• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1-A JTTW & Abilities CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is a long project.

But I will try to make a summary for each and every chapter of Journey to the West (I mean, the Traditional Chinese text).

And will summarise my findings in one or more blogs.

To make sure that no information is being neglected or abridged or (any nonexistent information) inserted.

But it is going to be a long and extended project and likely the CRTs will just move on until my reexamination is complete.

It is totally just my own feeling but from a storytelling point and my feeling after actually skimming through the whole novel it may not seem like Sun Wukong would get an upgrade into 1-A. Will not affect anything here (just my feeling and opinion after all) but this will be my own leisure project I am going to do anyway.
Thank you for helping out, but are you certain that you have the time for such a massive project on top of your other duties?

Thank you for helping out, but are you certain that you have the time for such a massive project on top of your other duties?
Well like I said, it will be an extensive project (and I shall say if it is not implied earlier, a very slow pace project) and likely will not be progressing fast.

More likely the CRTs will move on until my blogs are done and "whoops I get no attention".

This big project will not be overriding my other duties and requested tasks and my day job.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Should I close this thread then, so you can start a JttW revision of your own after you have finished instead?

was asked to comment here, can I get a tl;dr about what's happening?
The Main CRT is upgrading the Cosmology of JTTW to High 1-B, Buddhas and the like to 1-A, and the Dharmakaya to High 1-A via Apathetic Theology.

Current arguments being provided are these;

1. Pain does not believe that grains of sand containing worlds mean that those worlds would also contain grains of sand also contain worlds. From what I can tell the same for Buddha-Realms which are the realms of Buddhas and contain Infinite Worlds and also exist within grains of sand. It is stated Buddhas exist in all worlds, but he does not believe that includes the worlds within grains of sand.

2. Ultima believes that the grains of sand statements and whatnot are metaphorical and wants us to redo the entire Cosmology page if that's the case. Though he is using real-life Buddhism to make that claim and is currently talking to Uldmaster who is explaining Mahayana Cosmology is not metaphorical.

Other than that Jasonith is going to start a long-term project of going through the entire JTTW Story himself and summarise his findings on a blog though it won't be affecting this CRT.

Maybe it is a long project.

But I will try to make a summary for each and every chapter of Journey to the West (I mean, the Traditional Chinese text).

And will summarise my findings in one or more blogs.

To make sure that no information is being neglected or abridged or (any nonexistent information) inserted.

But it is going to be a long and extended project and likely the CRTs will just move on until my reexamination is complete.

It is totally just my own feeling but from a storytelling point and my feeling after actually skimming through the whole novel it may not seem like Sun Wukong would get an upgrade into 1-A. Will not affect anything here (just my feeling and opinion after all) but this will be my own leisure project I am going to do anyway.
Well like I said, it will be an extensive project (and I shall say if it is not implied earlier, a very slow pace project) and likely will not be progressing fast.

More likely the CRTs will move on until my blogs are done and "whoops I get no attention".

This big project will not be overriding my other duties and requested tasks and my day job.
Okay. Thank you for the help. Should I close this thread then, so you can start a JttW revision of your own after you have finished instead?

Let's be real here, We weren't even allowed irl concepts to upgrade verses, why do we use them to downgrade verses then? No matter how closely linked they are to the verse's setting, we can't use em. Otherwise I could make the current Jiang Zi Ya profile have conceptual manipulation due to the five elements being closely linked to the irl five elements concept and give the previously present dies irae profiles transduality type 3 because of the mention of taikyoku (Taiji).

wait, now that I think about it... it doesn't make any sense that transduality is a true or false transdualitie?

you cannot exceed the limits of something like: space and non-space, time and non-time, dimensional and dimensionless, distance and non-distance, and other dualities without literally not being 1-A there is no such thing as a true and false duality, there is only the duality and that's it.
imagine how stupid that sounds.

you are beyond dimensions and dimensionless (duality of dimensions) but apparently that is false transduality,even tough there is no such thing being beyond the dualitie of dimensions in a lower level.
when you are transdual,you are transdual exceding the limits,and not doing that,it will be a contradiction,is not make sense,it can't be like that.

wait, now that I think about it... it doesn't make any sense that transduality is a true or false transdualitie?

you cannot exceed the limits of something like: space and non-space, time and non-time, dimensional and dimensionless, distance and non-distance, and other dualities without literally not being 1-A there is no such thing as a true and false duality, there is only the duality and that's it.

you are beyond dimensions and dimensionless (duality of dimensions) but apparently that is false transduality,even tough there is no such thing being beyond the dualitie of dimensions in a lower level.
when you are transdual,you are transdual exceding the limits,and not doing that,it will be a contradiction,is not make sense,it can't be like that.
Taoism...that's what Taoism is.

Transduality is being redone for those reasons, the CRT is just taking FOREVER.

I mentioned in the last thread for JTTW upgrade that I don't want to debate/tier it, so kindly don't ask/ping me to be active such threads.

Hmm. That is unfortunate, as it seems like some of its fans fanatically want to upgrade it as much as possible through almost any rationales whatsoever, despite that our very long preceding discussions reached the current tiering just a few months ago.

In that case I think that we should quickly close this thread and wait for Jasonsith.

Hmm. That is unfortunate, as it seems like some of its fans fanatically want to upgrade it as much as possible through almost any rationales whatsoever, despite that our very long preceding discussions reached the current tiering just a few months ago.

In that case I think that we should quickly close this thread and wait for Jasonsith.
I don't really appreciate it being called fanatical, and I don't understand why you are so eager to close this thread. So far two arguments have been brought up, one that goes against the rules of the wiki which I have no idea why is being validated. And the other made by Pain which he has subsequently stopped arguing for.

