• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Changes) II

• Sips (actual) tea
Uhhhhh

In all seriousness, I'm going to rewatch DSoD, we'll see how true this all is.

Marco Shark said:
And your bakura test profile doesnt include the fact that this is Manga Bakura, who didnt have reality manipulating fights with Pegasus's Millenium Eye.
Ryo Bakura is the manga name. Bakura Ryou is the anime name.

It's even explained in the first sentence.

@Data

Good luck.

Just remember to note that there is absolutely nothing left as Corrupted Diva is erasing the universe.

Dont let people fool you into thinking its just planetary or something

Dont you realize its the exact same name?

Its exactly the same as saying Son Goku or Goku Son.

They are both literally the same name.

Please dont tell you are thinking that refering to Anime bakura "Ryou Bakura" and Manga Bakura "Ryo Bakura" isnt going to confuse people.

Even if you didn't take that, it's still explained on the first sentence of the blog. I don't think it needs to be mentioned when it's already mentioned there.

well its like not realizing "Mahado" is simply transliteration and not something entirely different, like speaking with an accent

The card game inspires from the 4Kids' "translations", not the Viz manga. The Viz names are for the most part the original names ripped exactly from the Japanese manga unlike how 4Kids changed Jonouchi to Joey and whatnot. That's not a pick on localization, that's just the truth on how they went with it. They did actually call him Joey for some of the original 60 chapters, but after that Viz just stuck with his original Japanese name.

High 7-C, yes, but it's the best we got.

Not like we can do any better.

Any last words on Marik/Yugi? It seems like we have everything set.

Nothing really, just confirming the changes for Yugi and Marik since we never actually touched them; getting images together and shipping them off.

You can revise them now, the calc seems to have been confirmed. Still gonna double check the math, high 7-C does seem a bit low. if anything changes ill revise the profiles afterwards

But, wait a minute, what about dsod?

Will it be added to the manga profile later?

Are we going to discuss anime yugi now or which topic is next?

We'll discuss DSoD later, this topic has taken enough out of our schedules as it is.

I don't think the anime needs any revisions does it?

The only changes in statistics I can think of regarding the DM anime involve a certain filler scene. There's also some anime-only Battle City scenes that provide at best, supporting feats for the Egyptian Gods. Also, some small hax revisions, & the discussion of Leviathan & possibly other stuff as well.

But this thread was largely intended for manga-related content, & it may be possible there are more things that should be gathered up before a coherent, cohesive, good-looking DM anime revision can be made.

Point being, it might make us better able to handle making & discussing an anime revision if we saved that for another thread. That's what I think anyway.

Actually, yes it does.

Since we have taken care of "canon" Yugioh, there is nothing that stops Anime Yugi from being about Duel Monsters (Where the millenium items have legit reality manipulation/ soul manipulation like in Yugi vs Pegasus, Pegasus and Bakura throwing beams at each other, Season 4 had real duel monsters and mechanics, and the Season 5 God cards are legit planetary threats), Bonds Beyond Time (Canon to the anime because of 5Ds, and Yusei gains time travel, Paradox was actually able to use reality manipulation and Yudai was able to throw a fireball in the real world thanks to Yubel.) and Pyramid of Light (Which takes place after Season 3, and Duel Monsters and all of the game mechanics are real, i might sounds like a broken record here, but this would also affect season 4, were Timaeus had infinite attack, which would now be High 3-A legit AP in the anime verse, not to mention Monsta Caado, where Yugi legit hurt Haga´s soul and derrailed a train with Mahou Senshi Breaker)

That monster from a canonical standpoint cannot be High 3-A simply because Dartz goal was to resurrect the Leviathan, whom he said to be strongest being [including his deck] which fought with the Gods that scale to Zorc 5-A feat.

Well, if in Season 4 and Pyramid of Light duel monsters do use the game mechanics, then infinite attack should also count.

And, no. The God Cards in the anime verse are actually stronger than the Ancient Gods they were based on based on game mechanics alone, so infinite Obelisk in the anime verse would kill Zorc with no difficulty with sacrifice.

If you insist that Game Mechanics shouldnt count (Even if it is used in Pyramid of light, Season 4 and BBT) then everyone would be in tier 5.

But even if the monsters AP would be limited to tier 5, magic and trap cards would make all YGO duelists absolute monsters in hax. (Based on Pyramid of Light, Season 4 and BBT. Dark Magician with Magical Knives is a instant kill.)

And before you bring Toon Monsters "dying" to a pillar, please dont.

