• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho potential revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Alright, I was rewatching the first few episodes of the show, and came across a few things that are interesting, and can result in some changes.

I'd also like to say that this was from the anime. I am actually not sure if any of this is in the manga, and someone would need to fact check me on this. Which is why I'm not highlighting it.

Hiei and Yusuke: Mind Manipulation
In Hiei's first appearance, he mind controls a bunch of humans to help keep Keiko hostage. And he outright says that Yusuke is good enough to resist it. So Sasuke ripped something else off from Hiei. Mind you, this is back when both of them were the level of Upper D Class demons.

Kurama: Healing
Kurama uses his powers to help keep Keiko's wound from opening with Botan.

Yusuke: Invisibility
Koenma says that Yusuke can fire his spirit gun invisibly to hit his teacher for framing him.

Hiei: Flight, Telekinesis, Transformation (if that's not already there), and Energy Manipulation
Hiei, in his Jaganshi form, uses all of these.

And now time for the controversial ones.

Top tiers: 6-A
It's stated by Koenma that King Enma is capable of sinking continents. King Enma is an S class threat, if I remember correctly. However, people who are Sensui level and upwards are indeed stronger than Enma.

Lightspeed Spirit Gu
And here's the big one...

In the fight against Hiei, Yusuke reflects his Spirit Gun off of a mirror to hit Hiei from behind. Now normally, this wouldn't mean anything, but Yusuke outright compares it to his science class where they reflect light off of mirrors to the same effect. Not sure if this still qualifies, or if it would be an outlier. But Hiei's dodge of this kinda scales to a lot of people if it's legitimate, and if that would be an outlier, then many other people do it later on...

Scans would probably be a good idea though none of these really seem bad in theory?

One does not simply "sink continents" OvO.

Seriously though, is sinking a continent calculable?. Do we know how he would have done it?.

Are you watching the dub? Cause if so that probably makes a lot of this highly questionable as it changes a lot of the script. If you are, you should look at the original.

As for the upgrades. Minor stuff is fine, but absolutely not for 6-A and Lightspeed. The former is just a statement. Yu Yu Hakusho has some "Destroy the world" statements and we don't accept them either. The best calculable feat in the series is 6-B. Would that other verses followed the same principle.

As for the second, it is a humongous outlier.

Also, I just realized

You are using the anime? The anime isn't even cano

Yeah, I'm aware the anime isn't canon. That's why I needed people to fact check me to see if it was in the manga.

I figured the minor stuff would be fine and the major stuff would be bad. So I'm content with that.

If you know that the anime isn't canon then this whole thread shouldn't have been made. You should have checked the manga first. The two differ greatly.

Not meaning to be rude but just being practical.

I figured, but I don't have access to the manga legally (VRV is amazing), so this was the best I could do for now.

Also, I've never read the manga (or any manga other than Pokémon Adventures for that matter...)

Also, I know you weren't trying to be rude. I didn't take it that way (this time ovo)

Matthew Schroeder said:
You are using the anime? The anime isn't even cano
How non canon? I ask because it's one of the main things I wanna watch.

A huge chunk of the beginning of the manga is cut from the anime to make they get to the fighting quicker. It also cuts the very last volume or so of the manga, ending earlier (Most consider this a good thing since the ending of the manga is underwhelming).

But it isn't a 1 to 1 adaptation, although it is considered better than the original.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
I agree with these revisions
But I disagree with Cal as a person ovo
I revise with these agreements

But I person with Cal as a disagreement voo

In all seriousness though the minor stuff seems fine. A bit iffy on 6-A and lightspeed for now. Openminded though.

@Arrogant Schmuck Nah I just thought reversing the order of the words would've been funny lol

While this is complete semantics, if the Spirit Gun itself is lightspeed as opposed to Hiei's dodge, then people dodging it would be several feats on the same level.

Like I said though, this is semantics, and Matt's point still stands.

Scan Confirmatio, I'll have to find King Enma is capable of sinking continents scans another time. However, Hiei should get all those abilities stated above he shows it throughout the manga.

Yusuke Spirit Gun Invisibility (Found in Chapter 20): This is possibly due to beings or normal humans that don't have control of their spiritual (Reiki) won't be able to see it. So, unless an individual has good sense to their spiritual or respected their verses energy the attack will be invisible.

Chapter 20 part 1
Chapter 20 part 2
Chapter 20 part 3

Hiei vs Yusuke Mind Manipulation (Found in Chapter 24):
In the anime and manga its pretty similar. Anime version Hiei said outloud that Yusuke is good enough to resist the Jagan eye. Manga verison there is a description about the Jagan eyes ability, and Hiei states Yusuke spiritual level is strong enough the Jagan couldn't control him.
Chapter 24 part 1

Kurama Healing (Found in Chapter 25): Kurama does heal Keiko, but it happens off panel in the manga.
Kurama healing

'Yusuke Lightspeed Spirit Gun (Found in Chapter 25): 'Whatever you all decide to do calling it an outlier, hyperbole, or even a possible feat only when a mirror is on the field. I'll just provide the scans for it.

Chapter 25 part 1
Chapter 25 part 2
Chapter 25 part 3
Chapter 25 part 4
Chapter 25 part 5

Yeah, thanks.

But looking at the light thing on panel now, it is definitely too vague. They just say it reflected like light. How Cal described it made it seem like it was an in-depth comparison.

By the way, the Lightspeed feat comes from the very first arc. Not even in the final arc you have speed feats quite near this level.

You guy's are welcome.

I'm not sure if this adds to the possibility of Yusuke's suppose light speed spirit gun. However, I do recall his spirit gun was able to reach into orbit during the Dark Tournament arc. I'm have to find the scan thought to further back my claim.

Sensui's feat is also mistranslated, by the way. The original version says 50% of his power is too stressful for "the environment", which is vague.

Kepekley23 said:
Sensui's feat is also mistranslated, by the way. The original version says 50% of his power is too stressful for "the environment", which is vague.
The anime says 50% too if it helps.

I agree with the upgrades, moreover, I agree with Lightspeed too, we can not use a calculation where we assume a time interval and say that it is true and use that to say that Lightspeed is an outlier.

We should not even accept calculations assuming time here

It would also be nice to add Minor space manipulation and portals to Kuwabara, since he opened a rift between the human world and the spiritual world with the sword in the last arc.

Muuuuh said:
I agree with the upgrades, moreover, I agree with Lightspeed too, we can not use a calculation where we assume a time interval and say that it is true and use that to say that Lightspeed is an outlier.
We should not even accept calculations assuming time here
I'm pretty sure Yusuke far later on was almost caught in a gas explosion which moves at around mach 20, he was saved by Hiei if i recall correctly, there's other feats but Lightspeed first arc YYH is as outlier-ish as they come.

Relativistic YYH does seem to be outlier material

though is MHS the fastest they have ever been calced at ?

The real cal howard said:
Nope. Only MHS. There's a Mach 600 feat early on, but it was regarded as an outlier as well.

What? Aren't they already at mach 100? I really doubt an upgrade to mach 600 is an outlier.

I'm pretty sure Yusuke far later on was almost caught in a gas explosion which moves at around mach 20, he was saved by Hiei if i recall correctly, there's other feats but Lightspeed first arc YYH is as outlier-ish as they come.

Although it may be argued that Yusuke was almost without Reiki in that explosion and that there is a difference between Movement Speed and Reaction, my point is not this. My point is that time was assumed in the calculations, besides that several feats, including the ones of the last arc, that only exists in the manga, were never calculated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back