• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why do u keep making so many Naruto staff only threads in the first place

Matter of fact isn't this like the 5 or 4th time u did this in the past 4 months? None of them are even completed

We aren't halting any threads when u keep making more threads when you have been told by other staff members not to

AstralKing7 said:
Matter of fact isn't this like the 5 or 4th time u did this in the past 4 months? None of them are even completed

We aren't halting any threads when u keep making more threads when you have been told by other staff members not to
I've been saying this

AstralKing7 said:
I made it open for everyone - but it quickly became too hostile so the decision was made to change it to staff-only.

> We aren't halting any threads when u keep making more threads when you have been told by other staff members not to

When has a staff member told me not to make a thread?

Damage3245 said:
@TFO; the verse doesn't say that. Seriously; what you should be doing is creating at a chain of logic, like A => B => C.

Instead you're saying "We have A, therefore C is true!"

Where is the connecting logic?

You say that Guy's striking strength was higher than his durability, since he broke his own leg? Okay, that's fine. I get that. There's characters like that on the wiki, Izuku Midoriya being the easiest to recall.

Then you make a leap in logic to say "Therefore every characters striking strength is greater or equal to their own durability!"

What? That's just not supported.
Clearly you have not read my all my posts and you're now mischaracterizing my argument.
This is not just based on 1 lone feat. But Several from different characters which establishes a precedence for the verse.

I.E., My argument is based on consecutive consistent feats from several characters. Yours is based on denying mine due to an arbitrary notion that the Naruto-Verse clearly has shown isn't the case with itself.

My argument is:

• Several Different characters have shown Striking Being => than Durability, thus making it a precedence in the verse (Not via statements but Feats)
  • Because there are no statements or feats that serve as a counter to the established precedence, One can Assert that yes, All Naruto characters can have their striking scaled from their Durability and this is based on the established precedence in the verse.
So, cut the crap. My logic is sound, yours is misconstrued.

TFO; if you believe that strongly in your logic, you need to get it accepted on the site first before trying to apply it on your own.

Please reread these lines:

1) Striking Strength is the output of energy a character has, and due to Newton's Laws they must be capable of withstanding the amount of energy they're unleashing otherwise they would hurt themselves. Therefore you can scale a character's Durability to their Striking Strength.

2) If a character hurts themselves when attacking (punching so hard their fist or their arm shatters), then their Striking Strength has surpassed their durability. Therefore you cannot scale their Durability to their Striking Strength.

3) If a character can tank a certain amount of damage, you have their Durability. For example, if All Might withstood a City level bomb at point-blank range, then we could rate his Durability at City level. However Newton's Laws don't work the other way around; getting a character's Durability tells you nothing about their Striking Strength. Therefore even though we could rate All Might's Durability as City level because of his earlier bomb feat, we can't rate his Striking Strength at City level.

Is there any flaw in them?

Damage3245 said:
TFO; if you believe that strongly in your logic, you need to get it accepted on the site first before trying to apply it on your own.

Please reread these lines:

1) Striking Strength is the output of energy a character has, and due to Newton's Laws they must be capable of withstanding the amount of energy they're unleashing otherwise they would hurt themselves. Therefore you can scale a character's Durability to their Striking Strength.

2) If a character hurts themselves when attacking (punching so hard their fist or their arm shatters), then their Striking Strength has surpassed their durability. Therefore you cannot scale their Durability to their Striking Strength.

3) If a character can tank a certain amount of damage, you have their Durability. For example, if All Might withstood a City level bomb at point-blank range, then we could rate his Durability at City level. However Newton's Laws don't work the other way around; getting a character's Durability tells you nothing about their Striking Strength. Therefore even though we could rate All Might's Durability as City level because of his earlier bomb feat, we can't rate his Striking Strength at City level.

Is there any flaw in them?
No, there is no flaw. I never said there was. The problem is, Naruto characters have shown their Striking be being => to their Durability. So while yes, Normally Striking cannot be scaled, there is precedence allowing it you be scaled in Naruto.

But sure, i'll make a separate CTR.

@TFO; you haven't explained why that would matter for scaling other characters.

Yes, it is perfectly fine for some characters to have Striking Strength that is equal to, or greater than their Durability.

But saying that just because one character (or more) have shown to possess Striking Strength that is => their Durability, means we that can rate all characters like that is straight up the Association Fallacy.

Damage3245 said:
@TFO; you haven't explained why that would matter for scaling other characters.

Yes, it is perfectly fine for some characters to have Striking Strength that is equal to, or greater than their Durability.

But saying that just because one character (or more) have shown to possess Striking Strength that is => their Durability, means we that can rate all characters like that is straight up the Association Fallacy.
Setting Precedence =\= Associative Fallacy. An AF would be saying all Jinchuriki Chakra can burn people just because Kurama's Chakra burned Orochimaru's snake. But it's no longer an AF when multiple Jinchuriki show it because then it become a set precedence for Jinchuriki.
But like I said, I will create a separate CTR.

Back