• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda: A Link to the Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triforce Upgrades

Well, it's time to do this.

Universal Statement
Source

The first two sentences of Hyrule Encyclopedia's page dedicated to the Triforce say:

The ultimate force that grants wishes to anyone who touches. Triforce is the ultimate force, and Force is the foundation of universal power.

-Translation by Reinhardthrowhisspear
Basically, the relationship between the Force and the Triforce is:

Triforce - Ultimate Force

Force - Universal power

Lorule's destruction and Great Deku Tree's statement
Lorule, due to the destruction of the Triforce, was slowly getting destroyed.

21838225-FAB6-4E3A-817E-944FEE20534F
9D700093-AF3A-46B6-9D1C-42CB191853C2
E15EBD10-702E-4C16-B603-CF96A906501E
3FB4E369-FB76-467C-AFA7-D1ACE609C33A
B7E1E12A-BFF0-4903-B77F-751D4CB1B999
95ED6B92-BB01-4CF8-AC0E-26060911F5D1
7CE7BC1C-627E-4CED-BF93-B6920EFED659
69FCDB98-EC26-44A6-A8EE-3C8305BE0436
E066B02A-AEEE-4F75-81ED-2415DD7529AC
BA364F69-9B0E-4AFD-9835-8D9ECF26C8BA
488EA55D-E4A3-4470-B2C5-EBB0263A8675
B90635FF-0816-4571-B6C2-ACBD5A81CC99
15754D2D-82C1-4220-9732-39109D2359E7
"Let's talk about this country for a bit. Long ago, there was a triangle that if touched, grants any wishes in Lorule. It's called Triforce. People fought over for this power, resulting in kingdom's collapse. The kingdom of Lorule, to stop this, destroyed the Triforce. But it backfired..... Triforce is a power of God. It's existence is the pillar of the world, holding it. With Lorule, not having the pillar, is destined to collapse. This land needs Triforce. One day, We knew the existence of the another world's Triforce. Triforce of power, wisdom and courage. Your mission is to wake up the Triforce of courage. I need to correct the mistakes of my predecessors as a queen of this country."

Translated by you already know who.
The Great Deku Tree's creation myth...

õ©ûÒü½ÒÇÇþÉåÒü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÕ梵£¬ÒüáÒÇÇÕ¢óÒü¬ÒüòÒüÜÒÇé
ÔÇ¿When there was no reason in the world and life did not yet have form.

µÀÀµ▓îÒü«Õ£░ÒÇÇÒâÅÒéñÒâ®Òâ½Òü½ Ú╗äÚçæÒü«õ©ëÕñºþÑ×ÒÇüÚÖìÞç¿ÒüÖÒÇé ÔÇ¿Three great golden goddesses descended to the land of chaos that was Hyrule.

ÒüÖÒü¬ÒéÅÒüíÒÇüÕèøÒü«ÕÑ│þÑ×ÒÇÇÒâçÒéúÒâ│… ÔÇ¿Their names were Din, the goddess of power…

þƒÑµüÁÒü«ÕÑ│þÑ×ÒÇÇÒâìÒâ╝Òâ½… ÔÇ¿Nayru, the goddess of wisdom…

Õïçµ░ùÒü«ÕÑ│þÑ×ÒÇÇÒâòÒâ¡Òâ½Òü¬ÒéèÒÇé ÔÇ¿And Farore, the goddess of courage.

ÒâçÒéúÒâ│… ÔÇ¿Din…

ÒüØÒü«ÒÇÇÒüƒÒüÅÒü¥ÒüùÒüìÒÇÇþéÄÒü«ÞàòÒéÆÒÇÇÒééÒüúÒüªÒÇüÕ£░ÒéÆÞÇòÒüùÒÇüÞÁñÒüìÕñºÕ£░ÒéÆÒÇÇÕëÁÒéïÒÇé ÔÇ¿With her strong arms of flame, she cultivated the land and created the red earth.

ÒâìÒâ╝Òâ½… ÔÇ¿Nayru…

ÒüØÒü«ÕÅíþƒÑÒéÆÒÇÇÕñºÕ£░Òü½ÒÇǵ│¿ÒüÄÒüªÒÇüõ©ûþòîÒü½ÒÇǵ│òÒéÆõ©ÄÒüêÒéïÒÇé ÔÇ¿She poured her intelligence into the earth and gave laws to the world.

