• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How do we know that shining a bright light on a Boo really kills them? They look panicked and then disappear. That's very similar to what I showed in Super Mario⁶⁴, where a Boo makes a sound in pain from Mario's attack, then disappeared, but it's confirmed that it didn't die. Proving that Mario has the means to bother and hurt Boos doesn't prove that he can negate their immortality.

The defeat of Cackletta's soul is a better example, but I see no immortality on Cackletta's profile on the VS Battles Wiki. Perhaps a type of immortality can be inferred regardless, but keep in mind how Ghost Kirby really works. Cackletta's soul gets defeated upon her HP being depleted, meanwhile Ghost Kirby can fight while his equivalent of HP is depleted, while he's against characters who can fight and defeat Void Soul who is similar to Cackletta's soul in that he's a spiritual character who gets defeated when his equivalent of HP gets depleted.

I don't think it's in character for Mario to bring a character with him while flipping dimensions then flip back while leaving them there. Besides, battlefield removal isn't an automatic win against a character who can find ways to do interdimensional travel, and has their own potential means to do it. Also, I never understood how Mario's flipping dimensions ability would be canonically useful against a character who is naturally 3D anyway, like most characters he'd be against in a versus thread. What's your interpretation of it?
The same disappearing effect that is used whenever bosses die in world, or in the rpgs.
She is quite literally the soul of a dead person, the same as ghost kirby, stop thy cap, also no immortality is because mario pages in general are just bad
If he sees that whatever he is doing is not working for some reason, he will eventually try to use other methods, which is logical.

The same disappearing effect that is used whenever bosses die in world, or in the rpgs.
This still doesn't change how Boos have the added context of not dying after a disappearing effect takes place.
She is quite literally the soul of a dead person, the same as ghost kirby, stop thy cap, also no immortality is because mario pages in general are just bad
I'm not spouting cap; I'm analyzing the situation, and I even wrote that your example here is better than the previous one about the Boos. I never claimed that Ghost Kirby would definitely overcome Mario, which I elaborated on in post number 38.
If he sees that whatever he is doing is not working for some reason, he will eventually try to use other methods, which is logical.
I know that. My point is that I've never seen Mario use his dimension flipping ability for the purpose of defeating an enemy, so I don't have a reason to believe that he would end up attempting to do that against Kirby.

Back