• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, three tags for Dark Magician.

Manga / Anime / Capsule Monsters

High 7-C / 5-A / Around tier 4, but WIP.

Manga gets silly generic stuff like superhuman characteristics, darkness manipulation and magic, Anime gets card hax from all Dark Magician Related stuff in a Dark Game and CM gets a tier for facing red eyes armor Joey and pre-Black Chaos evolution feats, and all the hax from the anime, but able to use it anytime he wishes. (Since Pyramid of Light movie has everyone with a duel disk use hax irl without the need of dark games.)

Okay, found a few things. From Amulet Drago, Dark Magician may have sealing, as the symbols that appear on the body of Timaeus are the same symbols that appear around "The Seal of Orichalcos".

His Robe and Staff have their own powers.

Magician of Dark Illusio is also the precursor to Dark Magician as it is a direct connection to the origin story of the "Dark Magician" in the manga, where one of Pharaoh Atem's most loyal priests was his best friend, Mahad, in an effort to defeat Thief Bakura, sacrificed his life to combine his Ba, or soul, with his Ka, the Illusion Magician. In so doing, he became the Dark Magician. This would also make Palladium Oracle Mahad a precursor to Magician of Dark Illusion. So in order it would go:

Palladium Oracle Mahad => Magician of Dark Illusion => Dark Magician => Amulet Dragon => Dark Eradicator Warlock => Dark Sage

Similarly, Apprentice Illusion Magicia is based on Mana and her ka, Dark Magician Girl, which would make this a precursor to Dark Magician Girl. So in order it would go:

Apprentice Illusion Magician => Dark Magician Girl => Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight

In terms of powers:

• Dark Magician has Illusion Creation (Via Black Illusion and Illusion Magic), Invulnerability (Via Black Illusion), Energy Projection (Via Dark Burning Magic, Dark Magic Attack), Statistics Amplification (Via Magic Formula and Dark Magic Expanded), Weapon Summoning (Via Thousand Knives), Portal Creation (Via Magician Navigation), and Summoning (Via The Eye of Timaeus)
  • Dark Magician Girl has Energy Projection (Via Dark Burning Attack and Dark Burning Magic), Statistics Amplification (Via Magic Formula and Dark Magic Expanded), Damage Reduction (Via Magicians' Defense), and Summoning (Via The Eye of Timaeus and Sage Stone)

Yes but that would make things kinda confusing, we'd basically have to set it up like digimon where there are profiles for different digimon each with their different forms as they are present in said incarnations

I see, it would be quite difficut, since Dark Magician does have various forms onto himself.

I agree with having various profiles for DM in that case.

destroying magic cards should be limited magic negation. im okay with magical dimension being an ohk.

I still have my doubts, but those do sound reasonable.

specially the difference between doing what the card shows vs game mechanic interepreted as a hax.

Man, Gaia is gonna be a bit messy to deal with

Manga Gaia literally becomes Black Luster Soldier

Card Gaia has three different paths:

OG Gaia => Gaia the Dragon Champion => Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion

OG Gaia => Swift Gaia the Firece Knight => Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight

OG Gaia => Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth => Gaia Drake, the Universal Force => Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

We dont really need to make a profile for every single monster, maybe the most iconic and the gods will do, and only reference the rest in the duelists´s profile or in card lore.

Implying Gaia isnt iconic

Speaking of iconic, Ancient Gear Frame => Ancient Gear Golem => Ancient Gear Golem - Ultimate Pound => Ancient Gear Megaton Golem => Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem

Buster Blader is simple

Buster Blader => Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordmaster => Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman

Well, there are tags for characters with multiple forms, so Ancient Gear´s 6 forms should be that much of a hassle.

And gaia...Man, it does seem to be a bit tought to properly manage.

Im trying to keep things as linear as possible

Gearfried the Iron Knight => Gearfried the Swordmaster => Phoenix Gearfried => Lightray Gearfried

Gearfried, according to Joey, holds power so great that merely holding a weapon results in the widescale devastation of the entire battlefield.

Well, Joey isnt the ost reliable guy around.

The only way gearfried is getting an upgrade is if he scales to Dark Magician in any ways or has effects that destroy stuff on the field.

