• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Changes) II

Done, just need to do Marik and we're done with the manga stuff. Seeing how weird the categories are for the anime characters, now I just want to revise those after this entire thing is done with.

lol welcome back shark

damn almost forgot about DSoD and this thread

but yeah prana should be universal

Well, yeah. Its part of Manga Yugi.

And, i think we all agreed that Manga Yugi is Yugioh- R - DSOD

And anime Yugi being

Duel Monsters - Pyramid of Light - BBT - GX. (since Anime Yugi is non canon, then pyramid of Light also fits there perfectly after Season 3.)

right?

dunno abt pyramid of light tho being in there with capsule monsters which was produced by muricans. all the others by NAS

Capsule monsters is different than regular yugi, but not enough to have another page made for that version.

But Pyramid of Light is stated to have taken place after Season 3, and uses footage from the anime, so it is connected and distributed by official sources.

capsule monsters also takes place within the timeline before the pharoah's memories arc. they behave more like an EU than another canon.

i'd say its pretty significant. it has duel armors where they can physically use the monsters powers (inside a mystical game)

I'm too lazy to read everything but this only is about DM right? I mean technically for gx, 5D's etc ... the anime is the canon material because it was the first that was released (the manga is an adptation of the anime).

i just checked some DM character profiles and it now says "anime", does it mean you plan to do a manga and an anime profile for each of them?

Aparently, Data here thinks The manga is the canon material.

And thus, separated the two forms of meadia because some things change between the two.

Marco Shark said:
Aparently, Data here thinks The manga is the canon material.
And thus, separated the two forms of meadia because some things change between the two.

It's true for DM. However, when it comes to spin-off series (such as gx, 5D's etc ...) then the anime is the primary canon because the manga is an adptation of the anime and not the contrary (the anime was released before).

The anime would make it range from tier 5 to tier 2 ( Depending on if you belief the " Final Graduation Duel " is canon ) ( Because i realized Adult Yugi used his deck to create the timeline... Then stated the Yugi from Battle City is Much stronger , supported by the Younger Yugi stated by Judai to have the " Strongest Spiritual Deck " right after knowibg Adult Yugi made the timeline using his deck ) . I mentioned it many times before, but got ignored. We are talking about the anime now, so i thought i should mention it again . I was asking them if GX Yugi should have his own profile... Or a key ?

Anyways... The anime should be tier 5 via scaling to each other. The manga... We'll see when we make a thread to analyze DsoD

It reminds me some characters such as Darkness (Nightshroud in 4kids' version) should have profiles. By the way it's funny you mention Yugi's deck created the timeline because Darkness was there when the universe was created and said everything was made from a card.

i had always thought he sent judai to another timeline and kuribo prophesied to yugi hed be meeting. and some unknown force time stopped just for the two of them to duel.

that makes sense. i was the one that placed time manipulation on his profile and its been deleted

C'mon now, I already said make an anime thread. Why is that so difficult?

"After that grand misuse of admin power, I am back."

Actually applying the rules is misuse? Well then...

Marco, you were warned not to bring up the subject in this thread. I disagree with SD about canonicity, but you can't deny you blatantly ignored the point of his post.

It kind of is when I told you to make the thread days ago.... @2nd

Can't you just make the thread and link it here?

If that's a problem you could literally have asked me or anyone to make it for you, you know?

Marco was the only one who believed in it being Tier 3 IIRC, so its conclusion is that nothing comes from it. I've been a neglectful lazy boy and haven't rendered Yami Marik while finalizing Original Marik's page, so this issue still isn't completely solved.

Kaiba gets magic negation (range of a dozen meters give or take) and explicitly makes the monsters real now but sadly not the effects from what I remember.

Back