• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but way bigger than that silly manga moon.

And, it was able to affect tide waves.

---

Now, this is wrong.

Do not take this as legit scaling.

But, if Anime Soldier of Stone broke a legit moon. 6-A/High 6-A at 1300 atk.

And Blue Eyes scaled to Zorc, who could destroy the planet with an AP of 5-A at 3000 ATK...

Then DM would be around Small Planet Level.

If you asked me personally, the ratio of stone to moon is the same as the manga, it's just that they're both bigger.

That doesn't mean it's pain, doesn't mean it's him being damaged. You and I both know this type of copout is a BIG trope in anime/manga. Big bad villain gets hit with a main type of attack, gets a big scared face, and then the dust settles they cackle and go "haha didnt even leave a scratch" (protip: their attack didnt).

Yeah, why not.

This is about the tiering of yugioh, this little detour of Dark Magician seems to be ending on a unknown for every monster that is not blue eyes.

Some characters happen to be in lower tiers than others, not sure where the problem lies.

I've read it thrice over, most a ka did was this. I don't even know if that even was 9-A, I just guessed. Mahado doesn't have a lot to offer that isn't hax and neat tricks to pull. Bakura and Diabound is the overall king of hax in the manga though, no question.

I'm going to suppose it's fine for me to input. So.... I can't recall much that'd help solidify Dark Magician's tier, but....

1. Are we looking to tier monsters, or the human characters as well?

2. Do we care about ratings that may only apply while in the Virtual World/Legendary Heroes game?

3. Do we care about feats from purely holographic monsters? What of purely holographic spells/traps?

4. I'm assuming this thread is only concerned with manga-applicable ratings, & ratings that may only be applicable to the anime &/or trading card 'verses aren't okay to be discussed here?

@Arigarmy:

1. Yes, I am aware Mahado = Dark Magician. Just had it on my mind that there's actually a "scaling chain" for the Yugioh characters that can get most of them to Wall Level durability. (Which reminds me that I need to figure out how to get a calc done.)

I asked if we care about tiering human characters not because I didn't think of Mahado & Dark Magician as one & the same, but because of statistics for Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, Tristan, Tea & a few others.

2. I didn't think there was any reason to care about such ratings. If they were implemented, they'd have to be their own keys. Also, it's questionable if versions of monsters/characters can scale to the monsters outside.

If we were to account for Legendary Heroes & Virtual World, there'd be a whole bunch of new feats, simply put. But both LH & VW are just places that Yugi & co. get their minds trapped into, so LH/VW don't scale to humans.

And since the LH & VW are just Industrial Illusions/KaibaCorp simulations, it's unclear if we can assume their depictions of the monsters & card effects are accurate enough to apply them to the other versions of them.

4. I just assumed so because of the manga discussion.

That said, I don't know how much of this is manga-applicable, but there do seem to be means to get monster statistics:

A.
Normal Monsters' cards in the Japanese anime have card text which seems to match the card lore of their real life card equivalents. If we were to assume this lore is applicable to the monsters in the anime, could those Normal Monsters could be given statistics? Could they be scaled to? (I doubt ATK or DEF is that credible, & I'm not sure about Level Stars, either though.)

Some monsters have feats in their card lore.

B. Man-Eater Bug & Morphing Jar were both able to kill Pegasus's guards. Maybe 10-A or 9-C for those monsters & scale from them somehow?

C. I don't know how it was in the manga, but during Marik vs Joey & Marik vs. Mai, there seemed to be some level of physicality to some monsters.

Mai was able to be bound by Holding Arms, Holding Legs, & Sacred Stone of Ojhat. Physicality? AP via size/weight?

Joey was able to feel the heat from Lava Golem, & seemed to be imprisoned in its cage. If Lava Golem has its physicality, couldn't we find AP for it via size &/or heat?

That said, given that Marik vs Joey had both duelists feeling pain from attacks & what their monsters felt, it could be the heat was just part of that? Or maybe it was real? Opinions?

D. During Atem vs Orichalcos Soldier, it summons an Orichalcos Giygas, which is able to break through solid stone ground every time it revives. If we assume Orichalcos Soldier is superior to Giygas for summoning/commanding it, that might provide a scaling point, as many monsters are capable of defeating Orichalcos Soldiers.

Alternatively, we could assume that monsters who fought in the Battle for Atlantis are comparable to Orichalcos Giygas.

