they all still work as intended. How often do they use divine statement? If they use it often, then I would call this inconclusive due to it being questionable if Shalltear and Ainz have a soul. Otherwise, I would give it to Ainz and Shalltear for lasting long enough to use TGOALID.

Does the game world contain an entire universe? Or just a planet? If just a planet then saying it warps the entire universe is wrong.

Divine statement is like yue's favorite ability she always uses that off the bat. The default assumption when it comes to these things is that the characters have souls, since characters usually all have souls, the burden of proof would be on you to prove they don't have souls.

Concept manipulation is as much of a finisher as TGOALID, i can just say yue and hajime last long enough to cast their concept magic, concept magic is entirely dependent on their desires, if either one, hajime or yue dies, they will go into a rage and create a concept to kill ainz and shalltear, cause ainz being able to kill one of them means he is op so they need to go all out, and they will super pissed that their lover is dead, and will use any means to obliterate the person who killed their lover.

Yggdrssil was a universe where most of the realms were eaten by a dragon called the world eater, and world items were forged from the remains of these realms. They cannot be accessed by moving through space. It's multiple secluded worlds held together by one universe. However, even though world item she can only be found in a specific world, they have the power to affect all worlds at once. I had already read on their profiles that they would rage if their lover died. However, The Goal of All Life is Death + (widen) cry of the banshee would erase both of them at once, effectively ending the battle before they can use their concept magic. Also, I'm not sure about assuming undead have souls. Humans, sure, but undead? I would say it's inconclusive at best. Aren't liches usually described as soulless?

Still would need a confirmation on the size of Yggdrassil, and on how many realms there are and the size of these realms cause at the moment sounds like planet level warping to me.

Whatever the case, concept magic would erase both ainz and shalltear as well, all they have to do is make a concept that ainz and shalltear no longer exists or something. You are kinda assuming ainz will off the bat go for TGALD, i know grasp heart is his fav spell, but TGALD not sure, from what i think, they both have as much of a chance of pulling off their most powerful respective magic as the other really.

First i am hearing about undeads not having souls, the entire point of undead people is that usually through some experiment or whatever dead people come back to life same soul and all, or maybe not exactly the same soul but damaged or corrupted, they still have souls, and they come back into a damaged body, doesn't mean they are soulless.

Well, each yggdrasil world is basically a planet, and before the events kf the game there were hundrads if them. Universal was a bit far fetched, I'll admit. It would probably be dwarf star - star level. I don't know Hajime and Yue's personalities, but Ainz would probably use true death once they start resurrecting. Only the highest tier of resurrection spells, capable of regenerating damaged souls, work after that.

Yue and hajime's personality is that they are literally always bloodlusted, did you look at the quote on hajime's profile? He isn't a standard ln hero, anyone who gets in his way he will kill without hesitation, and he isn't stupid, throughout battles he will look for his opponents weak points and plan out numerous strategies to win. Everyone who is involved with hajime has this type of mindset.

As i said yue and hajime have as much chance of using their best moves as ainz and shalltear. However before it even comes to that is the issue here, unless you can objectively prove ainz and shalltear have no souls, yue commands shaltear with her divine statement to attack ainz while yue and hajime create a concept to kill them both. Not to mention there is hajime's artifact which mind controls on a planetary level, unless you show resistance to that massive scale of mind control, ainz and shaltear get mind controlled as well, did i also forgot to mention the stupid amount of weapons ainz will have to deal with against hajime? He will be bombarded from all angles, hajime with meteor shower can cover half the surface of a planet with meteors, then his various weapons like his gattling gun which fires tens of thousands of bullets, then the hundreds of golems that he has which can also fire numerous bullets and do other things like poison and what not, hajime will overwhelm ainz with constant attacks from all angles.

Although scale Ôëá power, poison doesn't work on undead, and the golems have questionable usefulness, your arguments do seem sound. I'm currently looking for evidence on the soul issue, but I think Hajime and co. might take this.

EDIT: Alright, I've found evidence that undead in Overlord do in fact have souls, so Hajime and Yue win. (Here's the evidence in case anyone was wondering: https://www.reddit.com/r/overlord/comments/6p05uc/comment/dkll811)

This match bracket debate seems very dull and one sided tbh. Only debaters here that truly know their character are also the characters to be the last one standing. Which makes sense considering no one bothered(like me) to debat edit Kenshiro,accelerator, etc. should have just done ainz whatever and shaltear vs hajime and yum cus that's the only actual debate and argument going on from what I'm seeing, reading one stats and going off that is never a fun or intriguing debate as that is just a battle of who has higher stats or hax.

@FDrybob I was just mentioning the stupid amount of opponents ainz would have to face, poisons isn't the issue, those golems all matched ehito's attacks with their bullets, so literally hundreds of island level opponents ainz would have to face plus hajime who himself can also fire off tens of thousands of island level attacks a minute.

@Grudge Pretty much, nobody really bothered to debate the other characters much.

Back