• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Half circumference of Earth: 20037.5km and our radius
Yield: ((20037.5/0.28)^3)/1000/2 = 183242630005 megatons, 183.24 petatons multi continent level
Although, if it was a ground-based explosion then the overpressure method can be used: 20037500^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 646.57 Petatons

Although, if it was a ground-based explosion then the overpressure method can be used: 20037500^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 646.57 Petatons
It was indeed ground based. Definitely wasn't air burst.
So that would make the giants 161.6425 petatons, Skull Kid (With Majora) at least 646.57 Petatons.
So High 6-A none the less still, just a little bit higher into it.

I added the Yuga light arrows, the laser feat that was recently accepted, and the Majora moon drop feats into the OP, anything else I missed?

I added the Yuga light arrows, the laser feat that was recently accepted, and the Majora moon drop feats into the OP, anything else I missed?
Nothing beyond what hasn't been settled or brought up yet.
Unless you count

What’s the end results?
For Majora? High 6-A or High 6-A (183 to 646), maybe some tier 5 KE shit but that's to much hassle and is subject to weird as **** scaling and game issues.

High 6-A Giants and Skull Kid, Tier 4 Majora based on dimension shit (idk could maybe even get something off his death given it evaporated the moon and collapsed the pocket realm seemingly based on the crumbling, but the former still has the size issues and the latter is redundant).

Would like to see what we can get off Hylia's clouds and Hyliya ripping out masses of land across the planet (PE for the latter maybe?).

Ok, I’ll add Gyorg’s feat into the accepted feats.
Why is the majority of calcs we have accepted now from Majora’s Mask?

Ok, I’ll add Gyorg’s feat into the accepted feats.
Why is the majority of calcs we have accepted now from Majora’s Mask?
B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶

ALTTP, ALBW WW and the oracle games are better than MM and I will fight you to the death on that.

wh1sb5t639k01.jpg

Bring it on.

Btw, does anyone have any objections against the Bomb calc or can I move the 8-A calc to the accepted list?

I think he mentioned near the start of the thread that the 8-A calcs for bombs has issues due to using inflated sizes for the things they blow up.

Yeah, I do not think using pixels that are 100% accurate for speed is a good idea; it's like Game Theory's Sonic being 10 m/s. And Chariot is right that peak human movement speed is reasonable. Plus Day/Night cycles are faster than normal implying it would normally take humans hours as opposed to minutes to travel from region to region. So whatever calc we get should logically be a lowball. It would be super asinine to assume Link's speed is more like taking a whole minute to travel 2.6 meters.

As for the Light Arrows stuff, we did have long discussions and used to be against light speeds. But then Kepekley wrote long details justifying them as light speeds; they have more properties of light then they have against. Though they're magic arrows is one counter against it. But it's considered identical to Sunlight on objects fire doesn't work on; so not any kind of light works only sunlight. They also fly in strait lines and unaffected by gravity in Breath of the Wild when other arrows are. They also bounce off mirrors, not just Mirror Shield. And I know "Pure Light" can be either literal or it can be fancy word for Holy Magic.

I do disagree with 8-A bombs yeah.

Also one issue with calculating Termina's size through movement speed, MM is on fast forward, considering the Moon takes a couple of hours to land and not three days

I still think it's best to say that the pixel sized of Termina is grossly lowballed given that it actually takes hours in game time to travel from Clock Town to the Great Bay despite taking minutes in real time. I do agree it's three days and not an hour and 12 minutes is the timeframe of the Moon's fall.

And to answer Cyber's question, this was where light arrows were discussed last and eventually accepted as light speed. Also, not sure if the SS recalcs were evaluated yet.

Zelda Manga

To my understanding, most if not all Zelda manga adaptations are considered non canon and unusable on site. I wanted to examine this a bit:

Aonuma says that the manga is an extension of the games adding extra information that they can’t themselves in the game:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608006259404177408/792025008951132190/image0.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608006259404177408/792025009241587722/image1.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608006259404177408/792025009651449896/image2.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608006259404177408/792025009950294046/image3.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608006259404177408/792025010184781835/image4.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608006259404177408/792025010503024650/image5.png

The Skyward Sword prequel manga is even a part of the official Hyrule Historia so the mangas are usable secondary canons as long as they don’t contradict anything.

so the mangas are usable secondary canons as long as they don’t contradict anything.
I mean, that's the issue, they all do extensively. Like, pet Volvagia anyone? They're clearly not the same canon.

Plus the SS manga is an exception at best.

there some contradictions here and there, sure. The historia and encyclopedia have there fair share as well. We use only the parts that dont contradict. Why would this be different per se?

there some contradictions here and there, sure. The historia and encyclopedia have there fair share as well. We use only the parts that dont contradict. Why would this be different per se?

For the same reason we don't mix canons in general?
I could list a slew of verses where there's an adaption, which we don't use because it's to heavy on the contradictions, the Zelda mangas are a blatant example of that, in some cases entire story sections are entirely different, characters have completely differing back stories, entire plots are either outright removed or changed completely. It's not one or two contradictions, or even a few, it's like, dozens to even hundreds in some cases.
The Zelda manga are prime examples of what not to use.

And the Histora's contradictions are far more minor and and in-between, the Encyclopedia? Well I wouldn't mind tossing that one so that's not the best example to use.

OoT Manga clearly can't be used as the story is completely different; it's usually the older ones especially that are different. The Majora's Mask one on the other hand actually did give more context about Majora's true power; and that he needs FDM in order to even stand a chance against Majora; though I believe there are other contradictions but that was one of the main reasons Majora's Mask didn't fully scale to base Link. Skyward Sword's manga would be one of the few that can be considered canon it appears. I'm unsure about A Link to the Past's starry sky example, but it's consistent with "Parallel World/Dimension" statements.

Majora's Mask is weird as the backstory given in that contradicts what we know about its past in game, which isn't much, but I wouldn't call some chill rad as **** traveler a "ancient occultist tribe".

The manga, at best, can only be used to like, maybe fill in the gaps of some character's, but given how often it contradicts and changes character's completely. I'd be extremely cautious at that. And in regards to feats, there's nothing to begin with, in fact all it does is remove feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back