• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yung's Battle Party Tournament: Devil Fires! (Natsu Dragneel & Asta) Vs. Presto! (Dimentio (Base) & Magolor (Post-Magolor Epilogue))

Dimentio's page doesn't seem to mention a Friend Heart, so I have no idea what that is. Couldn't Asta just negate that as well?

I see. Well, I will wait to see what supporters say to that.

Although, I suppose Natsu could just dodge or burn away the hearts.

What's stopping natsu from incinerating either of these guys with basic movement as neither seem to possess fire resistance on Natsu's level or asta zetten blitzs and oneshots

What's stopping natsu from incinerating either of these guys with basic movement as neither seem to possess fire resistance on Natsu's level or asta zetten blitzs and oneshots
I'll play Devil's Advocate here but what's stopping that from being manipulated or negated by the Precognition + Fate Manipulation combo? Mag's also has Low-Godly which Natsu nor Asta can bypass iirc

Although, I suppose Natsu could just dodge or burn away the hearts.
He's gonna be under Dimentio's control so he's not gonna be able to dodge.
What's stopping natsu from incinerating either of these guys with basic movement as neither seem to possess fire resistance on Natsu's level
The fact that he's gonna be controlled by Dimentio as soon as fight starts.
asta zetten blitzs and oneshots
Dimentio will prob just BFR him before he uses it or have Magolor destroy the dimension they're in with a back hole before he can use it.

He's gonna be under Dimentio's control so he's not gonna be able to dodge.
It requires a gesture based on the profile, natsu just needs to activate his aura which requires a thought, and since there's prep, asta can warn Natsu about it ahead of time thanks to analytical prediction.
The fact that he's gonna be controlled by Dimentio as soon as fight starts.
See above
Dimentio will prob just BFR him before he uses it or have Magolor destroy the dimension they're in with a back hole before he can use it.
Asta would once again see this coming as he's dealt with both bfr and black holes, natsu also can bust open portals and has better powernull than gildarts who can nullify singularities.
I'll play Devil's Advocate here but what's stopping that from being manipulated or negated by the Precognition + Fate Manipulation combo? Mag's also has Low-Godly which Natsu nor Asta can bypass iirc
iirc Asta is resistant to precog

How potent is the fate manip as Asta might be able to counter with his causality manip.

It requires a gesture based on the profile, natsu just needs to activate his aura which requires a thought, and since there's prep, asta can warn Natsu about it ahead of time thanks to analytical prediction.
Does he start with his aura and what's the range of it cause considering the SBA range it might not even get to team Presto before he gets controlled? Do you mean precog cause how is Asta gonna analytically predict an ability he doesn't even know about? And if he does its not gonna help cause he's already under Dimentio's control so he's gonna let himself get hit by it.
Asta would once again see this coming as he's dealt with both bfr and black holes, natsu also can bust open portals and has better powernull than gildarts who can nullify singularities.
The BFR is instant and spawns on the target so he can't avoid it.
How potent is the fate manip as Asta might be able to counter with his causality manip.
It moreso lets him predict fate iirc.

Does he start with his aura and what's the range of it cause considering the SBA range it might not even get to team Presto before he gets controlled? Do you mean precog cause how is Asta gonna analytically predict an ability he doesn't even know about? And if he does its not gonna help cause he's already under Dimentio's control so he's gonna let himself get hit by it.
The first thing natsu does is activate his fire magic and said heat can span dozens of kilometers in a far weaker key, since he has interdimensional range, they're gonna get caught in it.

Asta can instinct react to danger since the start of the series, and he's only gotten better at it since because of ki and kaito's swordsmanship, he's incredibly good at predicting when him or his allies are in danger.
clearly requires a hand motion, which means he'd get blitzed as zetten is a blitz level Amp
It moreso lets him predict fate iirc.
Okay

Teamwork is dreamwork FRA (joking for now)

Dimentio's power are magical, Asta nullifies him so he is a non factor at all, Natsu could have antimagic fire thanks to Asta

Magolor is the real problem, but the though of 2 vs 1 makes the devil fire duo have an edge right now

Yeah Asta resists precog via skill by throwing his opponents senses off, he can also straight up passively negate a person's ability to see his future if its magic.

Asta's precog allows him to read his opponent life energy to know what they are doing next and instinctively react to threats.

