• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RapidMotorcycle19/Dark_Magician_Backup

Here is a backup of what the profile looked like. (In my profile, since i am posting the link, it says "User_Blog", so check it out by checking my blog.)

Should a better scaling justification be "Managed to damage Zorc"? I mean, it has been shown on the rock of memories that Atem did use Dark Magician to fight off Blue Eyes, and even if their gameplay vewrsions have different ATK points (Which would require a scale of how much ATK points means how much AP), Dark Magician has forms that have 3000 ATK or more, making him comparable to base Blue Eyes at the very least.)

---

Yobobojojo said:
Let's save Utopia for later. I may have found better evidence and counter evidence for Higher D, though it would only be Low 1-B rather than 1-B
Higher dimensionsal Yu-Gi-Oh.

Be...OUR...guest, put your evidence to the test.

Post your proof and we´ll gladly do the rest.

I don't recall them ever bringing harm to Zorc at all, the only things contending with him in the anime was the Gods, BUED, and the godstomp against Horakhty.

Again, we have a thread that explains why using ATK points for scaling is null.

Ill have to read the thread first tho, i dunno if i can just agree with every old thread around.

Anyways, doesnt change the fact DM straggered Zorc and that he is shown to be comparable to BEWD multiple times, man.

Let me correct myself, they fought each other on equal grounds?

Mahad VS Kisara was Atem's final battle when Seto's dad possessed him.

tl;dr Mahad got mega rekt and he only won because Kisara told Seto to stop being evil instead of finishing the fight.

I see.

DM still damaged Zorc on the manga and launched a decent attack against him alongside DMG.

Aside from those two instances where it could be argued DM and BEWD were remotely equal, which other tier would it have?

Lets brainstorm some instances of Dark Magician having AP.

Or we could, you know, scale ATK points.

The big offender in this category is the use of cards involving "Infinite power" being wanked to Universe level ,like Obelisk's Sacrifice power, Ra's Phoenix form and many others, feats from monsters performed in duels should not be used

From Data´s two year old thread.

I think this shows that the last thread has already been outdated by the instances posted across the threads were DM real life feats have been shown in both the manga and the anime.

Specially Novel PoL (Which is not mentioned on that thread at all, i have the idea that the novel was just discovered reciently, making DM hax a legit and backed up fact, and the lack of analisis on BBT is also present on that two year old thread.)

I do not see a legit argument that still holds up against scaling ATK points aside from the complexity of it.

The only two legit instances of a clear cut AP in Duel Monsters is High 3-A with infinite Obelisk and at least 3-A with Knight of Destiny, only reaching an infinite amount of Finite values of strenght.

If Data has an argument against scaling ATK points, i would be glad to discuss it and se ehis perspective.

Didn't DM's attack on Zorc fail horribly? (he was also alongside several other monsters I think)

What proof do you have of scaling ATK points?

Yeah, but he still managed to at east stagger a 5-A being, he would be legit be under Blue Eyes by a damn decent amount to get one shotted, but still 5-A or very, very close to.

There are cards that have tier 4 feats by the illustrations alone, or the card lore itself, aside from some instances in Season 4 where two monster cards created a legit AP feat (Like in Varon vs Joey), which could be used as a baseline for scaling.

We saw on Arc-V (Which is canon to the anime) that Zarc was above the game mechanics of DM and could invent new summoning methods. But he was still able to be defeated and destroyed by that same game,

It would be complex, but a comprehensive scale could be made for monsters that do not reach High 3-A, nor have feats in the anime (Like every single one of them exept Blue Eyes.) which would be the strongest a monster could possibly be.

Can Zorc even be used for feats when its on the Memory world?

Manga versions arent 5-A either tho. Not sure if we count staggering as a valid reason.

Card lore "stories" was already discussed to not be canon to the anime wasn't it? Similarily, the illustrations.

That would probably because he ultimately still is bounded by game mechanics.

I don't think it would be complex, rather just innaccurate, also where is the evidence?

I think Zorc can yes.

Made a second post because easier for notifs. I don't believe there's a fundamental way to create scaling for all forms of attack. Ra and Ojama Yellow both have base 0 ATK, that's a starting issue that makes a roadblock.

You tell me if Zorc can.

No, i mean, in the manga. Against High 7-C Zorc, and alongisde Magician Girl in the Memory World anime.

---

Have they? Because they do have the same basis that other cards have. And all of them have the potential to become real during Dark Games, as discussed before.

Not saying it is 100% factually correct, but something to take in mind.

Its a bit confusing, i will do further research on Zarc, being able to bend the rules as he pleased does seem to be above the limitations of the game itself, and thus, another evidence on monsters being real by themselves.

---

Evidence? Im just asking the reasoning behind your 2 year old thread, and how it doesnt really mention the PoL novel nor the instances of real life DMs in BBT.

Should it still count if these two elements prove that DM are able to become real under dark games/real life in BBT/Movie PoL?

---

Then why shouldnt Kaiba have a Memory World tier/form again?

Arigarmy said:
Made a second post because easier for notifs. I don't believe there's a fundamental way to create scaling for all forms of attack. Ra and Ojama Yellow both have base 0 ATK, that's a starting issue that makes a roadblock.
You tell me if Zorc can.
Does that mean that Atem by himself has a form of Reality Warping/able to create an alternate timeline? At least, Manga Yugi.

Do you recall is this scene happens on the anime?

I mean if real monsters are beyond game mechanics... then we would have to ignore game mechanics...

it didn't mention them since neither of them have to do with ATK points? And again, evidence towards ATK points being scalable?

because memory world zorc is literally just normal zorc

I am asking if it is reasonable enough for me to start developing a scale, if some monsters can devour suns at this range of ATK points, then other monsters should scale by being able to fight with them.

Its not an statement, its an idea for scaling all of those monsters who do not scale to Blue Eyes/Do not reach infinity.

---

Yeah, I think i can agree with that.

But memory world was still "fake", thats why im asking.

---

@Arigamy

I think Bakura stated that Atem´s memories created an "Alternate Reality" and that Atem´s presense on itself "has the ability to warp this world..."

@Rapid Oh, in that case, the answer is no, it is not.

I see, essentially zorc in the memory world has the same powers as zorc outside it in the anime.

I did ;_; @Ari

I see, i guess i will also occupy myself on finding some, instead, all monsters aside from Blue Eyes are going to be "Unknown" in everything.

Do you have any ideas about how we could calc those guys?

Maybe Stone Soldier busting that mini moon? Nah, it wasnt a dark game, ignore that.

User_blog:Arigarmy/the_power_of_a_childrens_card_game

@Rapid

I'll keep it condensed for you. The memory world was created by the Millennium Puzzle. Not because Atem could just go willy nilly with reality, but because it was the final task for his soul (and also the gateway for Zorc to exact revenge). When you said Bakura was referring to Atem, he was actually talking to Yugi and his friends because they were third party NPCs in the D&D game (remember memory world arc is literally just an intense game of D&D with an alternate ending that didn't even happen in the past) that nobody had control over. Thus, they could alter the events in the game and reach Atem's tomb to find his name.

If you're wondering how the Memory World was a thing if they were playing on D&D board, the Millennium Puzzle acted like a projector on the board Bakura made (the memories of people were projected, but Bakura handcrafted the miniature country of Egypt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back