• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[1/???] Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e downgrade thread

Vzearr

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e downgrade thread:​

[1/???]​

This calc was accepted and is to replace this calc. Problems with the previous calc include the following:​
  1. Incorrect distance scaling + an incorrect timeframe for it. In the pixel scaling for the distance Ryūen threw the metal beams, Rogger takes the final frame to scale how far the metal travels. This is incorrect for a magnitude of reasons: 1. If you want to use the final frame then you'd be increasing the timeframe to 1 second (Frame: 1784 - 1808) (Reference video for the frame count). 2. The metal fell much earlier, the proceeding motion isn't really the distance Ryūen threw them, its like when you throw a ball and it keeps rolling, you don't take the distance it rolled as the distance you threw it, the same would essentially apply here.
  2. He pixel scales 2 beams for the width of 1.Its self evident that the width of the beams isn't 8.29cm, funnily enough, the width he gets is exactly 2x more then what I got :LOL:.
  3. He uses the kinematics equation for acceleration, which is just absurd as it assumes the acceleration of the beams is constant. He tries to prove its kinematic relation via kinetic energy, but this simply debunks it, its self evident that the acceleration isn't constant.

Last edited:
Agreed. Nice work.

Never thought throwing a few metals at normal velocities would scale to Class 1 anyway.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e downgrade thread:​

[1/???]​

This calc was accepted and is to replace this calc. Problems with the previous calc include the following:​
  1. Incorrect distance scaling + an incorrect timeframe for it. In the pixel scaling for the distance Ryūen threw the metal beams, Rogger takes the final frame to scale how far the metal travels. This is incorrect for a magnitude of reasons: 1. If you want to use the final frame then you'd be increasing the timeframe to 1 second (Frame: 1784 - 1808) (Reference video for the frame count). 2. The metal fell much earlier, the proceeding motion isn't really the distance Ryūen threw them, its like when you throw a ball and it keeps rolling, you don't take the distance it rolled as the distance you threw it, the same would essentially apply here.
  2. He pixel scales 2 beams for the width of 1.Its self evident that the width of the beams isn't 8.29cm, funnily enough, the width he gets is exactly 2x more then what I got :LOL:.
  3. He uses the kinematics equation for acceleration, which is just absurd as it assumes the acceleration of the beams is constant. He tries to prove its kinematic relation via kinetic energy, but this simply debunks it, its self evident that the acceleration isn't constant.
First of all, I appreciate the recalculation effort, it wasn't really my calc, but I just used the pixel-scaling done by my friend. And now when I look at it, the dimensions of the metal don't actually seem like that.

My problem with this is that you used the anime timeframe, using the anime timeframe if iffy for scales which include falling of object. To curb that problem, I simply used the timeframe which would actually happen for that to happen through real world terms, because you know... the verse is set in Earth and gravity definitely works the same way as it does in Earth. So, I would recommend usage of gravity which would be much better.. Also, you used the acceleration done by structural metal while the acceleration is provided by Ryuuen, so it's kind of obvious that using the acceleration done by the metal when it is falling literally isn't it.
Above Average Human itself isn't the best way to describe it as well. Olympic athletes in the peak human range for sure do not swing masses above the 170 kg range like that.

This calc was accepted and is to replace this calc. Problems with the previous calc:​
These changes would bring down Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e's lifting strength to Peak Human.
The image you used is not showing his arm? And either way, that's when he allows the boar to land on his shoulder, so it basically does make sense that he would converge his arms. Either way, it becomes a thing of perception, so I would recommend addition of Kouenji's entire height to this distance because the distance should never be less than Kouenji's height (1.81 m) because it is easily evident that he raised it above his height, at the very least.

Secondly, about the timeframe, I will suppose you use 24 FPS. So, the initial frame (frame 916) is when he hasn't begun to lift the boar and the final frame (frame 930) happens to be when boar is still on the screen (he basically hasn't taken the boar completely upwards). So, the timeframe cuts when the actual feat is somehow only half done (here, the first one is the initial and the second one is the final frame according to your source). With that, I will mention that we basically stopped the debate about the timeframe, and you did agree with the result which was roughly the same.

Another thing is that no person in this range would swing almost 300 kgs like that. This is Eddie Hall lifting 500 kg (when he was the world's strongest man), and this is him lifting 200 kg (when he was better and around his strength). The point is that a person who is lifting 500 kg (around Kouenji's LS through the calc) cannot swing 200 kg like Kouenji swung a much heavier boar around that mass. So, I can't help but think that this requires more corrections ngl uff.

I have a few things I wanted to change anyway, I'll make the changes soon and we can continue from there. I'll make sure to tag you.

I have a few things I wanted to change anyway, I'll make the changes soon and we can continue from there. I'll make sure to tag you.
Well, Chariot advised me a few things on my calc which would have increased the results (but I remember never doing them because I had the high time of exams then), so you might want to use it if the result on the first calc does happen to be near the ranges of peak human. Or, if you don't mind, I can use gravity (but will use the mass found by you for the objects thrown and the dimensions as well) for Ryuuen's feat, I will also use the frame you choose to scale the distance traveled by the metal (but please make sure that at least 3 pieces of the objects thrown are in contact with the ground directly, or one piece is touching the ground and the others happen to be in contact with it), just so you become highly skeptical of that.

Also, another thing is that metal cannot accelerate physically, it's impossible, they would be going at constant velocity (it's literally the law of projectile motion that objects move in constant velocity in the x-axis, I don't know how you accuse me of taking kinematics and fake acceleration values in the last point), it is more like decelerating in the x-axis (and that too would be very minimal and negligible because it would be due to light air resistance) and of course accelerating vertically downwards in the y-axis due to gravity.
Never thought throwing a few metals at normal velocities would scale to Class 1 anyway.
It isn't normal velocity for sure (I tried to find it through Kinetic Energy conversion and the fastest a person with a peak human LS would be able to swing it would be 1.14 m/s lol), considering how easily Ryuuen does it and how fast it looks, and how well he is able to re-establish a fighting stance just after doing some heavy work like swinging 170s kg like that. If you think that metal looks small (and that's probably because metal has extremely high densities), then realize that it is as heavy as a BMW G10 bike, so just think that Ryuuen swung a BMW G10 like that. It fundamentally doesn't make sense to be just the level of an above average human.

Back