Asta can straight up put up a forcefield to negate anything magical and he can also give Natsu anti magic if they are vibin

Asta and Natsu's opponents seem to be very magical in their abilities so uh... Natsu is just gonna pretty much cover any weakness Asta has with his heat, and I don't see Asta having any notable weakness here at a glance, maybe against Magolor? I doubt cuz Asta's skills are pretty handy too, especially in defense.

Im pretty sure Asta and Natsu are just gonna dispatch the more magical opponent and make this a 2v1 against Magz here.

The first thing natsu does is activate his fire magic and said heat can span dozens of kilometers in a far weaker key, since he has interdimensional range, they're gonna get caught in it.
Is there proof of his only his heat being interdimensional range cause on profile his range only talks about the range of his fire attacks and not his temp manip.
clearly requires a hand motion, which means he'd get blitzed as zetten is a blitz level Amp
I've been told Asta doesn't start with Zetten and Dimentio is willing to BFR him as soon as the fight starts.
Dimentio's power are magical, Asta nullifies him so he is a non factor at all, Natsu could have antimagic fire thanks to Asta
Not all of Dimentio's powers are magic things like Flip and his BFR are more based on Dimensional Manipulation.
Yeah Asta resists precog via skill by throwing his opponents senses off, he can also straight up passively negate a person's ability to see his future if its magic.
The Dark Prognosticus is never stated to be magic-based.
Asta's precog allows him to read his opponent life energy to know what they are doing next and instinctively react to threats.
Has it worked on peps in different dimensions cause Dimentio can just flip both himself and Maglor to make them 2D to avoid getting sensed.
Im pretty sure Asta and Natsu are just gonna dispatch the more magical opponent and make this a 2v1 against Magz here.
If they do kill Dimentio Maglor can just revive him.

Not all of Dimentio's powers are magic things like Flip and his BFR are more based on Dimensional Manipulation.
"Bestovius is a powerful sage that appears in Super Paper Mario who is also the Dimensional Governor of Lineland and the so-called "Flip Wizard". He is responsible for granting Mario the ability to switch between the second and third dimensions"

This sounds magical, I get that it could not be magic, but when literally Mario is taught by a "WIZARD" to flip dimensions is difficult not to see why should not be considered "magic"

And Dimentio's power is almost the same as Mario, the BFR is probably the only thing that I would see not magical, but when everything is magic, then why the BFR should not be the same?

"Bestovius is a powerful sage that appears in Super Paper Mario who is also the Dimensional Governor of Lineland and the so-called "Flip Wizard". He is responsible for granting Mario the ability to switch between the second and third dimensions"

This sounds magical, I get that it could not be magic, but when literally Mario is taught by a "WIZARD" to flip dimensions is difficult not to see why should not be considered "magic"
It's still never stated to be magic-based in-game or in any other sources afaik. He even notes himself that's in based on space/dimensional manip.

I've been told Asta doesn't start with Zetten and Dimentio is willing to BFR him as soon as the fight starts.

Doesn't mean he won't use it when he precogs someone about to BFR him lol.

Is there proof of his only his heat being interdimensional range cause on profile his range only talks about the range of his fire attacks and not his temp manip.
The heat comes from the fire attack

Asta aborbs it and throws i back anyway, Asta's range spans many hundreds if not few thousands of kilometers wide and far with Zetten so uh... keep that in mind.

The Dark Prognosticus is never stated to be magic-based.

Nothing impies it isn't either. He is a sage, not everything needs to be stated after the fact we are told he is a sage. By default everything he can do is magical unless sated or shown otherwise. so YOU have to prove they AREN'T magical.

Asta's causality negation says hello.

Also being 2-D doesn't grant you pseudo invisibility. They just became flat unless there is a 2-D world they go to.

Ngl I think I'm gonna throw in the towel for team Pesto now to save us some time. We could debate more but team Pesto was always kinda of a filler team for me and I don't really mind them losing here.

Ngl I think I'm gonna throw in the towel for team Pesto now to save us some time. We could debate more but team Pesto was always kinda of a filler team for me and I don't really mind them losing here.
Don't do it, fight for your dreams, become the best version of yourself, believe in you

Yeah, i may be voting for Devil Fires here
Also, yeah, Koopa, both of your teams kinda got hit with the shaft

Back