• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Changes) II

Sayer is 5D's, if I'm not mistaken he used magic cards against Yusei in episode 60 or 61. Brain Control was a key point in the history of World Championship 2010.

Bakura was in the kingdom of duelists, if I mistake not was in the second or third episode of the duel Pegasus vs. Yugi.

Yes you are.

You are legit saying thry cant use duel monsters mechanics in real life.

Like the examples i and executor gave you.

And Pyramid of Light is canon to the animeverse because the intro references Season 3.

Of course you can't use game mechanics in real life.

The intro of the movie. Thats like arguing its canon to the manga because it has yugi in the movie.

I'll also bring up the fact that if Obelisk was even remotely infinite in power, not only would he'd only equal Exodia, but Horakthy would literally be a useless concept.

What the hell are you talking about Data?

They literally use magic cards in real life like all the time.

https://youtu.be/OgzKI52FPZ8?t=20m39s

And i think Marco was talking about Yugi vs Pegasus, where Pegasus reads Yugi´s mind to see his cards, The Shadow game was literally destroying Little Yugi´s soul, when Tea and the rest came to rescue them, they just warped to the other side, which is indeed space manipulation, and after the duel, were Pegasus launches a beam against Bakura´s millenium rod, and the clash between the two was literally warping space around it.

One thing, I'm not arguing that anything within the mechanics of the games is valid. I just wanted to show examples where magic cards were used outside the duels showing that their power is somehow valid outside the duels.

I'm not advocating things like Obelisk High 3-A (I'm neutral about accepting this or not).

Explain malificent world. Explain Orichalcos Explain Anubis.

If you cannoy legit justify all lf those three instances, then Animeverse should get Game Mechanics

The thing is, if those magic cards are used in real life, then it opens the door to all of the magic cards in their decks.

If Bakura can use those magic cards in real life, what stops yugi from using swords of revealing light with the puzzle to save his life?

>Obelisk being equal to exodia.

What are you talking about. Exodia is an insta win scenario, Obelisk can be killed with Mirror force or something like Magical Cylinder would kill Yugi or Draining shield would heal the opponent an infinite amount of life points.

And Marik also has Mind Control.

>Be me

>No one reads context when I stated spells and traps are game mechanics

>Was responding to insta-killing Thousand Knifes and High 3-A Obelisk

>Was the first one to point in the original Yugioh revision thread a year ago that some spells and traps can be used under their "Magic" ability and have generally never followed their actual effects.

>Also points out that they are based on inseries events and items/places.

Marco Shark said:
>Obelisk being equal to exodia.
What are you talking about. Exodia is an insta win scenario, Obelisk can be killed with Mirror force or something like Magical Cylinder would kill Yugi or Draining shield would heal the opponent an infinite amount of life points.
You clearly need to re-read my reply.

No, i do not.

It simply means Card Monsters are superior to their original counterparts thanks to the mi├▒lenium items.

>Also be me

>Stated that next time this thread is derailed I'll block them (Its been derailed like 10 times this thread alone)

>Block anyone now and I'll look like I'm abusing my power.

I'm also neutral on High 3-A Obelisk... But Data is right. Card Obelisk was made to reflect the power of Obelisk, and specifically is stated to be a ridiculously small part of Obelisk's strength. Whatever scales to the Cards scales to the spirits...

Also BBT implies that if Stardust Dragon isn't in the timeline, the timeline is destroyed. What would this qualify as ?

Last question before continuing with Manga Yugioh.

@Marco

I saw the CRT for making Mind Control a part of Mind Manipulation eons ago so I just kept it as the bigger version.

Anyways, the calc seems to have been accepted and Perp dropped TG's calc down even further, but still in City level, so Ari you can make the profiles for the manga now, I'll edit TG and those who scale.

Alright, should be good to finish up then. I fixed up the Gods and already got Ryo Bakura. The others will take a longer time since they haven't had a premade one like Bakura.

Uh, the 7-B rating from the calc was Thunder Giant redone, High 7-C is the result for the god cards

I can revise them to High 7-C again if you don't have time

Oh, also Horakhty, we forgot that page existed.

Did it even one-shot Zorc in the anime? We don't really have a screenshot for that

Back