• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1-A Upgrade for the Astral Plane and the Abstracts (Marvel Comics)

(And yes, I am doing this without waiting for Ultima since he is way too busy with other threads)

The Astral Plane is currently accepted as Low 1-A in scope, mainly due to it being the edge/surface of Universal Eternity. This is fine as of right now, but I think that the Astral Plane has a case for being 1-A in nature due to its own statements, as seen in the folder below.

The Astral Plane is a substrate of Earth-616[29] described as "a higher frequency of reality not limited by time, space or form"[14] and A different order of reality, a place beyond space and a meaning beyond time[13]. The Astral Plane is also stated to be the realm of Idea, Thought, and Narrative, as well as a substrate of Earth-616[66], and is stated to be "The edge of reality. The shores of oblivion. The realm of mind and spirit that exists between being and non-being"[67]. Also, the statement of the Astral Plane being the realm of "Narrative" is supported by Xavier stating that, when he fought the Shadow King in a telepathic battle on the Astral Plane, the two telepaths fought each other using emotions, mathematics, sensations, and especially stories/narratives, creating "sagas and songs and ages and massacres". A sorcerer travelling in their astral form "is not bound to ordinary natural laws of time or motion"[28], and "to those adept in the mystic arts, time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form"[30]. When Doctor Strange in his spirit form, the boundaries of time and gravity are meaningless[31]. Upon drinking a potion to release his astral form, Loki could "pierce the veil of time", "shatter the fabric of distance", and was unfettered by space and time. The Astral Plane is a "place without distance or time or physical law". In the Astral Plane, space is a byproduct of the imagination. An adept suitably trained could ignore distance, conquer space with a single thought, and be in an instant wherever he wanted to be. Astral Forms also have no mass or weight.

Even individuals such as the Beyonder (who is an infinite-dimensional being) are shown to have Astral Forms, as shown here[57] and here[58]. Also higher-dimensional mystic beings such as Clea, a Faltine-Dark Dimension Hybrid, have souls of a similar nature to normal humans, as seen here, and even the pan-dimensional demon lord known as Mephisto has a spirit that exists on the Astral Plane[59].

The Astral Plane is a metaphysical dimension layered on top of the mortal plane.[60] It is also the collective psyche as well as the twilight zone between physical reality and the archetypal plane. It is also stated to be an abstract dimension shaped by the minds of those present. The inner space is the lower realm of the astral plane and is the twilight world of the unconscious, an ideo-plastic reality where the denied thought and feelings of humanity take gruesome shape[64], as well as the place where the ideas and dreams of humans are connected in every abstract way, call it the Psychosphere, call it Idea-Space, call it the MassMind.[65] The Astral Plane is also stated to be a huge "storage room" with everything that could ever be, or ever was, or ever is, all being just toys inside of it.[68]

At the level of the astral plane, physics don't matter, this planes is beyond geography and beneath thought, the fight here is just a line between the real to the fiction, from the solid to the spirit, the level of the demigods. There also worlds without shape.[65]

Thus, I believe that all of the above statements, clarifying consistently that the Astral Plane is beyond time, space, physics, and all form, along with the scans of it being a realm of concepts/archetypes, make for a solid case for the Astral Plane in Marvel being 1-A in scope.

As the Astral Plane is just a substrate of Earth-616, and is the very edge/surface of Universal Eternity, this 1-A upgrade of the Astral Plane would bump all of the Low 1-A beings in Marvel up to 1-A (including stuff like the physiology/dimensionality of Astral Forms and the potency of Magic), and in turn would make the 1-A forms of the Abstracts become 1 layer into 1-A.

The 1-A scope of the Universal Abstracts is supported by how Eternity holds all of his own cosmology (including multiple High 1-B structures, such as Subspace, the Cascade, and the realm of The Beyonder) as a figment of his thoughts and dreams.[39][40]

Thus, I believe that all of the above statements, clarifying consistently that the Astral Plane is beyond time, space, physics, and all form, along with the scans of it being a realm of concepts/archetypes, make for a solid case for the Astral Plane in Marvel being 1-A in scope.
I thought this was always the case unless we're clarifying that the Astral Plane would have BDE-type 2.
As the Astral Plane is just a substrate of Earth-616, and is the very edge/surface of Universal Eternity, this 1-A upgrade of the Astral Plane would bump all of the Low 1-A beings in Marvel up to 1-A (including stuff like the physiology/dimensionality of Astral Forms and the potency of Magic), and in turn would make the 1-A forms of the Abstracts become 1 layer into 1-A.
I mean, if Universal Eternity truly does view all that including the Astral Realm as a dream could suffice for one layer for the Abstracts.
The 1-A scope of the Universal Abstracts is supported by how Eternity holds all of his own cosmology (including multiple High 1-B structures, such as Subspace, the Cascade, and the realm of The Beyonder) as a figment of his thoughts and dreams.[39][40]
Yeah, that's fine but I don't really count being beyond time, space, physics, and all forms as being superficial to get a 1-A without really identifying some sort of ontological superiority.

I thought this was always the case unless we're clarifying that the Astral Plane would have BDE-type 2.

I mean, if Universal Eternity truly does view all that including the Astral Realm as a dream could suffice for one layer for the Abstracts.
I don't know if he views the Astral Plane as a dream/imagination, especially as it's stated twice to be his exterior.
Yeah, that's fine but I don't really count being beyond time, space, physics, and all forms as being superficial to get a 1-A without really identifying some sort of ontological superiority.
I mean the Astral Form already transcends the High 1-B standard universe on its own, and as stated above is indicated to be a realm of pure concepts as shown by the following:

The Astral Plane is a metaphysical dimension layered on top of the mortal plane.[60] It is also the collective psyche as well as the twilight zone between physical reality and the archetypal plane. It is also stated to be an abstract dimension shaped by the minds of those present. The inner space is the lower realm of the astral plane and is the twilight world of the unconscious, an ideo-plastic reality where the denied thought and feelings of humanity take gruesome shape[64], as well as the place where the ideas and dreams of humans are connected in every abstract way, call it the Psychosphere, call it Idea-Space, call it the MassMind.[65] The Astral Plane is also stated to be a huge "storage room" with everything that could ever be, or ever was, or ever is, all being just toys inside of it.[68] At the level of the astral plane, physics don't matter, this planes is beyond geography and beneath thought, the fight here is just a line between the real to the fiction, from the solid to the spirit, the level of the demigods. There also worlds without shape.[65]

Back