Gearfried in his armor is unable to use equip spells, and Gearfried the Swordmaster's ability instantly destroys a monster on the field when an equip card is used on him

Okay, Red Eyes has two distinct lines it follows:

• Black Dragon's Chick => Red-Eyes Baby Dragon => Red-Eyes Wyvern => Red-Eyes B. Dragon => Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon
  • Black Dragon's Chick => Red-Eyes Baby Dragon => Red-Eyes Wyvern => Red-Eyes B. Dragon => Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon => Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon => Darkness Metal, the Dark Steel Dragon
Funnily enough, Meteor Dragon, the monster that is fusion material for Meteor B. Dragon, gets a full lineup out of the Red Eyes line:

• Meteor Dragon => Meteor Dragon Red Eyes Impact => Meteor B. Dragon => Meteor Black Comet Dragon

Yes, they should. Technically we can get a few feats out of the Meteor Dragon line as they all literally have feats of creahing to earth as meteors

I'll figure it out when we start making the pages, for now i just wanna get the lines written out

Stardust Dragon actually only has one straight path:

Debris Dragon => Stardust Dragon => Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode => Shooting Star Dragon => Shooting Quasar Dragon

Red Dragon Archfiend has two lines:

• Red Dragon Archfiend => Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode => Red Nova Dragon => Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend => Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend
  • Red Dragon Archfiend => Hot Red Dragon Archfiend => Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss => Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Bane => Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity

Okay, now Galaxy Eyes. Last one of the night:

• Galaxy-Eyes Cloudragon => Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon => Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon => Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
  • Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon => Number C107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
  • Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon => Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon => Neo Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon

Cipher Blade Dragon cannot be used as a XYS Material for a monster, he must be summoned last. He would have OHK and ressurection (can summon back a previous galaxy eyes cipher from the deck if it dies.

Dont forget Full Armor Proton and Dark Matter Dragon (Cannot be used as a XYS material, so MUST be last)

And, most Galaxy Eyes go with each other, so maybe they dont really have to be in separate lines.

Jinzo #7 => Jinzo - Returner => Jinzo => Jinzo - Lord

Machine King Prototype => Machine King => Perfect Machine King

Larvae Moth => Great Moth => Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth

Cyber Larva => Cyber Dragon Core => Proto-Cyber Dragon => Cyber Dragon => Cyber Dragon Zwei => Cyber Dragon Drei => Cyber Dragon Vier => Cyber Barrier Dragon => Cyber Laser Dragon => Cyber Twin Dragon => Cyber End Dragon => Chimeratech Rampage Dragon => Chimeratech Overdragon => Cyber Dragon Nova => Cyber Dragon Infinity => Chimeratech Fortress Dragon => Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon => Cyber Eltanin

A-Assault Core/B-Buster Drake/C-Crush Wyvern/V-Tiger Jet/W-Wing Catapult/X-Head Cannon/Y-Dragon Head/Z-Metal Tank => VW-Tiger Catapult/XY-Dragon Cannon/XZ-Tank Cannon/YZ-Tank Dragon => ABC-Dragon Buster/XYZ-Dragon Cannon => VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon => A-to-Z-Dragon Buster Cannon

Elemental HERO Neos Alius => Elemental HERO Neos => Elemental HERO Honest Neos => Elemental HERO Air Neos/Elemental HERO Aqua Neos/Elemental HERO Dark Neos/Elemental HERO Flare Neos/Elemental HERO Glow Neos/Elemental HERO Grand Neos => Elemental HERO Marine Neos/Elemental HERO Chaos Neos/Elemental HERO Magma Neos/Elemental HERO Storm Neos => Rainbow Neos => Elemental HERO Divine Neos => Neos Wiseman

Just a quick question.

Are we still on hax abilities? I don't have an opinion on abilities right now but as far as the AP, dura, and other stat scaling goes I'll try to bring in my side of that discussion soon to get back on that. (Or in the worst case scenario, if upgrades are accepted already I'll just make a CRT later on about it.)

Oh, we are just taking a quick detour to talk about Dark magician and Dark Magician girl´s ap.

It did get a bit derrailed with the forms every "iconic" monster should have.

We will go back to talk about Yugi´s AP after the Card Effect Thread is done.

Let's save Utopia for later. I may have found better evidence and counter evidence for Higher D, though it would only be Low 1-B rather than 1-B

Dark magician may be iconicly compared to blue eyes yes, but I'm pretty sure that's not a merit for scaling him AP wise.

(assuming he was scaled to it, the profile seems to have been deleted)

lmao it got deleted

Blue Eyes > DM, I believe it's like that throughout all versions. I think the same BS with Blue-Eyes not finishing off DM (like it easily could) because Priest Seto was possesesd was also in the anime but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back