• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Vrains is already Digimon but Yu-Gi-Oh, with a archetype based on Lovecraft, I wouldn't be surprised no matter how much hax it had ovo

Xyz monsters also have immunity to Gravity I think. Trap card Gravity Bind or Spell Burden of the Mighty only works on Monsters with Levels after all, not Monsters with Ranks.

maybe its the reason why Xyz can get out of blackhole upon their summoning

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Immunity would be NLF, but Resistance would be fine.
less like NLF and more like 'Xyz can't interact at all with gravity', gravity waves and Xyz maybe will just pass through each other.
if gravity amplification Magic/Trap can't affect Xyz, could it be that their homeworld works by different governing physics? anti-gravity maybe?

If true that wouldn't really be NLF, you're just completely unaffected by it. Kinda like how by default something like a brainless rock is immune to mindhax kek/

I haven't watched most of Zexal, but....

Is that stated in-universe as a being to do with Gravity? Do they clearly show immunity to other Gravity-based stuff? If not, I'm very sure this is a case of Game Mechanics.

Specifically, Gravity Bind & Burden of the Mighty are both cards that affect monsters with LEVELS.

Within the game rules, XYZ monsters do not have Levels, but Ranks, & as such, level-based effects are inapplicable to them. You wouldn't treat them as Level 0, nor any other Level number.

So. Any OTHER basis for them having Resistance to Gravity, or no?

@Imagynim as someone already point out, Xyzs are monsters from different reality. made out of antimatter or darkmatter . it doesn't make sense if they're antimatter because they'd not be able to maintain their coherency in our matter world.

kinda make sense with darkmatter but they'd be completely intangible to three fundamental forces but gravity.

either explanation doesn't match with my proposition of them being immune to gravity.

So they aren't immune.

@Bambu IF they really came from antimatter or darkmatter world that is.

the only plausible explanation is if they came from dark matter world. gravity interact weakly with dark matter, but otherwise dark matter would be completely intangible to normal matter.

so if you accept them being made out of dark matter then yes, Xyz aren't immune to gravity. but Xyz won't be able to be harmed by baryonic matter, manipulation of EM, Strong Force and Weak Force.

so its either immunity to gravity (by game mechanics) or immunity to Three Fundamental Forces (by lore).

even though I said 'lore', I'm still not sure if its really dark matter world or not. I need to check wiki...

from yugiohcard.com

Xyz Monsters are made from anti-matter, and have traveled here from the other side of a black hole. They're landing in Duels at the speed of light, ready to kick butt and take names.

... yeah its official. KONAMI can't do physics. at least we got 2 things that make sense. Xyz being able to survive immense gravity of black holr and they're at least lightspeed.

does this mean everytime someone summon Xyz they release planetbusting-level of energy? ovo

Wait. Hold on just a second. That reminds me of something that Nightmare (from GX) said. He said all of reality was created by a card. One part of it was light, the other was Darkness, which he embodied . If we assume ZEXAL and GX have the same canon.... Oh jeez. Judai beat that person... Oh jeez. Looks like the future revision got a lot more complicated than expected.

You mean NightShroud (or Darkness, if you will), right?

That would complicate things even more.

Also assuming all series are in the same canon (which I don't really agree, but whatever), that could make Z-ARC slightly higher inot2-C, considering the existence of many other dimensions in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

But I digress.

Yobobojojo said:
Actually, we know GX happened in ZEXAL because of that training episode.
... You mean that cameo of the GX girl (can't remember her name) in the backgroud as an easter egg of an episode?

The 5D's one (cen't remember her name either) appeared there too.

No, I mean a literal episode about the legendary deck that contained the "legendary monsters" BEWD, DM, and Neos

That doesn't necessarily mean that Yugi or Judai (or Jaden, whatever) existed there.

Welp, we might need to make a thread regarding the Yu-Gi-Oh| series' canonicity and continuity throughout the animes.

Also, if that's the case, if the Numeron Code controls "all of reality", it might be higher than Low 2-C because of, well, again, all of the other dimensions throughout the series.

Yes that is who I mean. It would also complicate the scaling between DM , GX , and 5D's, since Darkness is Low 2-C, and according to scaling all of them appear to be at least comparable to Judai. So... I'll be personally addressing that in another thread.

Chaos:

Obvious answer is obvious. Life Manipulation and Healing

Power Bestowal is something every duelist worth a profile should get, but Hart and Crest users weaker, more limited Barian Powers can upgrade cards like GEOD to NGEPD, and Vetrix can give parts of his power away.

Resistance towards Soul Manipulation and whatever getting numbers taken is, since Crest users, who have limited versions of Vetrix's crest, who has limited Barian World/Chaos powers, can resist Photon Hand and Astral. Every other method seems to require the death of the user for Barians

Teleportation, since crest users and Barians seem to have it as a standard ability.

Portal Creation, since they can manipulate the Overlay network to open portals. Hart Tenjo's limited Barian abilities could do this as well.

Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Possession, and Madness manipulation since abilities like the crest can negate the effects of the Numbers in terms of their hold on their users

Power Absorption: Vetrix used his abilities to do this to Hart

Energy Manipulation

Information Analysis: Since with Vetrix's crest he could see facedown cards and their effects.

Memory Manipulation and Perception Manipulation: Vetrix's crest allowed him to control and erase memories important to a person to drive them insane.

Reality Warping, Non-Physical Interaction, and Extrasensory Perception: Trey's crest, when upgraded with some of Vetrix's power, was able to manifest cards in reality, see Astral, and bind him to Chronomaly Babylon with chains.

Don't mean to be a jerk, but should I close this thread? The topic is kinda concluded after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back