• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
main-qimg-5a6df592fa88b61271ee95aa0fb329c6-lq

So... Should I ask for this to be closed, since no one is debating anymore and it seems that most have lost interest in this?

There was an accepted thread that upgraded Satan few days ago. I've just been too busy (and lazy) to fully apply it.

Long story short Satan now has a ton of stuff he didn't have in his profile when the thread was made (like high godly regen negation) so this is probably a stomp regardless of speed being equalized or not.

(technically that's only true when I finish applying the changes but whatever)

Last edited:
There was an accepted thread that upgraded Satan few days ago. I've just been too busy (and lazy) to fully apply it.

Long story short Satan now has a ton of stuff he didn't have in his profile when the thread was made (like high godly regen negation) so this is probably a stomp regardless of speed being equalized or not.

(technically that's only true when I finish applying the changes but whatever)
Is it this one?

It looks like some mods and regular users still have contentions about high-godly regeneration negation and resistance to existence erasure, so I'm not sure about that yet.

Is it this one?
Yeah
It looks like some mods and regular users still have contentions about high-godly regeneration negation and resistance to existence erasure, so I'm not sure about that yet.
Nah it should be good to go. 2 staff members outright accepted it and Mr.Bambus uncertainty was just due to a misunderstanding caused by poor justifications on current profiles.

After I cleared out the misunderstandings noone had any further contentions with the propositions and the thread ended up with 8 agreements from normal members, 2 agreements from staff, and no staff disagreements.

Ok.
Nah it should be good to go. 2 staff members outright accepted it
DarkDragonMedeus accepted it, but Sir_Ovens only said that he didn't think the page was necessary. Oh, I saw Theglassman12 accepted it.
and Mr.Bambus uncertainty was just due to a misunderstanding caused by poor justifications on current profiles.
Possibly, but he hasn't responded back afterwards.
After I cleared out the misunderstandings noone had any further contentions with the propositions and the thread ended up with 8 agreements from normal members, 2 agreements from staff, and no staff disagreements.
Well, Mr. Bambu hasn't responded back yet, and SeijiSetto and quite a few normal users disagreed with resistance to existence erasure.

DarkDragonMedeus accepted it, but Sir_Ovens only said that he didn't think the page was necessary.
I mean, yeah? That's not a disagreement.
Possibly, but he hasn't responded back afterwards., Well, Mr. Bambu hasn't responded back yet,
Since they've seen the reply and didn't reply back I'm assuming they didn't have any strong disagreements anymore.
and SeijiSetto and quite a few normal users disagreed with resistance to existence erasure.
Setto said that they get my reasoning but they think there is a more likely interpretation. Again, I replied why I think my interpretation is more likely and should be enough at least for a "likely" rating and they didn't reply even after seeing my reply so they most likely didn't have any strong contentions.

Idk what you mean by "quite a few normal users" tho. Only two users outright disagreed and they didn't even provide an actual argument. Blazingfires disagreement was straight up based on baselessly questioning a statement a knowledgeable character made in their head…
As I said, I addressed any doubts people had about anything in the thread until there were no more contentions.

I mean, yeah? That's not a disagreement.
I guess, but asking him what his thoughts are on the rest of the thread can't hurt.
Since they've seen the reply and didn't reply back I'm assuming they didn't have any strong disagreements anymore.
That's usually not how that is treated here as far as I know. Asking him again to clarify his current thoughts would be could.
Setto said that they get my reasoning but they think there is a more likely interpretation. Again, I replied why I think my interpretation is more likely and should be enough at least for a "likely" rating and they didn't reply even after seeing my reply so they most likely didn't have any strong contentions.
Maybe, but they haven't replied back yet, so you can't know for sure. Asking them what they think of your current proposal is your best course of action, in my opinion.
Idk what you mean by "quite a few normal users" tho. Only two users outright disagreed and they didn't even provide an actual argument. Blazingfires disagreement was straight up based on baselessly questioning a statement a knowledgeable character made in their head…
As I said, I addressed any doubts people had about anything in the thread until there were no more contentions.
"Quite a few" was a bad way to word it, but the point was that normal users disagree too. You should ask them what they think of your rebuttals.

Basically, I don't think you can say the thread is concluded, especially when the opposition haven't given their thoughts on your rebuttals, so try to refrain from adding stuff to profiles yet.

asking him what his thoughts are on the rest of the thread can't hurt. Asking him again to clarify his current thoughts would be could. Asking them what they think of your current proposal is your best course of action, in my opinion.
I mean, on one hand it wouldn't hurt. But on the other hand, why would I ask people who have already seen the thread and didn't feel the need to make any contentions again?
They're clearly either not interested or don't have any significant disagreements with the thread.

