• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
because nobody was making an argument for those characters. the sheer fact that mario has taken up this much of the thread should mean that he should be added

@James

I think this has derailed out of hand into a tiering system mess, tbf, Four being a 1-B/A is too onesided for most of the characters on the wiki

can someone make a new thread and it being the ACTUAL Four being used here instead of a Tier 1 since they always devolve into tiering and dimensional stuff

where are you getting this from? why shouldn't I be able to interact with objects in a 2D plane?The human race had never done so before. As far as our current knowledge and understanding. And typically how dimensional planes work. We can't interact with a plane higher than our own
first of all, the fact that we haven't done something is not an argument for that thing being impossible, especially if we're talking about the realm of fiction. secondly, if a 4D being were to intersect with our 3D plane of existence, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to interact with the parts of it that are withing our plane

Because we literally have no proof we can. Yes, we may discover we can later down the line, but to our current understanding and proof we have. We can't. We can't go off a "well. I don't see why we couldn't" when there's no reasonable evidence to back it up. What we have is what we got to work with. We can't start making up that we can

we can, because this is fiction and entirely speculative. "well we haven't FOUND aliens in real life, so surely aliens can't exist in books or movies, right?"

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
@James
I think this has derailed out of hand into a tiering system mess, tbf, Four being a 1-B/A is too onesided for most of the characters on the wiki

can someone make a new thread and it being the ACTUAL Four being used here instead of a Tier 1 since they always devolve into tiering and dimensional stuff
^^^

but literally the whole point of the thread is that it's NOT actual Four. you can make a seperate thread for that if you want, but I see no reason why we shouldn't continue to use wanked Four here

FRIMI said:
we can, because this is fiction and entirely speculative. "well we haven't FOUND aliens in real life, so surely aliens can't exist in books or movies, right?"
We haven't found aliens but there's reasonable proof that there would be aliens who exist. That's something we can put together with logic and what current understandings we have. We don't understand dimensional tiering to know if we can or can't interact with them. All we know is, currently, we can't and haven't

FRIMI said:
but literally the whole point of the thread is that it's NOT actual Four. you can make a seperate thread for that if you want, but I see no reason why we shouldn't continue to use wanked Four here
Exactly, this isn't a VS Thread, it's a Fun and Games one.

aliens were an example, there are so many things in fiction that arent possible in real life. Why are you confining fictional beings to the standards of reality?

James Plays 4 Games said:
FRIMI said:
Exactly, this isn't a VS Thread, it's a Fun and Games one.
^^^ this (btw what i said was also a reply to blue, not to you)

And why are we focusing on what counts as stuff and not using the profiles as is? I could be messing with YouTube commenters, but I come to the VS Battles Wiki to not need to focus on what counts.

Because there is no readable or logical evidence to prove that we can't interact with different dimensional planes. And we can't go off the logic of "well. We could." Else, well, we could do lots of things. Even though no remote evidence proves it.

Fiction works different to reality. We can explain things in fiction which is true in their world, but not the real world.

My point is that you shouldn't be asserting that things are impossible just because we haven't done them, ESPECIALLY in a fictional setting

My point is you shouldn't use that logic to make wild conclusions that still need evidence to actually use. Nothing in their verse or our universe supports what your saying he can do. If their verse had something to suggest it, yes. We can use that. But they don't, and comparing to our verse doesn't help either. So it's just a baseless claim

> So this means we should just stop commenting on this thread due to there being no definite reality. unsure if that's serious or if you're trying to make a point

ok so hypothetically, imagine a 2D plane. I stick my arm through the plane. should a 2 dimentional being not be able to touch the part of my arm that's in said plane?

FRIMI said:
> So this means we should just stop commenting on this thread due to there being no definite reality.unsure if that's serious or if you're trying to make a point
I'm serious, if we can't agree on how reality works in the scenario of Four VS a character of your choice, then we shouldnt do it at all.

I think that sub-44D characters should be able to interact with the parts of Four that exist within their given plane, if for anything, for the sake of having consistent battles. Is there any opposition to this?

Four exists in the 3D plane. I'm saying The 3D plane Can't interact with the 2D plane. But if a 2D creature was in the 3D plane. then we can say we can interact with them. Since transcending is OOC. We don't need to worry about it. Four starts in the 3D realm. So does The Doctor or the other characters unless specified otherwise

in my hypothetical, the 2D plane exists somewhere within the 3D plane, and it'd work the same with Four. the parts that we see are the parts in the 3 dimentional plane, whereas the rest of him exists outside of our plane

And unless he shows he can interact from a different plane, we shouldn't assume he could. All we know is he is from the 44 dimension. And came to the third. He may not have the capability to interact across them, and we shouldn't assume he can without reason

he didn't "come" anywhere though. he still exists in the 44th dimention. what we're talking about is essentially the logic in flatland. A Sphere, while interacting with A Square, still exists in Spaceland, but part of him is also in Flatland, and residents of Flatland can still interact with the parts of A Sphere that are in Flatland. it is the same with a 44th dimentional being and the 3D plane. Four is in BOTH the 3D plane as well as the 44D plane and everything in between in the same way that there exists a 2D plane that you or I exist on right now

I suppose. it would also help if you could weigh in on the matter and just make a decision that we'll go by for the rest of the thread

There exist one. But neither you, I, the human race, or 4 have ever shown the capability to see or interact with said 2D dimension. And thus, it shouldn't be assumed we can unless there's reasonable proof that we have the capability to.

but we do interact with it. imagine the plane that both you and I exist on right now including all the stuff between us. when I move my arm around, it passes through the plane and interacts with the part of the air that resides within the plane, thus interacting with something in the 2D plane

James Plays 4 Games ok, but could a higher dimentional being easily interact with a lower dimentional being like my poking a 2D stick figure

No we don't. As far as we know at least. We can't even see the planes. Let alone interact with it. That's just a theory your making, but doesn't have any solid evidence backing it up.

we can see the planes though. the plane I'm refering to is just a slice taken from the 3D plane and we can interact with everything in that 2D plane

Back