E. Several monsters -mostly dragons- appear to get absorbed by dormant Leviathan, fight in the Battle for Atlantis, & fight against Awakened Leviathan. If monsters in those armies have feats -such as by Normal Monster card lore or actual feats- could we assume they're comparable to one another?

Lastly, this probably doesn't help Dark Magicians much, but Timeaus's attacks destroy large portions of armies, create sizeable explosions & visibly damage land in the Battle for Atlantis.

Those Timeaus feats would be good for it, Critias & Hermos, possibly others in the war, & should scale to its fused forms, Amulet Dragon (Timeaus+Dark Magician) & Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight (Timeaus+DMG) as well.

Sorry about all the words. Does any of that help?

I would like to have/make a scale depending on stars or ranks, but if it is going to be llowed and ill just get everything deleted again, its just a waste of time.

It makes me quite angry.

You guys KNOW that we are going to use DM to calc Infinite Obelisk as infinite, right?

And Knight of destiny IS going to be At least 3-A.

Im still pretty damn sure that will stand on my watch.

Who agrees with your stance? Like no really I want a count because nothing can be done as it hasn't been for the past six months if we don't bring more people with actual power to determine something as valid or not.

It's going in loops, probably a mix of most Admins and mods not really caring much about the verse (they only came here to see it wasn't a shitshow again), and two they know like virtually nothing thats being talked about so they probably wouldn't make heads or tails. It's hard to convince, and it's definitely hard to make it pass through.

Well, megaboy, weekly, ima and Kyle did agree at some degree.

Anyways, is the DM profile discussion finished? Or is there anythikg DM related yet to discuss for Manga/Anime?

Do you mean to say that I expressed agreement with Infinite Obelisk & Knights of Destiny? And that Megaboy, Weekly & Kyle also did, Rapid? (Also, if you're willing, could you link to their posts where they did so to affirm that, please? Would help clear up confusion.)

Also, @Arigarmy, I would appreciate you respond to my post above from yesterday. I @'d you for a reason, & would appreciate responses to my questions/suggestions, please.

If SomebodyData is available, I'd like his input too, if that's okay.

@WeeklyBattles: If I may attempt to answer.... Differing feats, characterization & events between anime & manga?

Also, as for statistics, the monsters & the duelists have a lack of feats, & the monsters often lack physicality, as they're usually holographic depictions of their actual selves, which may be of questionable accuracy as to their actual capabilities.

And I suppose there's also the complications put in by anime series in the same timelines, the movies -1 of which was commissioned, produced & edited by 4Kids, the other only applicable to the manga-, the novel of the 4Kids movie... oh & there's that weird spin-off anime 4Kids made also. And the movie that fits into the anime's timeline but isn't from 4Kids nor made regarding the manga.

Also, the lack of knowledgeable/staff members inputting & the difficulty of reaching a consensus doesn't help.

Does any of that make sense? (No offense.)

I should be getting to this soon too btw. I'm supposed to be getting internet by Tuesday so I'll definitely be fully active to get to this again.

So for those who want to know if I'm going to still post my side of this, yes. But we may need a new thread given the length of this one.

@Imag You order me to do it like a businessman.

1. Joey is the only one who stands out as anything special for all the superhuman-ish stuff he's done.

2. You spoke for yourself on the answer.

3. You skipped 3 and went to 4, just thought you should know.

The scene of Bakura unleashing monsters on guards wasn't in the manga. Shadow Games are an illusion, they're sure as hell gonna feel physical.

@Weekly

Dude we've been over this.

@Arigarmy: Sorry. I had just gotten impatient. Made a lot of text, thought it would be helpful & kind of erroneously felt like it got neglected. Apologies for being rude. As for my phrasing, I try to speak "professionally". We're a site of civil debate, after all, aren't we? Hence my phrasing, oftentimes. (Also, I skipped 3 because I didn't have an answer.)

Anyway, I assume you have no opinion on the stuff that could find tiers for monsters, spells or traps or characters that's only applicable to the anime?

no not really the mods just still dont care to get the main argument finished. we're mostly burnt out from it at this point

You don't mean "no, not really an appropriate thread", rather than "no, this would not really be an inappropriate thread", correct? It's just a shame Weekly seems inactive, SomebodyData has been gone for days, & Kukui is lacking in internet until Tuesday.

No offense to you or other inputters, but I'd love to hear their opinion on some anime-only-related scaling stuff I've been thinking about.

Also, I kinda wish I had read the manga more so I could dig for feats for you, Arigarmy, since, AFAIK, you don't care about the anime. Who or what do you most want feats for in the manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back