• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Star vs the Forces of Evil

Okay. No problem. Thank you for being reasonable.

@Dargoo_Faust

Would you be willing to apply these revisions?

I would obviously also appreciate if other members who know what they are doing would be willing to help out.

Going with what mostly everyone agreed on, changing Globgor's AP and striking strength to "At least High 8-C likely higher" physically.

I'll try and get working on this in, eh, 2 and a half hours? Will be off work then and I'll apply at least what was conclusively agreed to here.

I'd still like to discuss some of the calcs currently being used on the verse and feats for the lower tiers here so I'd like to keep the thread open after that.

Will also try and add citations for powers/abilities/stats while I'm at it.

Well, I think that the conclusions still have to be applied.

Well, you can try these settings. They work much better for me than the other options.

Screenshot_20201109-180403_Firefox.jpg

Says here that Eclipsa read someone's mind with a spell (Second Paragraph). She also said that other people may find the spells useful, pretty much saying anyone with the wand can read other people's minds. We should probably add Mind Manip as an ability to her and Star since I don't see it on their articles.

91-8b9fe335d1.jpg

That is probably fine.

Anyway, is some experienced members or part of our staff willing to apply what has been accepted here please?

If we're not gonna make a new thread for this, we could discuss the speed scaling for the verse. As stated before, I don't think Marco is Sub-Relativistic just because his adult itself might be, doesn't make sense.

Then there's the feat of Hekapoo running around a planet in 4 seconds, not sure where I stand with that.

That is probably fine, but somebody also still needs to apply the already made conclusions here.

@Dargoo_Faust

Would you be willing to handle it?

I would prefer if what Dargoo accepted is applied. It isn't appropriate to try to get around it just because he left.

Besides every person who isn't a mod agreeing with Ploz and Giver, it would make Dargoo's arguments look better if anymore mods agreed with him besides the one admin who isn't knowledgeable on the series. That's not an insult at all, it just seemed overwhelming in Ploz and Giver's favor but it got shutdown without much backing.

Last edited:
So what are the summarised conclusions here and why?

I would prefer if what Dargoo accepted is applied. It isn't appropriate to try to get around it just because he left.
That isn't really getting around it though. What Dargoo mainly rejected was everyone else getting 2-A physically (I'm pretty sure he didn't have an actual problem with Mewni's royalty being 2-A with their most potent spells). What the other thread concluded literally just meant they kept the Low 2-C and clarifying the misconceptions of this thread. There were even multiple staff members on said other thread that were agreeing with what we were saying there. None of this undermines what Dargoo has said, and this is a concluded discussion. I'm not sure why you're trying to ping other staff members when we already agreed that the general conclusions would be this was rejected outside of only applying to a few characters.

Well, I did not know that other staff members accepted the other discussion thread.

Which ones were involved in and accepted it?

Yeah rereading stuff earlier in the thread, dargoo agreed most of the points in the end. It was really the 3-A durability debate that wasn't concluded but we can leave that for another thread. For now, we should organize all the conclusions we all agreed upon and then have the changes made.

I don't have enough time to read over the whole thread, but might after work. But I think Ploz makes sense so far.

Ok so had a discussion with Galvino on discord, people basically misunderstood what he was saying here, he wasn't saying base form characters are 3-A he was saying when they dip down they essentially have a magic aura around them that proctects them from their dangerous attacks, such as uni nuke, which is already accepted on the profiles from the revision I did a looooooooong while back. So there's no real debate to be had here.

In terms of Hekapoo's speed, I'm in full agreement that Sub-Relativistic travel speed for Star is a huge no, not even Marco should have Sub-Relativistic travel speed, both characters never move at the same travel speed as Hekapoo. Though they should scale to reactions as we see Meteora is capable of tagging Hekapoo with her soul beam which Marco and co. consistently dodge. This can be further supported by the next thing I'm going to briefly mention onto the thread, laser beams.

To quickly explain,

In these following shots you can see Moon shoots a blue laser at Star, it moves in a straight line, reflects off a metallic surface, you see smoke come out of the blast, heavily implying heat. and you can see a it comes from a light source of the wand itself, and the beams that come out of Moon's wand are light, one of her sword spells that use a similar beam to make a construct for a sword is called "light sword spell":

Here you have Buff Frog calling Star's basic blast a laser beam:

You can see it moves at a constant speed when she blasts both Ludo and Buff Frog and the blast comes out extremely fast, and it has a light source also.

Spider with a Top Hat Blast is the lesser of 3 but I think it's fine enough evidence it is a laser and it reflects in materials:

Also I rewatched through the series and checked I am confused on Dargoo's point of "2-A/Low 2-C Warnicorn Stampede" they never once use that when dipping down or transforming into Mewberty.

It is also specifically shows that dipping down is a unnamed blast that targets what you specifically want to destroy. For example, Star wants to destroy the glass prison holding Marco so she enters a state where she dips down, and Skywene wants to destroy something making her go as far as nuke the dimension. To also add on, Star and Marco did the merge feat specifically went their cheeks glowed, this is a point when one is dipping down.

We already had a lot of characters at relativistic anyway, scaling off the Hekapoo feat, so the characters having relativistic, to maybe lightspeed, reactions shouldn't be far fetched, seems pretty reasonable. As for travel or running speed for Star and Marco, I agree running speed doesn't scale to their reaction speed.

Can somebody remind me what you have agreed about here please?

Dargoo agreed with 2-A magic via spells but their argument against it being for dipping down was because spells strength are based on how much they can destroy, but as I said above, I rewatched the series and while spells specifically aren't tier 2, like spider with a top hat blast remains a regular tier, Star's innate magic that has no spell name and is just a concentrated energy blast should in fact be tier 2, as Skywene dipping down did the same thing, a concentrated no named energy blast to destroy her dimension, along with this, we have a dipping down spell that merged the multiverse, so I think it should be 2-A while dipping down for S4 cast. That'll require further mod discussion though. Asides from that, speed seems to be universally agreed on, no one agrees with Star and Marco travel speed wise being Sub-Relativistic, but just Subsonic and then their combat/reactions are Rela-FTL (need a calc on the laser blocking feat first).

Back