• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yusuke Kitagawa vs. Adeleine and Ribbon

well

Adeleine is more likely to start off with paintings, I think Ribbon would just shoot

It'll be hard even hitting Yusuke, as an Auto-Sukukaja increases his invasion, along with Counter/strike that renders any physical/gun attack useless against him.

00potato said:
Would counter even work against that big an AP advantage at this point?
Still the same tier, are they not? Because skills like that are specifically made to counter those with high AP. And even if not, Auto-Sukukaja will make it hell to touch him.

Being in the same tier doesn't really mean much when she one shots. You would need proof that this version of counter would prevent something this much more powerful. Tiers aren't a thing though in any of these verses so it doesn't matter.

Nah, she has a huge ap advantage. Sukukaja is only a speed amp, she can create a small army of enemies to run up and attack Yusuke.

To be fair, they are very fragile physically and if Yusuke hits them before Adeleine gets her drawings up, they die do to his large AOE and speed amps. Once she does get a few out though, he is in big trouble.

If she begins with a volley from ribbon, that might help too.

00potato said:
Being in the same tier doesn't really mean much when she one shots. You would need proof that this version of counter would prevent something this much more powerful. Tiers aren't a thing though in any of these verses so it doesn't matter.
It's able to work against people such as Shido, someone who fought the entire PT's and is massively superior for Goro Akechi, who could fight a Late-Game Ren who stomped Okumura. It should easily work on those with a drastic AP.

DatOneWeeb said:
Nah, she has a huge ap advantage. Sukukaja is only a speed amp, she can create a small army of enemies to run up and attack Yusuke.
Okay?

If she does that, Yusuke can easily use Mind Slice and AOE all of them, and mindhax them too. He can also just use Mabufudyne and freeze all of them, or Vorpal Blade and and negate their durability and warp space.

This is post Star Allies. She backscales from everyone else, so she still has the ap advantage. The scalling chain between Yusuke is nothing compared to her own scalling chain. These are huge differences.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Okay?

If she does that, Yusuke can easily use Mind Slice and AOE all of them, and mindhax them too. He can also just use Mabufudyne and freeze all of them, or Vorpal Blade and and negate their durability and warp space.
She resists Dark Matter's mind manipulation, so that's a no. She's also resistance to ice manipulation as she can be unaffected by characters in Kirby who can freeze you solid. Her creations are also 4-A.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
It's able to work against people such as Shido, someone who fought the entire PT's and is massively superior for Goro Akechi, who could fight a Late-Game Ren who stomped Okumura. It should easily work on those with a drastic AP.
No, it shouldn't, their AP is way below Ado's 4-A things.

DatOneWeeb said:
This is post Star Allies. She backscales from everyone else, so she still has the ap advantage. The scalling chain between Yusuke is nothing compared to her own scalling chain. These are huge differences.
While I would mention that PQ/2 makes this scaling chain even larger, we're still in the process of revisions. So I guess this match should be on hold if it affects the match this greatly.

You do realize that Q takes place in the middle of Okumura's palace, has a massive cast of characters comparable with bosses, then vs Goro, THEN Shido? That's a massive scaling chain.

Yes, I am aware. I have the game. However keep in mind that the characters were heavily weakened at the start. It still isn't enough when Kirby's feats are VERY close to being 3-C, and the scalling chain still going on as this was before Star Allies.

That is just it working on someone a bit stronger. This is something that one shots probably a few times over.

Scaling chains that occur within the Q games don't apply to the mainline because their powers are reset at the end of them. Otherwise you'd have the involved Persona-users realizing they're suddenly ridiculously powerful without knowing why, because their memories were wiped.

Regardless, on the topic of Counter, it's the same spell regardless of the point in the game that it's used, and it works on Low 2-C enemies. So no, a bordering-on-Tier-3 AP isn't going to get past it. If the AP was notably higher than the strongest thing Counter spells were shown to work on, the it'd bypass it; but that isn't the case here.

We went over this already, stop claiming that in vsthreads and make a CRT to add it if you wank to keep doing so. Otherwise those are game mechanics, I don't care what you think of it and neither should others of some unlikely thing said by some user.

Eficiente, that's been an agreed upon standard for well-over half a year. It's been used in matches before, and it's been part of several wincons.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3227644

Do try not to let your own tendency to jump to stubborn conclusions about other users keep you from actually confirming the standards set by past CRTs? Knowledgeables exist for a reason. We know what their abilities can and can't do, not you.

If anyone here is just "some user", it's you. Because you have no credibility concerning this subject, unlike certain Persona knowledgeables, including myself, who have been participating in CRTs and debating for this specific verse for much longer.

I don't care, if it's not in the profiles people can't disagree with it, if people can't disagree with something it's dogmatic for them to believe in it. Whatever being used in matches is something no one should care about as anything can be claimed in them.

As it was told to you before, knowledgeable users are the most likely to wank, I recommend no one to care about that "We know what their abilities can and can't do, not you"-indoctrination thing. If you couldn't tell, it's not about the abilities they can and can't do, it's about the way the information is presented.

@Eficiente

Your incessant paranoia about people wanking verses they care about is not only complete speculation on your part, but also blatant disrespect against those who put effort into keeping these statistics and standards accurate because they care about the series.

"If people can't disagree with something it's dogmatic for them to believe in it"? Are you serious?

What kind of Staff Member are you that you don't even know how standards are set on this wiki? A verse's content is settled in a CRT. The standards that I've been using have been agreed upon in a CRT. If you dislike it so much, make a CRT to dispute it. You're free to disagree, I just won't give a damn until you back it up with legitimacy. As far as this wiki's rules and this match is concerned, your disagreement is invalid.

Just as a note, Eficiente, you have displayed both unwarranted disrespect against other users, as well as a blatant unfamiliarity with the rules of the wiki. I recommend not to tarnish the reputation of this wiki's staff, as well as yourself, any more than your past and present actions already have. It's embarrassing that I have to tell you this at all.

Alright you two, take it easy. No need to start fighting each other when we can have Adeleine fight Yusuke.

I'm just pointing out clearly unbefitting behaviour.

Well, whatever. Voting for Yusuke via Ice AOEs one-shotting them before they finish their paintings, and being able to reflect their physical attacks right back at them as long as he can react.

Adeleine + Ribbon's mindhax resistance is in the multi-galactic levels. Plus Ribbon's gun purges those who're mindhaxxed

Voting Yusuke FRA.

Given the nature of Persona spells, they will spawn right on both of them with no travel time and freeze them solid if their resistance isn't solid enough. Also, given the fact that like Solacis said, he reflects all of their physical attacks passively, along with his passive speed amp, this allows him to be at a very good advantage at the start.

Even if their durability is above his, Vorpal Blade takes care of that via warping space and is an AOE, so he can cut them all down.

Milly, you gotta stop using stuff that's not on a CRT yet. Ice spells aren't Absolute Zero right now.

Back