I think we should simply let the thread play out, unless Pain & Ultima can back their arguments better than they have this CRT should continue like all others based on agreements of the majority and staff. Especially since Jasonith stated what his project is up to has no barings on this CRT and is a personal project. He never even stated he disagreed, just he didn't see it happening.

That is kind of disrespectful and dismissal of their work. Also, lacking in understanding of their arguments.

Okay. My apologies if I was unnecessarily rude then. I just don't like when we first have very long talks about proper tiering, and reach a conclusion, and the fans then quickly start another thread to overturn said agreements, at a time when our knowledgeable staff members have turned sick and tired of arguing further about the subject.

Opinions change, new arguments get brought up. That's the nature of every CRT.

If we simply close every new thread because staff are tired of a verse, good luck having progress with anything. Also, I feel you are greatly exaggerating this "issue". At least, in the case of JttW.

Edit: This will be my last post on the topic, since it is derailing, but JttW fans have been, in both threads, very much patient and willing to compromise (specially showcased in the first one). So to suggest all they want is exaggerate and "overturn" agreements is giving them a great disservice.

Last edited:
It is true in the first JTTW CRT that the Tiering was agreed upon, however at the same time High 1-B and 1-A were being argued even back then. The main reasons it did not go through were as you said, staff was tired, supporters were tired, I was tired and the arguments were all over the place. In the end, I conceded and decided to back down on further arguing.

That's also why I specifically waited over a month since the attempt to delete Sun Wukong. Now that everything is together I was hoping we wouldn't need to drag things out like before.

Well, at this point our staff largely seem unwilling to evaluate this, due to being tired of the topic.

Well, at this point our staff largely seem unwilling to evaluate this, due to being tired of the topic.

I think the CRT should just be given more time, it's been less than two weeks and smaller CRTs have taken much longer. Atm things are still looking rather favorable so I see no reason to rush to any conclusions.
Agree; ShivaShakti, Greatsage13th, NIK_FARIS, Elizhaa, Braking, The_Axiom_of_Virgo, Alexander, Planck69, LephyrTheRevanchist

Neutral; Darksmash, Jasonith

Disagree; Pain_to12, Ultima_Reality

I don't think Ant is intentionally being rude or malicious, just a misunderstanding on his side and i know him long enough to say so, since to be fair this upgrade is a huge one, up to 1-A, then Elizhaa proposed High 1-A due to Apophatic Theology. Ant always has been being conservative when it come to a huge upgrade like this, and while i agree that comment from him is an unneccessary one, don't be hard on him....

Anyway, since i comment on this thread, my stance is neutral, it get upgraded to 1-A or High 1-A is not surprising to me, since this novel take almost all words straightout of Buddhism and Apophatic Theology can work on this verse

I will also say, it is completely arbitrary to halt the entire revision for a translation to be done.

If they want to start that project, it would be best for us to go ahead with our peer-reviewed translations and for them to come around in the future with whatever idea they might come up with, with their translations.

However, until then, to halt the entire revision over someone's proposal of translating is completely out of the question. We have Peer reviewed translations, and no offense to any involved, but regardless of if they do translate the entire thing or not, I by far and away trust the current translations, especially given the history of "VS Battle translations".

As stated prior, I'm in agreement with the changes and think ShivaShakti has the capacity to handle at least some of the revisions, with help from those they choose to call on.

Did people even read what Ultima said? Dismissing his point as "using real life to downgrade" is dumb considering his main points were using text from the novel.

Did people even read what Ultima said? Dismissing his point as "using real life to downgrade" is dumb considering his main points were using text from the novel.
I don't think that's what they're trying to say, i think that they're saying is he's using Buddhism to downgrade it. But the text is still on the novel, he's just trying use Buddhism to do this and that but it isn't allowed since religion and stuff although i'm not sure. That's what i understand to what they're saying "using real life to downgrade".

Mind pointing out where in his arguments was this?
He interpreted the novel's text to conclude that a single person contains all of existence within themselves and pointed out the paradox in that. He brought up other examples as well(such as a mustard seed containing the Sumeru) and talked about how it relates to the principle of all things being interconnected.

I don't think that's what they're trying to say, i think that they're saying is he's using Buddhism to downgrade it. But the text is still on the novel, he's just trying use Buddhism to do this and that but it isn't allowed since religion and stuff although i'm not sure. That's what i understand to what they're saying "using real life to downgrade".
He isn't though. His main point was using text from the novel. That fact that Buddhism principles and the translators notes align with that interpretation just heavily supports the fact that this isn't an intellectually dishonest interpretation of the text.

He interpreted the novel's text to conclude that a single person contains all of existence within themselves and pointed out the paradox in that. He brought up other examples as well(such as a mustard seed containing the Sumeru) and talked about how it relates to the principle of all things being interconnected.

He isn't though. His main point was using text from the novel. That fact that Buddhism principles and the translators notes align with that interpretation just heavily supports the fact that this isn't an intellectually dishonest interpretation of the text.
I meant quote his statements, not interpret his statements.

I meant quote his statements, not interpret his statements.
He made a short post on the thread which you can go and read but ok

In the latter translation, it states that in the body and mind of a single person, all dharmas are the same, with "dharma" in this context meaning the phenomena of the world, and as such referring to any object or thing present in our everyday, perceivable reality. The first translation says much the same, since "ten thousand things" in the context of Chinese Philosophy is a term used to refer to the full set of all things in existence. So, what this paragraph says is basically that a single person somehow also contains the whole of existence within themselves, and that to comprehend this principle, one must attain the state of "no-mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back