• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
I was going to make a thread on the devil against Reinhard, but then I thought I should just make this just to be safe.

Yukari Yakumo vs Phase 1 Sata

5-A Yukari. Speed Equalized. Win via death. Battle takes place on Earth.

Round 1: In character.

Round 2: Bloodlusted.

Yakumo yukari touhou drawn by kentairui sample-02608ff0db9c578b264682686a854432
Yukari

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.49.30 AM
Sata

Discuss.

Yukari's mind is pretty resistant so I don't know how he's gonna copy her power. BFR should handle him. If not that, spatially tearing him apart and separating him should work.

@Core

Has she shown resistance to telepathy though? Resistance to Mind Manipulation only means resistance to having her mind tampered with, not read.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Yukari's mind is pretty resistant so I don't know how he's gonna copy her power. BFR should handle him. If not that, spatially tearing him apart and separating him should work.
Satan can copy powers just by looking too. He saw Dae-Wi's planet throwing ability and copied it.

Huh. Always associated them as the same as each other. Since they're kinda the same but I see your point. Although does he copy experience? Because boundary manipulation would be hard to use properly without the knowledge about it. And define copying. Does the target have to use the ability beforehand? Do they need to think about said ability? Or he simply needs to see it? What abilities has he copied so far and are there any limitations?

In any case I still side with spatial ripping via gaps. Yukari would probably start with danmaku but if she figures out what he's doing or rather can do she would bring him to some place he can't recover from like a dream and leave him there and end it before he could continue.

Edits made

@Core

When he copies powers, he can copy them perfectly to the point of being indistinguishable from the original owner (such as tossing Jupiter with a thought after copying Dae-Wi's "The King: Throwing a Planet"). In some cases, he may even surpass the originals, as he created 209,607,450,000,000,000 clones when Mo-Ri has only created a few hundred or thousand at a time. However, I don't think he copies experience since he wasn't aware of the rebound effect of Na Bong Chim Limiter Removal. The only things he hasn't been shown to be able to copy are abilities and attacks that are not inherent to people (i.e. through equipment) as he's never copied the Ruyi Jingu or attacks derived from it.

He does learn extremely quickly just by watching others and he can learn at least the basic mechanics of any ability simply by reading the original owner's mind.

Hmm. That's pretty impressive. And I have been intending to read the series for awhile. This guy faced with Yhwach yet? Seems like a fair fight so I won't be surprised if I see a match like that once I finish responding.

In that case Yukari's key feats would definitely be to use her 1000 variables, aka her wits. She outsmarted a genius of the moon and lunarians so with her level of mind she might be able to keep up even with mind reading, but the core issue is power mimicking. Although it's complex I think it would be possible for her to actually take advantage of Satan's lack of knowledge on his/her powers to take him out such as leading him to the moon although that might be off topic or rather making use of assistance. Either way I can see her making use of her own abilities against him such as trapping him in space or sealing him off. Yukari certainly has the abilities to take him out permanently though. But she has to do it fast and efficiently. The longer the match goes the less likley it is for her to win.

Arguably Yukari has power sealing so that might be the best method due to the feat of handling the Saigyouji tree and sealing its power. So if either that or the mental resistance from Reisen and another could grant her the win, key word could because on the case of either she could render his most devastating and deadly power moot. But if not then it's a bit more of a toss up, with Yukari's advantage being early, and Satan's as time passes.

Edit - If not she may have to steal some equipment from others.

Not to mention the fact that she could hide information with advance brain progamming and truth/lie barrier, effectively back-firing himself. Also vote for Yukari, reason above.

@Andykhang

When has she done this? So far I've only seen theoretical statements from you.

The advancing brain progamming thing is coming from her skill to manipulate and program Shikigami's mind, and I kinda like to use "Truth/Lie on herself" alot, since it's logical that she could used it on herself (Still no feat I could find though, so you could ignore that).

Although possible, unless we have definitive proof of her using it we're not gonna go with this since it's far too speculative. Please don't this do to Yukari. Have to sleep soon so I can't debate for long..

I think Yukari wins, Simply because if he copies her ability he might get confused since Boundary manipulation isn't that simple and if he makes a single mistake he could end up killing himself by doing something wrong.

So think she might be able to win just because he cannot really use her powers effectively since the knowledge of the power doesn't carry over.

I like to think that he gets mindfucked once he tries to read Yukari's mind since she is an very weird person.

Back