ÒâòÒâ¡Òâ½… ÔÇ¿Farore…

ÒüØÒü«ÒÇÇÞ▒èÒüïÒü¬ÒéïÕ┐âÒü½ÒéêÒéèÒÇü µ│òÒéÆÕ«êÒéèÒüùÒÇÇÕà¿ÒüªÒü«Õæ¢ÒÇÇÕëÁÚÇáÒüøÒéèÒÇé ÔÇ¿Because of her abundant heart, all life that would follow the laws was created.

õ©ëÕñºþÑ×ÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÒÇÇõ¢┐Õæ¢ÒéÆþÁéÒüêÒÇüÕ¢╝Òü«Õø¢Òü©ÒÇÇÕÄ╗ÒéèÞíîÒüìÒüƒÒééÒüåÒÇé ÔÇ¿With their mission completed, the three great gods left to go to that country.

þÑ×ÒÇàÒü«ÒÇÇÕÄ╗ÒéèÒüùÕ£░Òü½ÒÇüÚ╗äÚçæÒü«Þüûõ©ëÞºÆÒÇǵ«ïÒüùþ¢«ÒüÅÒÇé ÔÇ¿Golden sacred triangles were left behind in the land from which the gods left.

ÒüôÒü«Õ¥îÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÒÇÇÞüûõ©ëÞºÆÒéÆ õ©ûÒü«þÉåÒü«ÒÇÇþñÄÒü¿ÒüÖÒéïÒééÒü«Òü¬ÒéèÒÇé ÔÇ¿After that, those sacred triangles became the cornerstone for the world's reasons.

Source
...states that the Triforce is the thing that sustains the reasons of what was created by the Goddesses, in other words, the universe in which the main events of the games happen.

But what are the reasons mentioned here?

As Din (oracle, not the Goddess) tells us...

ÕñºÕ£░Òü¿µÖéþ®║Òü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒéÅÒéèÒéÆÒü┐ÒüáÒüù ÒüØÒüôÒü½þöƒÒü¥ÒéîÒéïõ║║ÒÇàÒü«"Òü¬ÒüÆÒüì"ÒÇü "Òü╗ÒéìÒü│"Òü¿"Òü£ÒüñÒü╝Òüå"ÒéÆÒüéÒüñÒéü ÒâäÒéñÒâ│Òâ¡Òâ╝ÒâÉÒü«ÒééÒü¿Òü½ÒÇÇÒüèÒüÅÒéï ÒüùÒéüÒüäÒéÆÒÇÇÒüèÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüùÒéçÒüåÔÇ¿Their mission was to throw the reasons of earth and space-time out of order, collect the "grief", "ruin", and "despair" born in the people from this, and give it to Twinrova.
Source
...the reasons are earth, consistent with the fact that Lorule has huge fissures on the ground, and... Space-Time!?

The Actual Upgrade
The Triforce is capable of sustaining Space-Time, as stated by the Great Deku Tree and it's stated that Lorule's collapse is caused by the fact that the destruction of the Triforce also caused the destruction of the reasons. Should be noted that the process of destruction wasn't finished yet and that the Lorule would've eventually be completely destroyed without the Triforce, meaning that the destruction of the reasons wasn't completed yet.

Transcended Space-Time
A Link to the Past's manual...

Ú««ÞíÇÒü½µ▒ÜÒéîÒüƒµëïÒüºÚªûÚáÿÒüîÒâêÒâ®ÒéñÒâòÒé®Òâ╝Òé╣Òü½ÞºªÒéîÒéïÒü¿þ┤ïþ½áÒü«þ▓¥Ú£èÒüîÒüòÒüòÒéäÒüìÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé
After the leader touched Triforce with his bloodied hand, the spirit of the crest whispered.

ÒÇîµ▒ØÒÇüµ£øÒéÇÒééÒü«µ£ëÒéëÒü░ÒÇüµêæÒééÒü¥ÒüƒÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒéƵ£øÒéÇÒÇéÒÇì

You, if you have a wish, that is my wish as well.

