• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, do we know how good their technology is? The guy running the observatory is kinda dumb.

Why is it that every time I see someone link a video from a classic nintendo game or any old game on the wiki it’s always from Johnny or Chuggaconroy or Clement?

Meh, do we know how good their technology is? The guy running the observatory is kinda dumb.
Their tech is, decent I think? I think they're advanced enough to know the moon has an effect on the oceans, I'll try finding something about that since I'm sure there's a researcher at Great Bay that talks about that.

Why is it that every time I see someone link a video from a classic nintendo game or any old game on the wiki it’s always from Johnny or Chuggaconroy or Clement?
Because they're all based. Don't even know why I'm crossing out this sentence since I'm not joking around.

It's mostly that the drawing is very low-res and simple that bothers me, for all we know the yellow thing isn't the moon but the sun behind the earth. Kinda weird to base a tier after a random texture they probably didn't think much about

anyone got a better quality sot of it?
Well, if someone wants to give me a few hours I COULD try and find a copy legally and play it on my officially licensed and endorsed Nintendo product that just so happens to have 4k resolution without any compression.
Or maybe just find a dump of the original textures.

But honestly? It's definitely the moon, he's been studying it iirc. And, to be fair, it's Majora's Mask, the whole game is about the moon.

Though, ultimately I still don't think this matters, we can bypass the size entirely given it's a bit fucky and calc the destruction/impact for Skull Kid and the Giants to scale to, while Majora itself scales to some dimension shit so he skips that entirely and goes to some next level shit beyond what anything the moon could grant him.

The size would only matter if we try and calc the moon's KE, which I'd be weary against anyway given the speed is a bit weird, let alone the mass.

I have the gc version but I really doubt it would look better
it aint in the og, well, it is, but if memory serves its in the bomb shop, or on the ground among a pile of papers. And it's less detailed, best bet is just finding the og texture or emulating MMHD at giga high resolution.
That or skip it because the moon size doesnt effect much, the calcs dont need it.

I think that IS the 3DS remake, judging by the UI. So that's probably the best we're getting. Personally I think baseline High 6-A is safer

Surface wiping via a nuclear explosion is actually more like 173 Petatons or whatever Boros used to be scaled from. Though he now scales from it assuming it melts the surface of the Earth's crust and got 1.586 Exatons.

Last edited:
Even so, it would not be baseline; there was also still a fireball radius and could potentially be scorching the surface.

Something to do with the lightning animation not being proper to use cause of inconsistency in the clip or something.

MFTL is definitely weird, fundamentally flawed.
The calc is calcing the strike as being nearly frozen, when it isnt the strike that's frozen but the discharge.
DDM got it out to be MHS+, which I'm to lazy to check if his numbers are right, but if they are, it's closer to being MHS+, over MFTL.

Though because we're talking of Majora, pretty sure he has a SOL beam that he and Fierce Deity would scale from.

Yeah, this video basically confirms lightning wasn't frozen compared to Link, though the lightning splash/shock was frozen during that time. The calculation looks more like this.

Lightning bolts last 30 microseconds or 0.00003 seconds according to google. So each sword he swings would be roughly 33333.3333333 m/s for each time he swings his sword. I've heard records being around 15 strikes, which would be around 500000 m/s or Mach 1457.72595. That's Massively Hypersonic+, but nothing too impressive.

Copied paragraph from comment in the blog and based on some reasonable values mentioned in said blog.

ok so update

http://web.archive.org/web/20171221...s-goht-and-gyorg-****-with-the-climate.20387/

Revising because Termina was scaled assuming Peak human speed for no reason.

Child link= 1.3m ish
Stride is: 0.4 height meaning 0,52m
Dude takes 1 second for at most 5 steps so speed is like 2,6m/s at most
Old speed is 10m/s
Ratio: 0,26
This is what Termina size is based on so,
https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-bl...s-goht-and-gyorg-****-with-the-climate.20387/
^2=0,0676
New Goht result: 811 Megatons
New result for Gyorg: 33.9 Gigatons, Island level for a Mid-game boss

Yeah they're like, pretty blatantly just arrows with light imbued in their tip, they don't move any faster than Link's other arrows.

Actually, peak human Link is pretty fair. Given the dude can run at speeds not ludicrously slower than a exceptional horse or the bunny hood which is meant to grant superhuman running speed, speeds comparable to explosions and in some cases laserbeams. Even young Link is extremely superhuman in that department.

Peak Human is pretty fair all things considered, and getting his speed the way you did can be used to get his speed to be far, far, faster based on things of the above (plus normal dudes are like 5x slower than Link, like the carpenter who takes in game hours to run across town).

Light speed arrows, idk, I think it only applies to one or two games because they bounce off mirrors and are literally made out of light, move in a straight line without dipping (BOTW iirc) or whatever? But games like OOT and MM, etc obviously not the case. As Armor says, merely normal arrows infused with light tipped heads.

Don't need Termina's size for the moon drop. Even if it ain't planet busting, it is planetary in scale none the less, just use earth's surface for the size.

Fireball/wave and basic surface wiping should be our ends.

Half circumference of Earth: 20037.5km and our radius
Yield: ((20037.5/0.28)^3)/1000/2 = 183242630005 megatons, 183.24 petatons multi continent level

Actually, peak human Link is pretty fair. Given the dude can run at speeds not ludicrously slower than a exceptional horse or the bunny hood which is meant to grant superhuman running speed, speeds comparable to explosions and in some cases laserbeams. Even young Link is extremely superhuman in that department.

Peak Human is pretty fair all things considered, and getting his speed the way you did can be used to get his speed to be far, far, faster based on things of the above (plus normal dudes are like 5x slower than Link, like the carpenter who takes in game hours to run across town).

Light speed arrows, idk, I think it only applies to one or two games because they bounce off mirrors and are literally made out of light, move in a straight line without dipping (BOTW iirc) or whatever? But games like OOT and MM, etc obviously not the case. As Armor says, merely normal arrows infused with light tipped heads.
issue is they are still launching from link's bow. They are a launched projectile.

issue is they are still launching from link's bow. They are a launched projectile.
That doesn't inherently mean anything, and in some cases isn't entirely true, especially in regards to certain bows like the bow of light.
I wouldn't say the bow is even "launching" them in some cases, they come from the bow, but by no merit of the bow itself.

It depends entirely on which game we're looking at, sometimes they do check out as lightspeed, other times they're very clearly not. You'd be better off arguing certain games don't qualify opposed to just saying in general they don't.

Actually, isn't there a few enemies and characters that use light magic to attack? besides beamos I mean.
Maybe looking into them, like Zelda herself or some other dudes to see if they qualify would be a good idea?

So before we continue, are we using the average surface wiping calc for Majora or not?

So before we continue, are we using the average surface wiping calc for Majora or not?
Probably.
It's confirmed in at least four instances to be planetary in scale at least. We know it causes a big boom fireball that engulfs everything we see. And even if we don't take it as planet busting "the whole world has been annihilated", paraphrased, paints a picture of things getting really, really, ****** up on a planetary scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back