And you don't need a 100% approval from regular members so spamming them for their opinion seems just annoying for both sides.
"Quite a few" was a bad way to word it, but the point was that normal users disagree too. You should ask them what they think of your rebuttals.
I mean, I know this will sound mean, but I don't really care that much about what the 2 people who directly disagreed think about the rebuttals.
It would be nice if they were convinced by it or gave their opinions, but their contentions were pretty bad so I don't consider it important.

Like, I could say "why would that character know that" about 95% of statements used in the wiki and then not reply to the obvious rebuttals. That wouldn't mean the thread has to be held open and I have to be summoned for the thread to conclude.
Basically, I don't think you can say the thread is concluded, especially when the opposition haven't given their thoughts on your rebuttals, so try to refrain from adding stuff to profiles yet.
I mean, again, this will sound mean, but it's not my responsibility to ping everyone who said "nuh uh" to my thread. If they disagree with my rebuttals it's their burden to say so.

I'm already pretty busy (and VERY lazy) to make and apply CRTs. It's why I disappeared from this thread halfway through. If I had to wait around and ping everyone who disagreed with me until they either continue the debate or agree I wouldn't get anywhere.

I mean, on one hand it wouldn't hurt. But on the other hand, why would I ask people who have already seen the thread and didn't feel the need to make any contentions again?
They're clearly either not interested or don't have any significant disagreements with the thread.
Because, as far as I know, that's how it works. You're supposed to give the opposition time to respond to your new arguments.

If anyone knows better than me, feel free to correct me.
And you don't need a 100% approval from regular members so spamming them for their opinion seems just annoying for both sides.
I guess that's fair. They don't really matter for CRT's anyway.
I mean, I know this will sound mean, but I don't really care that much about what the 2 people who directly disagreed think about the rebuttals.
It would be nice if they were convinced by it or gave their opinions, but their contentions were pretty bad so I don't consider it important.

Like, I could say "why would that character know that" about 95% of statements used in the wiki and then not reply to the obvious rebuttals. That wouldn't mean the thread has to be held open and I have to be summoned for the thread to conclude.
While that may be true, you still have to follow proper procedure.
I mean, again, this will sound mean, but it's not my responsibility to ping everyone who said "nuh uh" to my thread. If they disagree with my rebuttals it's their burden to say so.
They may not know about your rebuttals (sometimes people will randomly stop getting notifications) or maybe they didn't have time to respond. Just be a bit patient.
I'm already pretty busy (and VERY lazy) to make and apply CRTs. It's why I disappeared from this thread halfway through. If I had to wait around and ping everyone who disagreed with me until they either continue the debate or agree I wouldn't get anywhere.
I guess that's fair, but it's still important.

Though, this thread should be put on hold anyway until your revision finishes.

Because, as far as I know, that's how it works. You're supposed to give the opposition time to respond to your new arguments.
It's been like 2 weeks since my rebuttal to Blazingfire and over a week and a half since my rebuttal to Mr.Bambu. There has been more than enough time I would say.
While that may be true, you still have to follow proper procedure.
Which I did. I got the required amount of votes from both staff and non staff (although non staff members technically don't count, but it's nice to have them check it anyway), and I waited until Grace period was over. I actually waited several times longer this time because I got really busy.
They may not know about your rebuttals (sometimes people will randomly stop getting notifications) or maybe they didn't have time to respond. Just be a bit patient.
Blazingfire outright responded after I posted my last rebuttal without actually addressing it, and I've seen that Bambu and Setto have read my rebuttals (I saw their profile said "Last seen checking [thread name] * x minutes ago" after I posted it).
Idk why should I be even more patient here. It's been 9 days since the 2nd staff approval and 13 days since the thread was opened. Standard grace period is 48 hours. That's almost 7x longer than is necessary.
Though, this thread should be put on hold anyway until your revision finishes.
I said that near the start of the thread since Satans profile needed (and still needs) major revisions but got ignored.

It's been like 2 weeks since my rebuttal to Blazingfire and over a week and a half since my rebuttal to Mr.Bambu. There has been more than enough time I would say.

Which I did. I got the required amount of votes from both staff and non staff (although non staff members technically don't count, but it's nice to have them check it anyway), and I waited until Grace period was over. I actually waited several times longer this time because I got really busy.

Blazingfire outright responded after I posted my last rebuttal without actually addressing it, and I've seen that Bambu and Setto have read my rebuttals (I saw their profile said "Last seen checking [thread name] * x minutes ago" after I posted it).
Idk why should I be even more patient here. It's been 9 days since the 2nd staff approval and 13 days since the thread was opened. Standard grace period is 48 hours. That's almost 7x longer than is necessary.
Eh, I guess that's fair. I didn't see how long the thread was open.
I said that near the start of the thread since Satans profile needed (and still needs) major revisions but got ignored.
Yeah, that did happen, didn't it? Well, better late than never, I guess.

Back