• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm like 99% sure, but in addition to Sonic beating Perfect Chaos in his base form, and the one that exists in riders, here are some other 5-A feats for him. Just want to know if these are all outliers. That's why this is here and not Content Revision, as there's enough sonic related shit goin down there.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles:

Knuckles fights Super Mecha Sonic who was powered up using the Master Emerald. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKF4fMFK9M0)

Big Arms slams Super Sonic with enough force to make him lose rings . Sonic can fight him here in base form as well, and in generations for 3ds. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKY2exspsCk)

Knuckles literally uppercuts the emeralds out of Sonic's super form in the beginning of the game.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGso86zBy5Q) 2:18

With this in mind, are all of these just outliers?

Bonus: Why don't Super Forms scale to Final Egg Blaster's speed again? If it's just attack speed, then that feels valuable to mention on the page that has a speed value massively faster then the main character...

Knuckles is able to harm Mecha Sonic only when he reverts to base.

The other two are likely outliers, Knuckles caught Sonic by surprise but a base character cannot harm a super form only those in a similar powersource to it can.

About the FEG speed, the thing is it was not never shown/told if a super form can react and keep up with it.

Knuckles could literally only defeat Super Mecha Sonic by hitting it after its form reverted.

Base characters scaling to their Super forms absolutely makes no logical sense.

I agree that Super forms do indeed scale above the FEB in all aspects, it just won't ever be accepted here.

Pretty sure big arms is a glitch

Fair enough, but how about when Sonic and Tails fight the penultimate Final boss of the game in the Sonic route, which was powered by the Master Emerald? That seems to be a pretty solid feat. Outlier or not, this was moreso to get a scope of all the 5-A feats Sonic has. If it means anything, that same Robot fights hyper sonic later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKJ1uhmz6Jk&t=456s

Or when Sonic defeats Perfect Chaos in base form.

Or when single Chaos Emeralds can repel the incomplete Time Eater.

Or when characters in Sonic Riders can damage Super Sonic.

Etc.

Oh, then there's two things in Riders.

The black hole, and damaging Super Sonic.

And the Babylon Guardian thing I wish was legitimate.

Honestly, any instance that would indicate Base characters are comparable to Super forms should be considered an outlier by default, unless you don't believe Base Sonic scales to Super Sonic...

Well there was that time Sonic survived getting slapped around by the Time Eater...

And him beating Erazor fueled by half the energy of the Arabian Nights (before Alf Layla)

And characters fighting Metal Madness (which is basically just Overlord without wings, I don't get it, how do wings make someone exponentially more powerful)

I'm kidding with most of them except maybe that second one.

Is this a good time to mention that if Tikal is to be believed, the power of chaos is enriched by the heart, basically making any emerald scaling pretty bunk unless the direct feats are shown as the power varies so heavily between verses

It's the reason Metal Overlord isn't fucken 2-C

Well, Sonic Battle helps with giving us a clear indication that Shadow at that point in the timeline was utilizing the total power of his Emerald he was carrying around. We do know how much one Emerald casually outputs via it moving a continent at massively hypersonic speeds.

Methinks that the Chaos Emerald's variable output does throw a wrench in Chaos or Emerl scaling if you think they can or can't output the "true power" of even 1 like Shadow can.

At the time period of Sonic Battle even while Shadow was still not at his healed peak he can hurt Chaos Gamma by varying between using physical attacks while he is using his Emerald at the time to attack with chaos energy powered attacks.

Leastwise how I see it since we sorta scale the users who have a heart to be better harnessers of Chaos Emeralds than Eggman's mechs.

The Chaos emeralds Have the power to destroy stars, Perfect chaos is powered by the emeralds and absorbed them, Base sonic beat perfect chaos easily, 4-B Base Sonic SIMPLE!!!

Anyway I just wanted to hear thoughts on these feats. I expected most of them would be outliers/not feats at all.

Mod can close this thread whenever because base forms are 5-B and I'm okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back