Not only Toon World wasnt activated, so they were going to be destroyed anyways, it doesnt matter how weak or strong they are if by game mechanics a monster has infinite attack, it would still be High 3-A by the rules stated in the animeverse. (Season 4, BBT and Pyramid of Light.)

Not to mention, Anime Yugi is already non-canon, so saying BBT or Pyramid of Light being non canon to a non canon version of a character is a pretty shallow argument.

Game mechanics are game mechanics. Spells and traps are still game mechanics.

Toon World literally has nothing to do with them dying. I've checked the script. That at this point, is a lie.

"(The ceiling starts to cave in again.) Joey: We're pancakes! (A huge chunk of ceiling starts to fall toward Joey, Tristan, Téa, Pegasus, Grandpa, Mokuba, and Pegasus' lackey. Just then, it's halted-- by Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon and Toon Dark Magician Girl. Pegasus is holding up their two cards.) Pegasus: Not yet! (Pegasus looks at the cards a moment, then adds--) Pegasus: These Toon monsters won't last long. <1:22:00> We have to get out of here while we still have the chance! Joey: Yugi, I know you'll take this creep down! Téa: That's right, 'cause we'll be with you all the way! (Joey, Tristan, and Téa hold up the backs of their right hands, invoking their friendship symbol.) Joey, Tristan, Téa: Always! (Yugi smiles faintly, and responds by raising his own right hand.) Pegasus: Fine, *fine*! Let's go already! (They run for cover. Above, Toon Dark Magician Girl looks dubious about how much longer they can hold the big slab of roof, and Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon is straining. Then their strength gives out and the slab falls, crushing them both. The group of spectators they saved has made it safely into the elevator, while the two Toons lie in the rubble, seeing stars. Each disappears with a little pink poof of smoke.)"

No that's not shallow, it would be like giving Shin Budokai stats to Janemba from the movie.

" And, no. The God Cards in the anime verse are actually stronger than the Ancient Gods they were based on based on game mechanics alone, so infinite Obelisk in the anime verse would kill Zorc with no difficulty with sacrifice."

Bruh

SomebodyData said:
Spells and traps are still game mechanics.
So how did Sayer used Hinotama to create fireballs and attack Yusei or used Brain Control to manipulate people's minds into the Acacia Movement or used Psychic Sword to create a sword to fight Yusei? And how did Bakura use Chain Enery to arrest the Pegasus agents?

Executor these are minor exceptions which can are ok to consider, but not stuff like for tier 3 or 2 upgrades.

I agree with not exaggerating with gameplay mechanics in this way, I complain about considering this way that everything is not valid. We've already seen Magic Cards being used outside of duels and other effects like Morphing Jar's when Bakura used it to send the Pegasus Agents to the graveyard.

You're asking why a person with psychic abilities can make cards come to real life? Its quite literally his gimmick, if anything that disproves it.

Pretty sure it was explicitly stated he made it real via magic

Bruh is not an argument.

And as i explained above, BBT, Pyramid of light and Season 4 have Game mechanics being used in real life. Unless you are willing to prove Anubis using magic cards in the real world to destroy Yugi's and Kaiba's hand... Or Paradox chabging the enviorement with malicient world.... Or the Seal of Orichalcos/Dark Magician girl/The three Knights not being effevtive in the real world.... Then game mechanics should be allowed for Anime Yugi.

So how did Sayer used Hinotama to create fireballs and attack Yusei or used Brain Control to manipulate people's minds into the Acacia Movement or used Psychic Sword to create a sword to fight Yusei? And how did Bakura use Chain Enery to arrest the Pegasus agents?

This.

And Toon world is needed for the Toon monsters to be on the field.

And not to mention the multiple times Pegasus used soul manipulation and reality warping against Yugi.

Good Yugi's soul was literally being erased away during their duel with pegasus, and their firends warped thru an erased portion of space created by pegasus.

Space manipulation.

I did not say anyone could do that. I just mean that characters who have the power to make real the power of duel cards (like Millennium Items, Psychic Duelists, etc.) can even use magic cards with powers similar to those depicted in duels.

Bruh because you're legitimately arguing Obelisk is >infinitely stronger> than Zorc

And as I explained above, PoL is non-canon to even the anime with Osiris taking the place of Zorc.

Gimme a sec, I need to find context for all of these. Where are you getting these examples anyways?

@Executor and I'm not arguing they can't do that. I'm arguing that spells and traps are game mechanics, not the objects or events they represent.

Back