µÖéþ®║ÒéÆÞÂèÒüêÒÇüÒü»ÒéïÒüïÚüáÒüÅÒü«ÒâÅÒéñÒâ®Òâ½Òü½ÒééÒÇüÒüôÒüáÒü¥ÒüÖÒéïÒü╗Òü®ÚªûÚáÿÒü»ÕñºÕú░Òüºþ¼æÒüäþÂÜÒüæÒüƒÒüØÒüå ÒüºÒüÖÒÇé

The leader laughed, heard throughout the Hyrule, transcending time and space.

þöÀÒü«ÕÉìÒü»Òé¼ÒâÄÒâ│ÒâëÒâ¡ÒâòÒÇüÚÇÜÒéèÕÉìÒéÆÚ¡öþøùµùÅÒé¼ÒâÄÒâ│ÒÇé

His name is Ganondorf, the nickname of Demon King Ganon.
...brings up the fact that the Triforce is indeed capable of making things "Transcend space-time", which is a Low 2-C feat. The translation is legit, as Reinhard translated it from a source that was already translated in English and despite that he still used the term "transcends", and confirmed that it's in the Low 2-C meaning.

TL;DR The Triforce is Low 2-C for sustaining Space-Time and for being able to make things transcend it. It also has several statements about being universal.

Wew. This is a lot more detailed and convincing than any other universal Triforce upgrade we've had before, and after reading through this I'm going to say I agree to this (even though I shouldn't get my hopes too high up). The only thing I see wrong is that being the most important realm doesn't necessarily mean being the biggest realm, but besides that everything seems promising and hopefully this gets accepted.

And now we wait...

So you agree?

I actualy do agree and the fact that it is well written,detailed all infos are here and it is clear not ambiguous or anykind of flowery language and your sources are legit...

the only problem i see is the power scaling because link fought a fully powered ganon when he had the full tf the 3 goddesses have to be higher then the tf plus the master sword needs a revision if this goes through because link infused the ms with the tf (but that is just a small concerne) other then that good job bro you did great you have my full support.

Thats good anyways im trying to not keep my hopes up too much (but lowkey we have been fighting this up hill battle for soooo loooong) but really the counter argument would have to be hella good we just have to wait for more people to come in.

Dust Collector said:
The only thing I see wrong is that being the most important realm doesn't necessarily mean being the biggest realm.
I know, but I wanted this to be concise and without repeating anything that had already been brought up to avoid derailing. I can try to post more things, but the actual upgrade is the Low 2-C one so this is half irrelevant when there's something much more direct and unambiguous.

I agree with this, since the only reason of why Low 2-C/3-A Triforce was not accepted is because of the lack of mentions of universal/+ stuff.

Also Vaati 4-A shouldn't be an outlier now.

YuriAkuto said:
Also Vaati 4-A shouldn't be an outlier now.
That's probably the first thing I'll do after I finish this and the 3-B Kirby upgrade. After this thing I'm not touching anything Zelda-lore related for a LOOONG time.

Who would this scale to?

The Triforce, Composite Link, Ganondorf, Zelda (Hylia), Skyward Sword Link, ALTTP Link, Demise?

Hylia and Demise don't scale. Maybe ALBW Zelda due to using it. The ones that scale are Triforce, Link (A Link to the Past), Link (A Link between worlds), Link (Classic), SS Link, Composite, Vaati (Outlier Anniversary edition), Master Sword, and HW Ganon and Link.

I don't think Hylia and Demise should scale, aren't they weaker than the Triforce?

The real cal howard said:
TriforcePower1 said:
Hylia and Demise don't scale. Maybe ALBW Zelda due to using it. The ones that scale are Triforce, Link (A Link to the Past), Link (A Link between worlds), Link (Classic), SS Link, Composite, Vaati (Outlier Anniversary edition), Master Sword, and HW Ganon and Link.
Cia
True. I'm assuming that the fact you weren't against being in the agreeing ones means you agree.

Okay, I finally see multiple sources from primary canon statements; no mangas, just actual games and Hyrule Historia. I can agree with this 100% about the complete Triforce being Low 2-C, but what about the Triforce fractions? I'm a bit skeptical about Light Spirits if they're weaker than Ganondorf with Triforce of Power.

I didn't mean that, it's just I heard something about Light Spirits affecting the Twilight realm or something.

Triforce fragments remain High 5-A. I could argue they could be 3-A due to a statement I found while I was searching statements for this thread, but seriously, Triforce fragments being higher than High 4-C is an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back